Information About The New Dvd...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by whitewitcHarmony, Oct 17, 2002.

whitewitcHarmony

whitewitcHarmony Active Member

Reanimation 5.1 DVD-AUDIO In stores NOW!

This is the DVD-AUDIO of the REANIMATION songs, remixed to a 5.1 Surround Sound and remastered for an amazing sound quality. It has also been enhanced with extra videos. Included are the videos for "Pts.Of.Athrty," "Frgt/10" and "Kyur4 Th Ich," and a "Making Of The 'Pts.Of.Athrty' Animated Video" feature. Be sure to check this out in stores tomorrow.

What is DVD Audio?

- DVD-Audio is a new format that lets you listen to Audio in the best possible sound quality, much like the sound in a movie theater where you can hear sound coming from all around you. This format offers a major advance in audio performance by providing the listener with Advanced Resolution stereo (2 channels) and/or multi-channel (surround sound up to 6 channels) music. Not only that, the REANIMATION DVD-Audio offers visual extras including 3 Reanimation videos, and the making of the Pts.Of.Athrty Animated video.

What is the difference between the sound quality of the regular Reanimation CD and the Reanimation DVD-Audio?

- DVD-Audio can provide dramatically higher quality stereo than CD. Unlike a CD, DVD-Audio has the ability to offer Advanced Resolution multi-channel sound. This means that the sounds you hear on DVD-Audio are much closer to the master recording LP and the Reanimators produced in the studio.

What equipment do I need to play DVD Audio?

All you need to play the DVD-Audio format is a DVD player, a Playstation II, or an X-Box with a DVD add-on. To appreciate the full sound quality of DVD-Audio, play it in a home theater system hooked up with a digital cable to a DVD AUDIO or VIDEO player.

For more information about DVD Audio, please visit
    www.dvdaudiopreview.com

:huh:

Last edited by whitewitcHarmony at Oct 17 2002, 10:56 AM

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

did anyone here even get it?? if so, how is it? i'm still not sure if i want to get it cuz just yet...

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I have my xbox (with the dvd adapter) audio output hooked into my stereo's AUX input, the exact same stereo I use to play the Reanimation audio CD with. So I assume there's no real need to buy this since it would be the same sound quality?

whitewitcHarmony

whitewitcHarmony Active Member

well i havent got it and i wont be getting it either. :blink:

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

It's the first thing LP put out, that's not worth it...if they had told me this before I wud have dl the album, and bought this instead...maybe I'll rent it and burn it :lol:

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

i still dont understand this dvd and what it is about :lol:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

amy : basically, they remastered the tracks to the best quality ever, split into different channels for a sound system, in this case dolby surround sound 5.1. i think that's what it means. it's just a cd that goes in your dvd player, along with some extras.

CinnamonSpider

CinnamonSpider Well-Known Member

dude! it's really well worth it, the sorrounding blew me away (w00t)
    the extra videos are awesome, i liked 'Kyur4 Th Ich' see, now LP knows the true elements of hip-hop, those B-boys were off the hook!
    although i do think Hahn should have joined them <_<
    i'm truely satisfied :D

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Right I'm off to Manchester then.... :rolleyes:

You might be able to get the vids on your comp too...I might try that hmmmmm... but I gotta wait till next week dammit! (Bleh to lack of the English pounds) <_<

I've looked like everywhere for it! Sam goody, best buy, local music places, walmart, k-mart, everywhere!!!!

Magick

Magick Ambient

Order it online, then.

But if you're a part of LPU, which I think you are, you'll get it for free.

lpmusic

lpmusic Guest

i havent gotten it yet