or there and back again
    From MTV.com:

While both can boast three-times platinum status, it looks like Linkin Park will edge out Evanescence for 2003's best-selling rock act. Meteora, which has sold more than 3.3 million since March, gives Linkin Park a perfect platinum streak through their first three releases. Reanimation, their 2002 remix album, was certified platinum, and their 2000 debut, Hybrid Theory, earned an eight-times platinum plaque.

Evanescence, averaging sales of 100,000 copies per week in December, compared to Meteora's 70,000, is poised to have the best-selling debut by a group with their album, Fallen. Since March, the disc has sold more than 3.2 million copies.

Thanks to superxero88 for the news.

Extremely H! Vltg3
    i thought rean was double platinum???

I'm Not Obsessed!!!
    Well, well, well, LP is forever the best and they are much popular and better than Evanescence! LP rulez!!! It's proved in the sales figure of Meteora!!!

Awesome. Congrats to Linkin Park.
    .:.Past LP Shows.:.
    2/13/2002 // Projekt Revolution // Philadelphia, PA
    1/20/2004 // Meteora World Tour // Philadelphia, PA
    8/25/2007 // Projekt Revolution // Camden, NJ
    7/19/2008 // Projekt Revolution // Camden, NJ
    1/31/2011 // A Thousand Suns Tour // Philadelphia, PA
    8/17/2012 // Honda Civic Tour // Camden, NJ

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    ahem....its a good news anyway!!
    Congrats to LP..!

It's Like I'm Paranoid...
    congrats to lp, of course they are better than evan, so go LP

Ntr/Mssion
    this is good news.

Great news!! Congrats LP

why does everyone have to post great news and congrats to lp?

LPAssociation.com Administrator Derek's Avatar
    Because maybe they feel like being happy for one of their favorite bands? I don't see the harm in it.

Their figures are wrong anyways. Reanimation was 2x platinum and according to a news post on this site a month or two ago, Meteora is now officially 6x platinum. Same with Fallen I believe. It's going to be a close race.

Check Out AltWire - My Latest Project

HELP THE LPA:

or there and back again
    Originally posted by Derek@Dec 30 2003, 04:37 PM
    Because maybe they feel like being happy for one of their favorite bands? I don't see the harm in it.

Their figures are wrong anyways. Reanimation was 2x platinum and according to a news post on this site a month or two ago, Meteora is now officially 6x platinum. Same with Fallen I believe. It's going to be a close race.
    That's worldwide.

HT is only 8x in the US, Reanimation is only 1x in the US, Meteora is only 3x in the US.

Their figures are NOT wrong.

Originally posted by Will+Dec 30 2003, 11:19 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Will @ Dec 30 2003, 11:19 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Derek@Dec 30 2003, 04:37 PM
    Because maybe they feel like being happy for one of their favorite bands? I don&#39;t see the harm in it.

Their figures are wrong anyways. Reanimation was 2x platinum and according to a news post on this site a month or two ago, Meteora is now officially 6x platinum. Same with Fallen I believe. It&#39;s going to be a close race.
    That&#39;s worldwide.

HT is only 8x in the US, Reanimation is only 1x in the US, Meteora is only 3x in the US.

Their figures are NOT wrong. [/b][/quote]
    Will is right, Reanimation is Platinum and METEORA is 3x Platinum in the U.S.

By the way, the RIAA doesn&#39;t certify worldwide shipment of albums, so you can&#39;t be 2x or 6x Platinum worldwide. They&#39;ve more than likely sold 2 million/6 million versus shipping that amount.

Ntr/Mssion
    Originally posted by PyRoMaNiaK@Dec 30 2003, 09:18 PM
    i think you mean why doesn&#39;t everyone put something that is more individual and not reptative. maybe, some just like to keep it simple, otherwise, i don&#39;t have an answer to this. peace.

Originally posted by KrwlngFromTheInside+Dec 31 2003, 11:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KrwlngFromTheInside @ Dec 31 2003, 11:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--PyRoMaNiaK@Dec 30 2003, 09:18 PM
    i think you mean why doesn&#39;t everyone put something that is more individual and not reptative. maybe, some just like to keep it simple, otherwise, i don&#39;t have an answer to this. peace.[/b][/quote]
    yeah, thats what i meant

LPA VIP
    yay, more news reported by me.
    meet the team.

Ntr/Mssion
    It makes me kinda sad to think of Evanescence ever since Ben left the band. I dunno, I attached to LP and Ev and when I met Ben and Amy been was awesome, it still wont click that he left the band, this sucks.

Thread Information