Wes Borland / Evanscence news

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Cal, Nov 14, 2003.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

A few days ago, after 2 years of searching for a vocalist, ex limpbizkit guitarist has put his Eat The Day project on the shelf, and is moving on to helping other bands, and producing on their albums

Borland said he is also in talks with Evanescence about producing some tracks for their next LP. "I would like to give it some of that old-world vibe so it sounds like a band of gypsies," Borland said. "I want to give more depth and richness to the guitars, but at the same time make them not as processed and more organic."

Lohner and Borland have also been asked to produce a few tracks on the upcoming Trust Company album

this is good news for Evan/Trust fans, wes borland is a kickass guitarist!

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

WES WITH EVANESCENCE?
    w00t, i can imagine Wes jamming and Amy singing like in Opera :lol:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That doesn't mean he's joining the band..

Cal

hes producing songs, but he said recently he would be interested in joining another band, and since evanescence recently lost their guitarist, it could happen, but i dont think thats wes's style of music

Will

hes producing songs, but he said recently he would be interested in joining another band, and since evanescence recently lost their guitarist, it could happen, but i dont think thats wes's style of music [/b][/quote]
    Ben didn't leave Evanescence.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Very interesting mix.. I'd love to hear what Wes can do.

intheend1004

intheend1004 Well-Known Member

From what I heard, Ben was acting like an ass and said goodbye to the band and went lounging at his Little Rock home. I think if Ben would stop being an ass and start being the awesome guitarist he was and team up with Wes and Amy and all the rest of Evanescence they would make an awesome band. Just some of my thoughts...

Ppr:Kut

Ppr:Kut Y2K

awwww poor Wes he's gonna work with Amy... how disgusting......

Phantom Duck

:lol:
    Most people would say the opposite. But i agree :p

Cal

wes has some balls tho, saying linkin park suck, quitting limpbizkit cuz he no longer is into thatmusic, then goes to help Trustco and Evanescence =/

Phantom Duck

That's called commercial.

(Durst, get your a$$ online now :lol:)

ProjektXero

ProjektXero Well-Known Member

Ben didn't leave Evanescence.
    [/quote]
    Well they had some long haired guy playing guitar tonight at the AMA's. So that doesnt look too promising for Evanescence.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Well they had some long haired guy playing guitar tonight at the AMA's. So that doesnt look too promising for Evanescence. [/b][/quote]
    That's because Ben is not with the band at the moment. If you read any article talking about the situation, it's said they have fill-ins for his parts. For the remaining dates, the second guitarist (who's name I can't remember right now) were playing Ben's parts. Since this was world-wide, to have the overall sound, I'm sure they had a fill-in so that there was the correct sound.

---

More on topic: It'd be interesting hearing Wes do something with Evanescence... It'd be awesome to see their ideas fuse at least for one song :).

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Well they had some long haired guy playing guitar tonight at the AMA's. So that doesnt look too promising for Evanescence.
    [/quote]
    Does anyone know who this new temporary guy is? :D .

ProjektXero

ProjektXero Well-Known Member

Keaton, I know that he has been gone from the band. I was just saying that if they have a replacement on a big nationally broadcast show that is doesnt look to good for him to be coming back soon.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Now that the AMAs are beginning, I saw Amy Lee with Seether's vocalist dude, sadly the AMAs hasn't started yet, but I'm assuming the long-haired dude is the lead singer of Seether.

Edit: Okay, it's not Seether's front man. I bet it was at request of the band or something to not show his faceclose up or for a few more seconds... I can't tell if it's someone from another band or not... :mellow:.

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

John LeCompt. :)

Will

The new guitarist looks like the lead signer of Shadows Fall. His dreads are really, really long. This guy's dreads were really, really long. They never showed his face, so I could never tell.

Edit: I just read on the EvBoard that it's possibly Cold's lead guitarist. I'm not sure right now. When I have concrete proof on everything that's happened, I'll make a post for you guys. :)

Edit 2: A fan of Cold posts on the EvBoard - there are several Cold fans, actually, but that's not the point - and s/he said that it was indeed Terry, Cold's lead guitarist filling in for Ben at the AMAs. He did a spectacular job, in my opinion. I'm not sure if Cold is on hiatus at the moment so that Terry can play for Ben, but, as I said in my previous edit, when I know everything, I will make an official post in this forum about the entire situation. Right now, it looks as though Ben is officially gone from Evanescence.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yeah, it was Terry. Toby, the manager of the Cold Street Team, posted on the official forums giving everyone the heads up on the performance.

Phantom Duck

Yeah, it was Terry. Toby, the manager of the Cold Street Team, posted on the official forums giving everyone the heads up on the performance. [/b][/quote]
    Terry in Eva?
    Wow, i thought he couldn't play in such a band, after Cold. His performance in year of the spider is amazing, as if he's made for that band.