Thread: Spamming

I'm going to pin this for a week or so, seems spam has become an increasing problem on the boards lately so I'd like to help clear it up...

Spam is advertisement of another website / ecommerce / msg. board /etc...

Spamming is also against the rules [meaning when you make a post with a link to your's or a recommended site, that is spam unless your giving a generic site [ex. www.yahoo.com for searching]

Spam is however allowed in your sig, to which you can post w/e appropriate links you wish without any warning

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES AND GUIDLINES OF THE BOARDS AND KEEP ALL SPAM IN YOUR SIG, THANK YOU

[The LPA Staff]

BreakingTheHabit
    well i saw a thread on the LPU message boards with your boards spamming. thats how i got here.

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Originally posted by BreakingTheHabit@Dec 3 2002, 12:03 AM
    well i saw a thread on the LPU message boards with your boards spamming. thats how i got here.
    "Spam is however allowed in your sig, to which you can post w/e appropriate links you wish without any warning."

That's what we do on LPU more then threads...post advertisments in our signatures.

Also, it is fine to advertize fan sites on the LPU whereas here, it is not.
    The LPA is self funded. We support our hosting costs out of pocket and through ads, and although we do not expect our users to donate...any monetary contribution helps.
    To donate towards hosting costs and help support the site, please click on the Donate button below.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

BreakingTheHabit
    Originally posted by LinkiedTheory+Dec 3 2002, 12:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LinkiedTheory @ Dec 3 2002, 12:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BreakingTheHabit@Dec 3 2002, 12:03 AM
    "Spam is however allowed in your sig, to which you can post w/e appropriate links you wish without any warning."

That&#39;s what we do on LPU more then threads...post advertisments in our signatures.

Also, it is fine to advertize fan sites on the LPU whereas here, it is not.[/b][/quote]
    oh ok. i thought it wasnt allowed on LPU my bad.

or there and back again

we also consider spam trying to heighten your post count with useless one-word posts. please refrain from them. when we see this, it is an instant warning and the post is deleted in most cases.

Bryan
    Originally posted by Akuma-sama@Dec 7 2002, 06:20 PM

we also consider spam trying to heighten your post count with useless one-word posts. please refrain from them. when we see this, it is an instant warning and the post is deleted in most cases.
    Maybe not an instant warning. Usually a pre-emptive warning telling you to please not do it, then if its done again you&#39;ll be warned and asked once again to please stop.

or there and back again

the only place "one-word" posts are allowed would be in the "what song are you listening to" threads. but, try not to post every single song you&#39;re listening to. heh, i got yelled at for it.

LPA VIP
    Originally posted by Akuma-sama@Dec 8 2002, 11:13 AM

the only place "one-word" posts are allowed would be in the "what song are you listening to" threads. but, try not to post every single song you&#39;re listening to. heh, i got yelled at for it.
    lol. yeah.. u were bad&#33; you posted heaps and heaps and heaps&#33;

and the word association&#33; you can do one word posts in there... even though that will die probably soon

Ok, I&#39;m closing this since the spam has ended thanks for the cooperation

Thread Information