Ugh. Someone shoot me please.

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Nikki, Dec 13, 2003.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Well, to be honest, how about switching the situation...

Let's say there was a site that went against you as a biker. It degrades you for being a biker. It sounds dumb, doesn't it? To think someone actually took the time to make a site about going against something. A human will more than 50% of the time look at something even though they don't want to. For the record, I didn't read the entire page. I just took many glances at it and kept up in this thread. I as many who have posted have took a look. Perhaps they didn't, but it's that human drive we have that makes us. So me being a human, I looked at it. It's upsetting no matter the circumstance. These people are portraying Christians as assholes. I'm not basing it on the fact I am not religious. I'm simply stating that in the past few years, I believe that things like that page make religion absolutely wrong.

I don't have to, but me being a human, I do. Just like you are reading my posts. You don't have to, but you are. It's all the constant wondering of our minds, just like other creatures. We can't help put let our eyes wonder, and well, hey, sometimes it takes us to places we'd be better off not seeing. And well, you win some, you lose some, but nonetheless, life goes on.

I find it a little odd how you've managed to single me out as some agreed, and some said the same things I did in other of following posts :mellow:. I also never said I was offended with it, although I may come off that way in these posts. I have just posted what I've noticed in the past/present and what I think (my opinion). Maybe it's because I'm being the larger voice, I don't know. And really, I have been told that I need to express myself more, so I'm really just expressing myself... In my own Keaton-ish way. Really next time, you don't have to single me out when people feel the same ;). Other people have expressed the same exact things, yet I am the center of blame?

By the way, I have nothing against Christians. Everyone in my family is Christian but me.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Well, to be honest, how about switching the situation...

Let's say there was a site that went against you as a biker. It degrades you for being a biker. It sounds dumb, doesn't it? To think someone actually took the time to make a site about going against something. A human will more than 50% of the time look at something even though they don't want to. For the record, I didn't read the entire page. I just took many glances at it and kept up in this thread. I as many who have posted have took a look. Perhaps they didn't, but it's that human drive we have that makes us. So me being a human, I looked at it. It's upsetting no matter the circumstance. These people are portraying Christians as assholes. I'm not basing it on the fact I am not religious. I'm simply stating that in the past few years, I believe that things like that page make religion absolutely wrong.

I don't have to, but me being a human, I do. Just like you are reading my posts. You don't have to, but you are. It's all the constant wondering of our minds, just like other creatures. We can't help put let our eyes wonder, and well, hey, sometimes it takes us to places we'd be better off not seeing. And well, you win some, you lose some, but nonetheless, life goes on.

I find it a little odd how you've managed to single me out as some agreed, and some said the same things I did in other of following posts :mellow:. I also never said I was offended with it, although I may come off that way in these posts. I have just posted what I've noticed in the past/present and what I think (my opinion). Maybe it's because I'm being the larger voice, I don't know. And really, I have been told that I need to express myself more, so I'm really just expressing myself... In my own Keaton-ish way. Really next time, you don't have to single me out when people feel the same ;). Other people have expressed the same exact things, yet I am the center of blame?

By the way, I have nothing against Christians. Everyone in my family is Christian but me. [/b][/quote]
    there are thousands of people who dont like bikers. including adults, cops, skateboarders, rollerbladers...it doesn't bother me. i know they don't like bikers but as long as they dont say anything about it to my face it doesnt bother me. usually though none of them have the "guts" to say it to a bikers face anyway

i know i dont have to look at your posts...but i want to. obviously you dont want to read the book...so don't.

your post is the only one i remembered when posting so i responded to it. don't take it personally.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

there are thousands of people who dont like bikers. including adults, cops, skateboarders, rollerbladers...it doesn't bother me. i know they don't like bikers but as long as they dont say anything about it to my face it doesnt bother me. usually though none of them have the "guts" to say it to a bikers face anyway

i know i dont have to look at your posts...but i want to. obviously you dont want to read the book...so don't.

your post is the only one i remembered when posting so i responded to it. don't take it personally. [/b][/quote]
    he read the thing and commented with his opinion on it, leave him alone about it. sheesh.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

and i was commenting on his comment. it's what a forum is for. ;)

i'd appreciate it if you stop trying to get on my case and/or get a rise out of me to get me in trouble. :)

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

and i was commenting on his comment. it's what a forum is for. ;)

i'd appreciate it if you stop trying to get on my case and/or get a rise out of me to get me in trouble. :) [/b][/quote]
    yep, just remember not to attack people because they say something you disagree with. ;). it seems like keaton has been on your hit list recently.

but, in an effort to end a possible feud, i'll withdraw myself from replying in this thread anymore. i'm hoping you can do it too.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

People are always going to find something wrong with something else. Like, for example, if people can't hate athest (I can't spell, so sue me. :p) for some reason, they would just find something else to hate. Its funny too, since religion is all about accepting people and yet these people are going against others because of their beliefs. Smart. :lol:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Thank you Mark.

As for you Bryan, you may have it easier being you are your biker with your tough guy attitude. Nonetheless, like I've said many times before, you have no idea and I cannot blame you for not seeing what I see. But I think before you target someone as you did in your previous post, I would advise you to look at the entire thread before singling someone out. It's bad enough to degrade me for my opinions, but to target me in specific was way out of line, again, in my opinion. I don't believe I deserved to be your target for feeling the way I do, and I do accept those who do not agree with me. Like I said, my family is Christian. Even though I am not like them, nor do I believe in the same things they do, that doesn't make me more or less of a person. I have tried to keep my posts fun, as to not offend anyone, and I have always appologized if I did. Sadly Bryan, people like you just bring it all back down to a negative state. You are open to your opinions, yes, but the way they're expressed do take some thinking. I've tried to keep my cool through this entire thing, keeping as much negativity out at possible, but the more I am pushed, the less positive I will be about things.

I would hate to see a perfectly good thread thrown to the side and closed because we cannot think like civil folks. We don't need to be smartasses about everything, this being one of them. We need to remember that not everyone is like us. We have to accept it. So before you again, single me out, remember that I may say things you don't like, but that doesn't put me below or above you, and you should show that much of respect as I have done so far.

No where in this thread have I said anything negative about Christianity. I may have expressed my feelings and pointed out a few things, but that's what this is for. We're able to express ourselves and not have people jump on our backs for it. This is a forum, not school.

I understand, Bryan, that you must keep your pride at a certain level to be satisfied, but sometimes, it's better to just step down and aside. I am now stepping down and aside from this situation, continue to insult my opinions if you wish, but that shall not degrade me in any way; it'll just make you look worse.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but if this continues, this thread is as good as closed.

Edit: One more thing. It might be just a page, but look at it this way. Let's say I made a page dedicated to be anti-bikers. Wouldn't you feel upset, Bryan? Biking may not be a religion, but you live for it, and it's a part of you. When reality strikes and you see the 'anti' put down in front of you, human insticts kick in and you're forced to defend. As you will in a reply if there is one. We defend to keep our pride high, but in the end, it shows insecurities when we make excuses. So I'll stop with excuses and say that I am an athiest and I am disappointed to the fact that people have a feeling of dislike that is so strong, they need to put it on a website. We tend to avoid these, but it doesn't help when we try to express it and get it off our chests, and then brought back down by someone who doesn't understand.

Bottom line, we all know people out there will dislike eachother, but it's disturbing to know people take it to new extremes to show their dislike for others. I personally look at this as destruction among people; just because some can't get along with others, we put the pressure on our offspring.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Keaton, that was a really nice post. :)