Your favorite underrated band.

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Will, Oct 27, 2003.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

We all know that there are thousands of underrated bands out there, but I want to know what your favorite underrated band is. You can name more than one, though, if you want to.

My favorite underrated band would most-definitely have to be 30 Seconds To Mars. From the minute I heard their first single, "Capricorn," I was hooked. The sound is very sonic and atmospheric. They're not like any other band out there right now. You can check out their web site here.

The songs I'd recommend are "Capricorn," "Fallen," "Oblivion," "Edge Of The Earth," "Buddha For Mary," and "End Of The Beginning." They'll be releasing their sophomore album next fall, after Jared finishes with his next movie.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Unloco, Injected and Ill Niño (theyre just starting to get airplay here, and its still very little)

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Ill Nino
    Vendetta Red
    The Blank Theory

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Spineshank (very underrated in the UK)

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was gonna say Spineshank too. Great band. The lead singer has incredible control on his voice and the lyrics are the best I've heard in a LONG time. Plus, at any moment in the song, everything down to the drums, rhythm, vocals, etc. in the song match the tone of the lyrics perfectly. Good stuff, here. ^_^

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I don't know if alot of people know of them..I haven't heard too many of their songs around and I just found out about them myself but...Sugarcult.
    Their music is awesome and I really like their songs....I can't really explain it but...yeah.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

Not sure if these are underrated bands, but all my friends don't know them and I just love each of them.

Flaw
    Mememto
    Chimaira
    In Flames
    Killswitch Engage

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Dream Theater, of course, but I'll talk to you about another one :)

Probably the most underrated band with a sound that is very close to many mainstream rock is Dredg. Amazing band. They mix punk/emo stylings with Tool-esque prog metal moments, sections reminiscent of their jazz background, thrash metal, and mellow parts. You need to check them out. My favourites of theirs are 'Of The Room', 'Lechium', 'Yatahaze', 'Penguins in the Desert', and 'Sanzen'.

They have two albums out: "Leitmotif" and "El Cielo".

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Well, there's a lot of bands I like that are underrated, but there's one I'm really into. I don't know if they're considered underrated or not, but nonetheless :lol:.

Living in Question is a band from Hawaii and they haven't made any play in the mainland yet :p. I think they're going to begin touring in the mainland with Authority Zero soon and they sound amazing live. Their album out now is not sold anywhere but Hawaii :)P) but their music has been featured in shows like The Real World and Road Rules: South Pacific. Crap-shows, I know, but only two (rock) bands from Hawaii have made it anywhere close to mainland notice, that's Living in Question and Pepper. Pepper, you might know if you're a skater. Pepper were on the Vans Warped Tour (I think of 2003) and they've got a lot of attention then. But anyways, Living in Question's album is in bad quality and the sound is all right, but I saw this band open for Evanescence when they came here and they are absolutely amazing live.

Hopefully the mainland gets a taste of LiQ :lol:. You can listen to some demo tracks and a few seconds of each track of their debut CD on their website livinginquestion.com. Yes, I do have their CD, and it was very hard to track down because Hawaii people just love this band :lol:. I could illigally send you a sample if you wish :chemist:. Only one, though.

If you wanna' check out Pepper (whom I only care for a bit), you can check their website here.

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

Finch and Allister.

Mew. For some reason, not a lot of people have heard of them. They're Scandinavian, FYI.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

Pretty much every band I listen to :p . No good music at all (other then LP, Evanescence and sometimes a bit of other stuff...) is played here. Not many people have even heard of the bands.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

CKY - Never hear much about them
    HIM - Not much about them either
    Covenant - They have a good song called "Mirrors Paradise"

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Spineshank, Finger Eleven, Flaw

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Ill Nino
    Stutterfly
    Pulse Ultra
    Boy Sets Fire

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

haha

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Finger Eleven
    Three Days Grace
    Spineshank
    Dry Cell
    30 Seconds To Mars

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

hells f'n yea ill nino!!

PauletteEMLPGC

PauletteEMLPGC Super Member LPA Super Member

Coheed and Cambria - Different from everything else I have heard. Claudio, the lead singer, has an incredible voice.
    Dredg is incredible as someone else already mentioned. I thought people already knew about them.

BroknSolace

BroknSolace Well-Known Member

Yay for spineshank!! they are awesome!!! i think you are totally correct Missy, their lyrics are freakin awesome...everyone should come in contact with some of thier stuff sooner or later.