Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Cal, Nov 30, 2003.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i have a kinda problem/question, i think the 'spamming' is getting out of control, have the threads in chit chat are really dumb, eg the A-Z thread, people are just flooding these threads to get there post counts up, do any of the other members, or staff agree with me

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I look at it this way: At least the forums are staying active.

It bothers me to have 2 people taking up full pages on a thread, and occasionally I tell them to quit flooding, but otherwise it doesn't matter to me because the forums are staying healthy and active. But if 2 people feel like chatting in random thoughts, then do it on MSN or AIM instead of turning the thread into this huge conversation. :lol:

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We'll look into it, if we notice people just spamming thier post count up we'll approach them about it. However, if it's as bad as you say I'm sure one of the mods may be aware of it already.

Thank you for your concern.

*EDIT* Mark already replied, sorry. :blush:

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I post a lot, obviously, but I don't do it to raise my post count. It may seem like it, but I'm not. I don't really think it's a problem. I just like to post and keep the LPA active. :mellow:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I don't see you as a flooder anyways. :)

It's just that other people get way out of hand. :lol:

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I wouldn't be concerned about it. Chris was probably the only one I have seen that was really over posting, but he was told to stop and he did. (No offense on Chris.)

Cal

well one of my good friends here has a problem with it too, he was talking to me about it, and i dont wanna see him go, he is thinking about leaving, i wont say his name, i'll let him post here if he wants

Andrea

No offense but why would your friend leave just because someone is posting a lot? That doesn't make sense to me.

Cal

No offense but why would your friend leave just because someone is posting a lot? That doesn't make sense to me. [/b][/quote]
    he finds it stupid people post just to raise there post count, its not about post count, its about how long you've been a member, and how dedicated and how much effort you've put into helping the site, i woudnt say spamming was much of a help, these people could talk in other forums, instead of wasting there time putting there post count up

Andrea

he finds it stupid people post just to raise there post count, its not about post count, its about how long you've been a member, and how dedicated and how much effort you've put into helping the site, i woudnt say spamming was much of a help, these people could talk in other forums, instead of wasting there time putting there post count up [/b][/quote]
    I do agree with you but that doesn't mean your friend should leave because of spamming. The LPA doesn't need anymore members to leave.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I've noticed that sometimes people do keep posting in those threads like A-Z and just keep going and going. I admit, I did that in the first day I came here. Now I just got lazy and post only when I have something to say. It is a problem but they do keep LPA active. Just don't let it go overboard ya know. :p

Bryan

Bryan Guest

he finds it stupid people post just to raise there post count, its not about post count, its about how long you've been a member, and how dedicated and how much effort you've put into helping the site, i woudnt say spamming was much of a help, these people could talk in other forums, instead of wasting there time putting there post count up [/b][/quote]
    If post count doesn't matter then why is the fact that people have high post counts bother him so much that he wants to leave?

If he believes being here a long time and staying dedicated is what truely matters...then believe that.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

OK... I think the reason that there aren't many threads to just discuss things in is because of how diverse the forums have been set up. We want it to be easy to navigate the forums to find topics, that way you don't have to search for an hour just to post a topic about a video game. If your friend wants to leave because people are supposedly "spamming," that's his choice. But that's not what's happening. It's the fact that people just aren't making enough threads to actually discuss topics that makes it seem like the threads in Chit Chat are pointless. :)

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

The unwritten rules of forums say that the more posts, the more experienced you are. Spamming is cheating. I've seen people post like 12 times in a row in "What song are you listening to". It's that stuff that needs to stop. If you are going to use chit-chat, use it responsibly ;)

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I agree. At first, I used to post very much in Chit-Chat but now I kinda slowed down. Anyway, it's all about keeping the forum alive :D .

Hybrid Soldier

Hybrid Soldier Y2K

yes, this board is so organized. :)