Spamming

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Omar, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

I'm going to pin this for a week or so, seems spam has become an increasing problem on the boards lately so I'd like to help clear it up...

Spam is advertisement of another website / ecommerce / msg. board /etc...

Spamming is also against the rules [meaning when you make a post with a link to your's or a recommended site, that is spam unless your giving a generic site [ex. www.yahoo.com for searching]

Spam is however allowed in your sig, to which you can post w/e appropriate links you wish without any warning

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES AND GUIDLINES OF THE BOARDS AND KEEP ALL SPAM IN YOUR SIG, THANK YOU

[The LPA Staff]

well i saw a thread on the LPU message boards with your boards spamming. thats how i got here.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

"Spam is however allowed in your sig, to which you can post w/e appropriate links you wish without any warning."

That's what we do on LPU more then threads...post advertisments in our signatures.

Also, it is fine to advertize fan sites on the LPU whereas here, it is not.

"Spam is however allowed in your sig, to which you can post w/e appropriate links you wish without any warning."

That's what we do on LPU more then threads...post advertisments in our signatures.

Also, it is fine to advertize fan sites on the LPU whereas here, it is not.[/b][/quote]
    oh ok. i thought it wasnt allowed on LPU my bad.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

we also consider spam trying to heighten your post count with useless one-word posts. please refrain from them. when we see this, it is an instant warning and the post is deleted in most cases.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Maybe not an instant warning. Usually a pre-emptive warning telling you to please not do it, then if its done again you'll be warned and asked once again to please stop.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

the only place "one-word" posts are allowed would be in the "what song are you listening to" threads. but, try not to post every single song you're listening to. heh, i got yelled at for it. ;) :p

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

lol. yeah.. u were bad! you posted heaps and heaps and heaps!

and the word association! you can do one word posts in there... even though that will die probably soon :rolleyes:

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Ok, I'm closing this since the spam has ended thanks for the cooperation :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.