Spider-man 2 Trailer!!

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid_Bunny, Dec 15, 2003.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

He doesnt have the rights to the Venom or Carnage. They both have there own coming books. There not just in the spiderman comic series and each studio can purchase what ever super hero or what ever. Its just like Captain America, one studio had the rights another was like hey Marvel we want that movie, they drop some money in to the other studios laps and there we go in 3 years we will have a CA movie.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I mean hed need the movie rights, not the characters.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Movie rights are easy to get when you have alot of money.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, since different studios own the rights to Spider-man and Venom, I guess we'll never see them together in the same movie. At least not for a while anyway. They still need a few more years to perfect the cgi for Venom anyway. Universal refuses to do a sequel for The Hulk now because of what happened with the first one. I'd love to see Harry become the second Green Goblin in the third movie like he did in the comics, but people might complain about how the Goblin has been used too many times..but then Magneto has been in two X-men movies and will probably be in the third one too so I dunno.

and here's the link for the quicktime trailer..that came out today
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movies/feature/spi...derman2qt1.html

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I meant cartoonish in the way the Hulk looked. I actually thought he didn't look all that real, but I guess they did a good enough job. Doc Ock looks convincing enough to me though. Even though he sounded like he lacked his accent in that one line he spoke in the trailer. Oh well [/b][/quote]
    Ohhh, now I get your point. Yeah, I suppose he would look pretty cartoonish, unless they did much better graphics on Venom than they did on the Hulk. Those graphics were ####.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Okay, I checked again and only Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are signed for all three movies. Sam Raimi isn't contracted to direct the third movie, but I hope they don't find a new director and mess it up like they did with the Batman movies.

Did anyone also notice how Doc Ock has no accent in the trailer?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Not if the director doesn't want to sell the rights. :rolleyes:

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Not if the director doesn't want to sell the rights. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    why would the director not want to sell the rights if hes never going to make a movie about it ? :mellow:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

why would the director not want to sell the rights if hes never going to make a movie about it ? :mellow: [/b][/quote]
    micheal jackson owns the rights to all of the beatles recordings even though he hasnt covered one in almost 20 years. its the idea of having something someone else wants and refusing to give it to them.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

but thatd different hes rish I bet you a Director wouldnt have that much money and would want more and sell the rights.

The Doctor

Sam Raimi has been making stuff for years, he does have a lot of money, but why sell something that is making him even more money? Common sense.

Will

Sam Raimi has been making stuff for years, he does have a lot of money, but why sell something that is making him even more money? Common sense. [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.

Once he gives up the rights to Spider-Man, he can never make any money off of the first two movies ever again. All the profits would go to the guy who would own the rights to Spider-Man after Raimi.

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

OH MY F****** GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spider-man is the best movie ever for me... this is gonna rock my world....

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

The movie looks pretty good from the Trailer. I can't wait to see it.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Exactly.

Once he gives up the rights to Spider-Man, he can never make any money off of the first two movies ever again. All the profits would go to the guy who would own the rights to Spider-Man after Raimi. [/b][/quote]
    Iam not talking about the rights to spider-man i was talking about venom and carnage. The Director doesnt have the rights to the whole spider-man universe only spiderman and some characters he has to get the rights for you know. He would never give up the rights to spiderman.

The Doctor

Iam not talking about the rights to spider-man i was talking about venom and carnage. The Director doesnt have the rights to the whole spider-man universe only spiderman and some characters he has to get the rights for you know. He would never give up the rights to spiderman. [/b][/quote]
    You still dont get it. That other guys cant make a Spiderman movie UNLESS Raimi sells the rights. And hes not.

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

yes the first was good, but wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated, i give it a 7/10, i dont think it should have been the biggest movie ever, i really dont see how, there are so many other better movies, but whatever. still looking forward to spidy 2

Will

Iam not talking about the rights to spider-man i was talking about venom and carnage. The Director doesnt have the rights to the whole spider-man universe only spiderman and some characters he has to get the rights for you know. He would never give up the rights to spiderman. [/b][/quote]
    What good would having the rights to Venom or Carnage be if you can't put the main character (Spider-Man) in the movie?

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

What good would having the rights to Venom or Carnage be if you can't put the main character (Spider-Man) in the movie? [/b][/quote]
    :mellow: SPIDER-MAN ISNT GOING TO BE IN THE MOVIE its about Venom thats why its called a Venom movie with Carnage in it :mellow: the Movie will have nothing to do with spiderman at all not even mention him.