Seabiscuit

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by [Darken Hybrid], Jul 21, 2003.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

Tobey Maguire is back to the big screens but not as Spidey but as a jockey in "Seaiscuit". It opens July 25, 2003. From Universal Pictures, Dreamworks Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment, "Seabiscuit," an American epic of triumph and perseverance set during the Great Depression, is based on the best-selling book that was one of the most popular and widely read non-fiction books of recent years. It is the story of three men [a jockey, a trainer and a businessman] and the down-and-out racehorse that took them and the entire nation on the ride of a lifetime.

I'm not going to see this movie because it's drama. I don't like drama movies. But I'll see it when it comes out on HBO (they come \out a year later if i'm not mistaken) just because Tobey is in it. :p He's a great actor. So what do you guys think about this film?

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I HATE Tobey Maguire...can't stand his voice, his face, blah! But this movie looks pretty good. I think the main reason I want to see it is because I love the orchestrated music in the trailer...haha. I'll see it nonetheless.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I want to see it, the movie looks like its going to be good. Tobey Magurie was great in Spider Man and i think he'll be good in this 1.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

I can't wait to see this movie! I love horses, and am going to be fifteen minutes away from the Saratoga racetrack...score! Plus, I heard the book was really good.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

SAME HERE. Maybe they have the book somewhere in the mall....*thinks of all bookstores in nearest mall*

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

This movie looks really good. Hopefully I'll get to see it.

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

I may or may not go see it. I don't see movies often and I just saw Pirates twice in the same week so. . . But one cool thing is that I live just thirty minutes away from Churchill Downs in Kentucky.