WTF?!

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by LinkinTheory, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

What the #### is up with this? Dance? Sure they have a DJ, but DANCE! What the ####? What the ####-ing ####?

Steph

Steph Ambient

riiiiiiight.....uh....uh....
    LP ROCKS \m/ !!!!!!
    :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

OMFG, that's messed up. They should totally change that. When I saw DJ artist, I was thinking of Joe, but "Dance and DJ Artist LINKIN PARK"?!?! :angry: They should get their info right, not just put random stuff.

DANCE?!! Whoever typed that probably had a bit too much to drink... :D

Alex

Alex Ambient

Glad to see someone chillin out with the swear filter in his last few posts ^_^ :teehee:

Oh well, wrong genre, im sure the world will go on

elie

elie Well-Known Member

OMFG fklhsadfkl;jhash324;!!!!!!!!!!! NO !@#!@# way !! I think!!! OMG i'm boykottttting the burnes & nibbles!!

Seriously, it's ok. I think we'll all be able to pull together, and get through this. This is truly an undesirable act, and we must punish those employees for their incompetence. Actually, wait....*counts to three*...yup, i'm over it. Actually, i'm soaring over it.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Was a topic like this necessary?

OMFG, I found Hybrid Theory in the Country section today at my local music store! The world is over!

Sh*t happens. :)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

No one can classify LP. If I was to classify them, I'd put them in hard rock or metal.

I find them in the pop sections of stores sometimes, just like Evanescence's music.

People think that just because a band sings a certain way, it's pop. It's like they don't hear the gigantic riffs in the background or something.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

LOL. Back in the day when not many people knew about LP, I used to go into stores like Sam Goody and such, take the Hybrid Theory CD's, throw one or two on the ground (because it's more noticable on the ground then on the shelf).

Then i'd take some more and put them in the top selling area (probably in the 2nd or 3rd most selling slots). Those were the days...now LP get's to those spots by themselves, without Elie's help... :(

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Yeah i definitely got mad at a record store cause one time i was lookin for LP and they had it under the pop section. SO me with all my rage, grabbed every HT cd (this was before Reanimation came out), walked up to the register, slammed the cd's down and asked why they were there. The OWNER of the store said "because theyre played on the radio a lot" in this really smartassy tone, so I flipped out and put them into the rock section myself when no one looked. When I was walking out i said "You know, if you want to sell cd's, you should try not being a dumbass and put them in their right section. LP is to this day, still in the rock section and the owner fears me.

Its fun to be an @$$hole.

elie

elie Well-Known Member

DJ_Nate, you're leet. You pwn3d that store. 1337 style, *throws up gang sign*.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

You're immature. Very immature. Whining like a little baby because they're in the pop section. Big Freaking Deal! You're acting like its the end of the world because they put them in the pop section. No, LP isn't pop, but who cares where the CD is? They could put it in country and I still wouldn't give a ####.

And if you ever came into the Target I worked at and moved around CDs and yelled at me or any of my co-workers, I'd have security kick your ass out.

The Doctor

You're immature. Very immature. Whining like a little baby because they're in the pop section. Big Freaking Deal! You're acting like its the end of the world because they put them in the pop section. No, LP isn't pop, but who cares where the CD is? They could put it in country and I still wouldn't give a ####.

And if you ever came into the Target I worked at and moved around CDs and yelled at me or any of my co-workers, I'd have security kick your ass out. [/b][/quote]
    Well considering the guy was being an ass to me i decided to act the way back. All I said was "How come Linkin Park is in the pop section? Shouldnt it be in the rock section?" And the guy gets all "holier than thou" on me, so it pissed me off. Kinda went downhill from there :/

elie

elie Well-Known Member

Well considering the guy was being an ass to me i decided to act the way back. All I said was "How come Linkin Park is in the pop section? Shouldnt it be in the rock section?" And the guy gets all "holier than thou" on me, so it pissed me off. Kinda went downhill from there :/ [/b][/quote]
    If I owned that store, i'd just shrug my shoulders at you. There are over 1,000's of other artists in that store, and you came up to him telling him, "I found a grape in the apple area!"

If you step back and think about it, it was quite unnessecary what you did, when you could have just left, moved the CD yourself, or did something else.

The Doctor

I know....i was having a bad day and that guy didnt help my mood at the time.

Todd

The guy working there probably had an attitude because you were throwing a fit over an artist being placed in the wrong section.

Besides, you don't know if LP was meant to be in the pop section, they could have been placed there as an innocent mistake by a store clerk who has no interest in rock and pop and only listens to, say, country.

The Doctor

Ok ill try to remember the actual conversation here.

Me: (with HT cd's in hand, and since i try to be nice, i asked nicely) How come Linkin Park is in the pop section? shouldnt they be in the rock section?

Owner (acting very smartassy): Well Linkin Park gets played a lot on the radio with Nsync and all of those bands, so we put them there.

Me: But Linkin Park is anything but pop. They have no comparison to Nsync.

Owner: Well maybe when you own your own record store you can do whatever you want with Linkin Park, but until then, where I say they go, they go.

Me: Well what if someone comes in looking for a rock band, and cant find them because they arent in the right section?

Owner: They have mouths, they can ask.

Me: Well why not just put them in the section they SHOULD be in instead of putting them somewhere based on your opinion?

Owner: Because I own this store and if you dont like it, you can leave.

Me: (at this point, furious but tried to stay calm) You know, if you wanna sell cd's, you should try putting them in the right place

So I walked away into a corner of the store and looked at shirts to try to calm down. The guy walked into the back room, I took the LP cd's and tag that showed where they are, and moved it. As I was walking out of the store I heard the owner mutter something like "dumb kid," so i flipped him off, said "bye dipsh*t," and walked out.

Todd

You shouldn't have bitched in the first place. They're in the pop section, no big deal.

To save you from further embarassment and since this topic has no real purpose except people complaining, *lock*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.