Question

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by The Doctor, Dec 4, 2003.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I hope I dont get in trouble for asking this, but how do I rip audio from a dvd?

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

I hope I don't get in trouble for this too... As long as the DVD is not copyrighted it is ok and I'm going to assume (heh heh) that your doing this on a non-copyrighted DVD. (Even though I'm somewhat sure that your planning on ripping LIT and making a cd with all the tracks, cause I know a certain someone who did) Take a trip to www.doom9.org and grab yourself a dvd ripper. Rip the vob's (which if you don't know how to do.. read the guides on doom9.org. Its not too hard, I reccommend SmartRipper for this. Once you have the Vobs on your hard drive (which will take 3-9 gigs of space so I hope you have a large HD) use the program Vob2Audio and open the list file (*.lst file that SmartRipper creates) in the source area. Select the english audio track you desire (English should be the first one, though there may be multiple types, 2 Channel Stereo, 5.1 Dolby etc) and select an output file name either in .wav or .mp3. If all goes well, which I'll be honest rarely does, you should have a lovely .wav or .mp3 from the dvd.

I suggest having lots of time if you plan on doing this, things rarely work out right, and you may have to use tools other than these. This should be fine to post, it is not illegal to do this as long as the DVD is not copyrighted. What you do with the information is your business.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Lemme guess, this is for LIT... :lol:

Get 'DvD Audio Ripper', worked for me :D

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Where did you get the audio ripper you have? And what's the exact name of it?

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

ImTOO DvD Audio Ripper

If you can't find the serial for it, PM me

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Well...I couldn't get it to work. I could have sworn I have a DVD thing on my computer but I guess not because it's not showing up in the audio ripper.

Sooo...If anyone is bored one day and for some odd reason want to send me the songs on DVD but not on the CD...feel free to PM me. :whistle: ;)

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Oh, same here too..... B)

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Oh, same here too..... B) [/b][/quote]
    I'm also opened to this :D . I might have some things to trade...