Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Mcnasty, Nov 5, 2003.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I skipped school today and went to see Matrix Revolutions on the big IMAX screen :D I have to say I didnt suck, it was AMAZING. It was way better than the second one. I still cant beleave how good it was even though the end is kind of ify but IT WORKS :D I cant wait to buy the Matrix Trilogy on DVD and watch them all. If anybody here has seen it let me know what you think of the movie and dont spoil anything for people that havnt seen it.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Just got back from seeing it. Wow, don't know what to say. It was a great ending, but the 1st one is still the best. As for comparing the 2nd and 3rd, I dunno. I see them as different movies. The second one had much more action, the third one answered a lot of loose ends. The ending? Well, I would not be surprised if there's another matrix movie (or 10) coming our way. All in all, great movie, not as good as the 1st but I don't think that's possible.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

IT.WAS.AMAZING!

Just got back, and I'm speechless. My friend and I were walking out of the movie going "holy sh*t!", with grins up to our ears. The ending = brilliant, the action = amazing, the CGI was the best I've ever seen. The way they tied up almost all lose ends (;)) and helped viewers understand more about the philosophy of the Matrix was ingenious. numerous fight scenes, guns, blood, amazing acting, and an amazing storyline all compile together to become quite possibly the greatest movie I've ever seen. Tied with Matrix #1.

10/10, Perfect Movie.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Guys...

The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions are all one movie. The Matrix 2 is going to be an entirely different movie.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Ummm I dont think theyre planning to do another Matrix again. Matrix is supposed to be one movie, Reloaded and Revolutions are supposed to be one, so thats technically 2 movies.

Will

Ummm I dont think theyre planning to do another Matrix again. Matrix is supposed to be one movie, Reloaded and Revolutions are supposed to be one, so thats technically 2 movies. [/b][/quote]
    No.

The Matrix, Reloaded, and Revolutions are all one movie. The Matrix 2 is supposed to be a separate movie that's coming out in a few years.

The Doctor

No.

The Matrix, Reloaded, and Revolutions are all one movie. The Matrix 2 is supposed to be a separate movie that's coming out in a few years. [/b][/quote]
    I really dont think so because I always look for Matrix stuff and I never heard of that before.....

Will

I really dont think so because I always look for Matrix stuff and I never heard of that before..... [/b][/quote]
    Trust me. I read about it on the internet a few months back.

Plus, I have a friend who's a complete Matrix-freak. He knows everything there is to know and is always up to date on all things Matrix, and he knows for a fact that what I just said is true. :)

The Doctor

Trust me. I read about it on the internet a few months back.

Plus, I have a friend who's a complete Matrix-freak. He knows everything there is to know and is always up to date on all things Matrix, and he knows for a fact that what I just said is true. :) [/b][/quote]
    Hmmm...interesting.....*runs away and searches for information*

Mark

I haven't heard of that, :lol:

MatrixFans.net would have info on it, but they don't. Basically there's 3 movies in the trilogy, so people instinctively call them #1, #2 and #3.

Will

I haven't heard of that, :lol:

MatrixFans.net would have info on it, but they don't. Basically there's 3 movies in the trilogy, so people instinctively call them #1, #2 and #3. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah.

But it's part one, part two, and part three.

The Matrix 2 is going to be the true sequel.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Yeah.

But it's part one, part two, and part three.

The Matrix 2 is going to be the true sequel. [/b][/quote]
    Will I understand what your saying but I dont think any of it is true. Iv seen interviews of the Matrix directors/writers and they both said that after Revolutions there never making another Matrix movie again. Matrix is its own movie and Reloaded and Revolutions are each one movie. All three movies arnt one BIG movie even though Reloaded leads into Revolutions. Thats like saying Back to the Future is one big movie even though its a Trilogy or saying all 6 Star Wars movies are one big movie. Me and my friends are obsesed with the Matrix and we've never heard or read that Matrix, Reloaded and Revolutions are one big movie and even though Revolutions could lead in to another Matrix movie, I think that would be very stupid and as I said before the two brothers who made the movie already said they would never make another one after this one. You could be right though but there is no way in hell I would beleave that inless I saw those words coming out of one of the directors mouths.

[EDIT] I would convince me if you had some proof on this though.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

:lol: this is funny. you guys are lost :p
    The Matrix - 1 individual movie
    The Matrix Reloaded - was supposed to be one big movie along with The Matrix Revolutions, but it would run well over 4 hours if they to get the loose ends tied up. So, they split the one movie into two parts (reloaded and revolutions), creating the perfect cliffhanger (one movie ends right where the next movie begins). :)

RiverJudeAlexander

RiverJudeAlexander Ambient

it was good.

The Doctor

I already said that......

and I think Mcnasty's right. I never once heard of anything about a "sequel"

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

That is correct. I do agree with Will however that there will be another Matrix movie. If you look at the ending with the whole oracle/architect scene where "Just how long do you think this peace is going to last?" thing, you cannot tell me that is not a fool-proof line into another movie. Perhaps there will not be, and I'm not sure thats a bad thing, but my bets are on the table for another movie.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

I saw it last night... and I think it was horrible. Way too much Star Wars rip off CGI. Too little Matrix fighting action. I didn't like it at all :(. They could have made a much better 3rd movie and explain everything. I think that because they made Reloaded and Revolutions at the same time, they got tired and just half-assed it. The movie was too overworked and looked too fake. The only cool parts were the part with the dudes running on the ceiling and the part where he punches Smith through the rain. I wanted to see a crazy ending, instead I got 45 mins of Star Wars junk :argh:

Mark

If you had listened you would've noticed that they tie up alot of loose ends. They only left one big one open, and that could lead into another movie. I can see that you don't like Star Wars very much, but the robots and the way they controlled them was very cool and very well done. I haven't seen 250,000 swarming machines going in every direction in any movies before, and it was incredibly well made. It was totally original.

Star Wars has lasers, space and ships, Matrix has bullets, those robots they were controlling, flying machines and it lookeed way better than anything you can compare Star Wars to. :lol: Evaluate the movie on what it is, don't compare it.

Will

Hm.

I had a lot on my mind last night, so when I was posting, I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Yeah, The Matrix is one movie and The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions are another movie. But, I still read about there being a "Matrix 2" that is the true sequel. The Matrix is part one and The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions is part two. If I wasn't lazy, I'd try to find the article. Or I'd just have my friend come here, but he doesn't have a computer.

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Yes I guess there might be a Matrix 2 becouse the Oracle did say to the little gurl that this wouldnt be the last time we see Neo and we all know shes always right and knows every thing and the other guy, the Architect did ask the question how long will this "peace" really last. So I guess there could be Matrix 2 with Neo coming back and a war starting up with the machines and humnas but I still saw the to writers/directors of the movie say they would never make another Matrix movie again but I guess another Director could make a spin off. AND STAR WARS IS KOOL AND I LOVE IT :D