Goodbye.

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Terry, Nov 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

Hey LPA. I just wanted to share this...speech, I guess you could say, with you guys. I've had an awesome time here at LPA, making new friends, discovering forums and everything, but with the recent events, this just seems like everything went downhill. I'll be truthful, I have had some serious problems with some of the staff. 6 members in total have left so far: Jonny (well, kind of), Marc, Elie, Rinkin and Alexis! I really suggest that some of the staff start acting a little less rude/superior/ and whatnot to everyone. Now, I'm not trying to tell you guys what to do, but really, you lost some fantastic members already. Would you like to lose any more?

I'm taking my leave, too. Ciao, LPA.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sorry you feel the need to leave.

But we do our jobs the best that we can do. If we act like fruits and be polite to someone when they break a rule, they'll just do it again. If we don't put our foot down and show them that what they've done is wrong, they'll keep doing and they'll keep doing it, and we won't be able to control it. The majority of us have been trying to act less strict, but with more members signing up and breaking rules, it's way too hard.

One thing I don't understand, though, is why we get yelled at for being strict when the EvBoard (Evanescence's unofficial forums) is hundreds of times stricter than we are, yet they get twice as many new members as us in a day.

What's worse is that you people don't speak up to evaluate us until you quit the site. That's horrible. If you wait until you leave to tell us we suck, why bother telling us we suck if you're not going to be back to see if we've changed? Jonny broke rules and was banned. He doesn't count. Elie ASKED to be banned, and he was on the verge of being banned anyway with his attitude. He doesn't count. I have no idea who Marc is and Rinkin almost never posted anyway. That only leaves you and Alexis.

If you people want us to change, don't wait until you quit the damn site to tell us we're doing a bad job. It makes no sense to do that.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I don't know why you guys believe we are so strict, the only time we ever come off that way is when warning a member who blatantly broke the rules. Isn't that the job of a moderator/admin? Shouldn't a moderator let the rule-breaker know that his bad behavior is not tolerated on these forums?

I don't know what to do to make you guys like us more! We're only trying to do our jobs, cant you haters realize that? Remember we're all under 18 except Alex (and maybe Todd) we're still learning and not near perfect.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Yea. We're only kids...leave us alone. :'(

Just kidding. I'm sorry to see you go though. Hopefully you'll come back someday.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I was originally going to post a long, long letter, but seeing how the Admins told me to be nice, and my letter was a bit thruth-hitting and harsh, and to respect the Admins, I won't post it.

I'll just speak about the intro.

To you, the members... You have no idea how hard it is to be on the staff... There is so much you guys don't see, and when it seems like we've failed, it's really like "Damn, what did we do now?" Whenever a 'goodbye' thread or a member just leaves, we do wonder why. It's not as if we go "Aww, another one gone, that's okay." We actually care what happens. The strict rule, we cannot control. All of us weren't brought up the same way, to follow rules the same way, or whatever, and I have to accept that. But the sad part about all of this is that I've seen no help from a member in helping us improve. It's just as if they complain, and then give us some off-the-shoulder answer, and it's really like... "Wha?" I'm not going to waste a lot of time on this anymore. I've written a long letter already and I'm drained from it, so you know what? Take care Terry, it was nice for the time being, but I guess you just have to move on. To anyone else that leaves, it's been good having you here, and hope you return every once and awhile so we know you're not dead :)lol:).

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

The reason we can be so mean when warning someone is because they deserve it ;)

If they're blatantly breaking rules after being warned before, being mean may be neccesary, especially after telling them not to do it 2 or 3 times

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

See ya.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Bye Terry. Sorry you have to go :'(

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

:'( Don't leave Terry. :'(

Well, if you must leave, I'll miss you.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

NOOOOOOO! TERRY!!! Shes one of the few that actually thought I was funny....

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

The staff are never rude or mean to any of us unless we deserve it. And when they are warning someone, they usually aren't being rude or mean anyways. Sure they can be strict at sometimes, but you try controlling 1000+ people everyday, and about 100 of them doing #### just to be annoying, everyday, and see how you handle it. I think you should reconsider this because I can guarantee that the staff hasn't been the problem of these people leaving. If members are so tired of being warned, then they should just stop what they are doing to get warned. And if they get warned over an opinion, then maybe that person should talk it over w/ the staff and get it changed, instead of making a "#### all the staff" thread, or I remember one that said "#### you Mark, Derek, & Will". Is that really gonna help? No. Is that gonna get you banned? Probably. Is that gonna piss you off. I guarantee it. I'm not saying the staff is perfect. But you know what they, they are trying there best. And if you think you can do it better, you start a website, get members like we've had in the past, and you try to keep them under control. IMO (I just learned what that means, thanks Keaton :p ), you are making a gigantic mistake. I love this site, and it's fun to be at talk and make friends. If you are leaving cause of others mistakes, then thats ignorant. But hey, do whatever makes you happy.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I'd like to know what led to the goodbye. We weren't mean to her, and the people we've ever warned were told strictly but not harshly. I'd at leats like to know the circumstance which made her leave. No one understands what goes on behind the scenes and how much effort we're putting into new things which are upcoming. No one understands the stress. Before you quit, you should at least know people get annoyed and that we try.

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

I think she left because her friends here were banned and she didn't believe they were banned under the right circumstances.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

I think she left because her friends here were banned and she didn't believe they were banned under the right circumstances. [/b][/quote]
    Ditto.

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

Not to be offensive at all, but some of you guys need to remember that we're people too and we're not perfect, we makes mistakes. But, we're also very leniant, we let quite a few members back after being banned b/c we knew that they were good people.

If you visit Elie's site, he's totally trashing us, which shows how immature people can be. We've never trashed his site, or himself for that matter.

Members will come and go, but we'll always be here welcoming the new and the old.

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

Poor ol' Terry. Maybe she'll come back.

I have to agree with her on some things. I do not mean to offend any of the staff on the forums as I know you are doing your job, but she's right, this place has sort of gone downhill. I know you guys put countless amounts of effort into this site, trying to make it better for the fans, but hen I first signed up there rarely any ban's on the forums, but before my mom band me from this site, I must have seen at least 5 bans a week. I don't know if it was a sudden rush of morons to the site or the rules were being forced harder but I did notice it.

I'm going with 'Results.May.Vary' on this one. All of her friends were banned.

Whatever it was that led to her decision, we'll miss you, Terry.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Why don't you people visit my site, and give me ONE quote from where i've actually trashed the 'site'. I didn't think so. Actually, ever since I left LPA I made an earnest effort to not let any hate towards LPA grow.

But my site is open to anyone's opinion, and as long as it doesn't end in "I HATE LPA, LPA SUCKS, ETC. ETC." then I let it go.

Omar, as of your comment, I no longer have any respect for you because of how you enjoy to jump to your little conclusions on your high chair. Why should I make an effort to quiet my members about something they don't like, when all your gonna say is "Elie trashes us".

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

we'll miss you terry :'(

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Why don't you people visit my site, and give me ONE quote from where i've actually trashed the 'site'. I didn't think so. Actually, ever since I left LPA I made an earnest effort to not let any hate towards LPA grow.

But my site is open to anyone's opinion, and as long as it doesn't end in "I HATE LPA, LPA SUCKS, ETC. ETC." then I let it go.

Omar, as of your comment, I no longer have any respect for you because of how you enjoy to jump to your little conclusions on your high chair. Why should I make an effort to quiet my members about something they don't like, when all your gonna say is "Elie trashes us". [/b][/quote]
    This thread is getting out of hand, and I can tell you right now by reading the last few posts in this thread, that things are going to get ugly one way or another, before this is all said and done.

Elie, you've spoken your words towards Omar now please just let it be. We apologized in a thread in Announcements about our behavior towards the members, and it's even been made a sticky so members will be able to find it easily. I suggest people who feel the same way as Elie does towards us to please read our apology and accept us for who we are as we have all made mistakes in the past.

It is because of our care for the members, that we are going to attempt to be nicer to everyone here at LPA. While we change, we request full cooperation from not only you Elie, but every other person who may have a problem with certain members of the staff. I know you dont like LPA, as you've said it publicly before on these forums, but please for the sake of peace, just let it be.

Nothing good ever came from having disagreements, only horrible wars and world hate.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

You're right Derek.

I appreciate Will's apology and think that's bold of him. But in all honesty, I just came back because someone linked me to this very thread. When I read it, I was outraged. I took the time to stop any hate talk towards LPA coming from other people, only to have the site owner talk down to me?

BTW, public apologies are nice and all, but they really mean nothing. I understand more than anyone that you all are human and are inclined to make mistakes while moderating and administrating. Trust me, i've ran a site longer than most anyone on here (EEF has been around almost 3 some years now), and I've defintely made mistakes. The most strongest action I can think of isn't some public apology, it's just slowly coming to terms with what's important, the members. As Will properly said, you guys would apologize, be good for a couple days, then go back to it. A gradual change is reccommended.

BTW, the people that state what is 'wrong' with the site as they leave are doing so because their opinions weren't heard properly in the first place. If they make a thread about the way things are, it's closed, or some other actions are made. Jawknee for example, although I can't speak for him, made posts in his blog because

1) He couldn't approach staff
    2) His threads were closed

But enough about Jawknee, I hope I myself didn't come off too obscene, I hope not. I want this to end as much as you guys do. I strongly reccommend NOT closing this thread, and let people solve it. But your jobs, your site, do as you wish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.