Drowning Pool is back!

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jul 30, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

As reported by Blabbermouth and discussed on a number of posts on the band’s official message board, Drowning Pool had played their first show with new singer Jason Jones. The event took place last Thursday evening, July 17th, at the Curtain Club in Dallas, TX. Contrary to some online reports, it is not official that Jason Jones is the permanent replacement for the late Dave Williams. The band had made it known that this was a continuation of the audition process to see how the singer would do in a live performance. Attendees at the show said the band played new material from their forthcoming sophomore Wind-up Records release, which is tentatively set for an early 2004 outing.

An official announcement of a new singer has yet to be made by the band and Wind-up Records.

Dave Williams died suddenly on August 14th last year while on tour with Ozzfest of cardiomyopathy, a disease of the heart muscle that prevents blood flow from the left ventricle to the right. Williams was never diagnosed with the disease. The coroner report showed no signs of cocaine in his system, which was the initial speculation of cause of death.

I wonder how the band sounds now....

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

SAWEEEEETA!

I can't wait to hear the new singer. I hope he sounds like Dave, but then again, that might bring back some sad thought of his death. None the less, that is awesome!

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

I'm sure they kick ass. They can get a new singer, but they can't replace Dave. The old stuff will never sound the same :'(

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

HOLY CRAP!!!

Drowning Pool rules. :D :D

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Back in 2001, DP played a free concert for us at a local record store, and before the show, before anyone got there, i went to buy some CD's, cause I knew it would be a madhouse. So I'm in the store, and who walks in but Dave himself! It was great, i knew he liked WWF because at that time I was wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin shirt, so we hung out in the store for a while, talked about some bands, and he signed my Sinner cd. He was so nice, so funny, definitely a guy i miss. No one could ever replace Dave because he was such a great guy. Hanging out with him in the record store was probably the most fun i had in a long time. Id like to hear this new (temporary) singer, but no one could be like Dave

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

wow great news but like most of you guys said no one can replace Dave Williams

GrnEyedBeauty82

GrnEyedBeauty82 Well-Known Member

yeah... i'm wondering how good they'll be
    <-- won't judge until i hear

Steph

Steph Ambient

I remeber hearing about what happened....now everytime I hear a DP song, I basically give a salute...

Jamie

Jamie Super Member LPA Super Member

Cant wait to hear them..

No one can or ever will replace Dave...

R.I.P mate

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

This is great news. I can't wait to hear him (if he becomes the permanent replacement).