LPU and the "Unreleased Material" Disc

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Will, Nov 21, 2002.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Well, the next package will soon be on its way - yes, the package that will supposedly contain a disc with unreleased material. It isn't confirmed whether or not this disc will actually be shipped with this package or if it will be shipped with a future package, but it is confirmed that it will contain unreleased material - demos, old Xero tracks, et cetera. You know how bad the Xero demos sound as you have them, right now? Well, knowing Mike, if LP does decide to put them on this disc, he will probably remaster them to sound clear as day, along with all the other tracks. If the disc really is full of demos, all three "Points of Authority" demos (yes, three) will be on the disc, as well as other demos we've never heard and possibly demos for the demos! Also, there may or may not be demos for Reanimation or - quite possibly - the new as-yet-untitled album that will come out in March. With all these possibilities at stake, I ask you this:

What do you want to see on this "unreleased material" disc?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I'd like to see demo's that arent available to get on the internet, ones that we've never heard.
    But, I highly dought they'll be releasing demo's for the new album, if they did, the songs would get on the internet and it would kinda ruin it. Now yea, they are just the demo's, but if you look at all the other Linkin Park demo's, most were the same exact thing except a few lyrical change's.

Will

For the most part, yes. But all of the "Points of Authority" demos were different. One version didn't even have the chorus it has now. Another version had a different sound to it all throughout. And the other version had an extra "it's time to sink or swim to see who gets scared when the lights go dim" verse. I mean, there are literally hundreds of possibilities, we just need to see them all come into effect. Speaking of which, I need to get all of my demos back! :eek:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

i would love to see a studio version of "the morning after".

i also love the part in one of the POA demos where mike goes "forfeit the game, stop the talk show, product of what, you're taught to know."

i would like demos, but what i would love more is material which was recorded, but never made it's way onto an album, such as reanimation or hybrid theory. a preview of the new album would be nice.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

And...you know how bands always make more songs than they put on their album? Like, they record 20 songs but only use 12 or 13, well i'd like to see the extra songs that they had for Hybrid Theory. Just to see what all they had.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

well obviously In Yourself, if it really is a song and also...new unheard songs.

Will

Yeah, a studio version of "The Morning After" would rule but I doubt it'll happen. As for that POA demo, that's the one that is referred to as "Vertical Limit" for some reason. I love that one. One is basically the version of Hybrid Theory but sounds different, and the other is the one I mentioned before with the "it's time to sink or swim" part. Come to think of it... I think there may even be four. I must check my discs because I have them all somewhere.

Derek

Yeah, a studio version of "The Morning After" would rule but I doubt it'll happen. As for that POA demo, that's the one that is referred to as "Vertical Limit" for some reason. I love that one. One is basically the version of Hybrid Theory but sounds different, and the other is the one I mentioned before with the "it's time to sink or swim" part. Come to think of it... I think there may even be four. I must check my discs because I have them all somewhere.[/b][/quote]
    someone once told me they had a 'fourth' one and I believed em lol. But they told me they deleted it.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yeah, a studio version of "The Morning After" would rule but I doubt it'll happen. As for that POA demo, that's the one that is referred to as "Vertical Limit" for some reason. I love that one. One is basically the version of Hybrid Theory but sounds different, and the other is the one I mentioned before with the "it's time to sink or swim" part. Come to think of it... I think there may even be four. I must check my discs because I have them all somewhere.[/b][/quote]
    Its referred to as 'Vertical Limit' because it was featured in a video called 'Vertical Limit' and for some reason, people just started calling it that.

Mark

Its referred to as 'Vertical Limit' because it was featured in a video called 'Vertical Limit' and for some reason, people just started calling it that.[/b][/quote]
    yes, i beleive it was a movie about being trapped on a mountain after an avalanche or something.

on the subject of points of authority and snow movies, i was watching the ring and a preview of a movie called "extreme ops" came on. it's about a crew filming a perfect superbowl commercial, then they discover terrorists are living on the mountain. anyways, all throughout the preview, an instrumental of POA was blasting, i'm guessing there's lyrics, but they never put them in there, or i couldn't hear them over the voices of the characters in the movie. i'm definately going to see that movie.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

yes, i beleive it was a movie about being trapped on a mountain after an avalanche or something.

on the subject of points of authority and snow movies, i was watching the ring and a preview of a movie called "extreme ops" came on. it's about a crew filming a perfect superbowl commercial, then they discover terrorists are living on the mountain. anyways, all throughout the preview, an instrumental of POA was blasting, i'm guessing there's lyrics, but they never put them in there, or i couldn't hear them over the voices of the characters in the movie. i'm definately going to see that movie.[/b][/quote]
    I saw previews for that too, it looks awesome...i'm defidently going to see that movie.

Derek

I saw previews for that too, it looks awesome...i'm defidently going to see that movie.[/b][/quote]
    Ok I have no clue how ppl got POA mixed up with Vertical Limit. I watched like..half of that movie today, the song never came on, and in the credits..."Points Of Authority" was not listed in the songs. So I'm clueless as to where ppl saw this.

Also i've seen Extreme Ops's commercial but no POA in the commercial, I must be deaf lol.

Will

Okay, people, back on topic.

Mark

it's not in the commercial, it's in the theatrical movie trailer.

ok, back on topic : if i had to pick one song which i haven't heard a demo of off Hybrid Theory, it'd be papercut or pushing me away, those would be great to see on the LPU 2.0 CD.

Trumtram

Trumtram Well-Known Member

papercut or runaway, yeah true :)
    but when will we know whats on the cd? now everyone is renewing and then we find out that 10 live tracks of HT songs 1 or 2 unreleased songs and 6 messages from the band are on it :rolleyes:

Will

That... would really suck. :(

Mark

the mods/admin won't tell us on the LPU, so i guess the first person to get it will post the track listing. more than likely a california resident.

Will

Of course they aren't going to tell you! What were you thinking? :lol:

Mark

why wouldn't they?

i mean, i don't want to be suckered into a cd which is full of live tracks and messsages from band members, i'd like at least 5 unheard/unreleased songs.

i've already renewed, so if they screw me over with live tracks, there will be complaints aplenty.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

why wouldn't they?

i mean, i don't want to be suckered into a cd which is full of live tracks and messsages from band members, i'd like at least 5 unheard/unreleased songs.

i've already renewed, so if they screw me over with live tracks, there will be complaints aplenty.[/b][/quote]
    With the live tracks, I dont think its just gonna be a regular live song. It'll be like "one step closer" where they had aaron lewis sing, or where Linkin Park covered songs(example: that deftones song they covered live).

And the rest will probably be demo's such as the 4 Xero demo's except "touched up" so they sound better.