The commercial thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Phantom Duck, Jul 18, 2003.

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

Since i'm curently in canada, my fav. one ciurrently is the sour starburst ad: a guy goes to a hispanic girl's home to pick her up for the prom. however, when he sees her he takes the expression of someone who's just eaten something sour, as he'd previously eaten some s. starburst. she thinks tho that the guy did that expression because he didn't like her, so she goes off crying and all of her family gets ready to kill him. and the motto : sour starburst: use with responsibility

Let the narrating begin!

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

lol, i've yet to see that one.

one of my favorites is for John West Salmon. A huge bear is getting salmon out of a pond and this guy (presumably John West) runs up and attacks the bear from behind for his salmon. The bear gets the guy off his back, does a shuffle with his feet, spins around and kicks John in the stomach. When John gets up, he points to the sky, the bear looks up, and John kicks him in the family jewels. The bear falls over in pain and John runs off with the salmon. Go download it off Kazaa, it's hilarious.

I really love the Bud Light Commercials, and the Canadian commericats for Labatt's Beer where this blinged up guy goes "yo! ice box is designed to fit in yo' fridge!". (Ice box is this 12 pack of beer designed to fit in your fridge.

Phantom Duck

Ha, yeah, i've seen the bear one on the net.
    About the lambatt ad, is hat the one with the black guy in the fridge?

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

Isn't this suppose to be in the Kick-back Cafe? :whistle:

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

who knows what forum it belongs in? *shrugs*

my favorite was a commercial where there were all these people running down a street and they had brake lights on their butts and were supposed to be people riding in a car. the best part was the bus, where you saw twenty kids running behind some random bus driver. that was the most random commercial and i can't even remember what it was for....

dlpalex

dlpalex Well-Known Member

The best commerical I ever saw was the Mitsubishi Outlander commercial. It told a story in a commercial. An adult going all these changes within an hour. From bachelor, to a drag queen, to a married person. Also I like the music. It was telepopmusik - breathe. It was very calm, and cool. I actually bought the CD just because of that song in that commercial.

Mark

lol, yeah. I find it funny because he barks the "yo!" at the two people.

"YO! Ice box is designed to fit it yo' fridge!" *gets in fridge and closes door behind him* And then the pose he makes at the end of the commercial is hilarious.

Terry

Terry Yeah, but I wish you were my shadow. LPA Super Member

I don't really have a favorite, but I really like that one commercial advertising PG&E (the company) and this one worker from PG&E walks around telling people about how great PG&E is, and how they "find the right time to approach people" and they show a clip with all of these people getting really fustrated with their appliances. This one guy was so fustrated he started beating the crap out of his air conditioner with a baseball bat.

And I remember talking about this one commercial in the beginning of class to get to know everyone. This lady was trying to welcome the new neighbors, whose kid is deaf (I think). So when the neighbor's kid was playing outside one time, the lady went on the internet and tried to learn a little bit of sign language. After that, she baked a pie, and brought it over to the neighbor's kid. She gives the pie to the kid and tries to say in sign language, "I baked this pie for you." But instead, she acidentally said, "I baked this pie out of your dog," I think. The kid drops the pie and runs inside, obviously freaked out, while the lady just stands there, wondering what she did wrong.

Ok, I wrote wayyyy too much. I think I have a cramp in my hand. Sorry if some of the stuff isn't accurate.

Phantom Duck

w00t, i just saw a coca-cola commercial with a guy whose roomate's mom has sent some fajitas and a coke to her son. however, he eats everything, and when the roomate returns, he sez "oh, something smells good", but when he realises what happened, he gets mad. i don't remember what he actually sez, but it's pretty funny.

MentalMel911

MentalMel911 Banned

That commercial was funny. The grandma said(in sign lingo)" I baked your dog for you."

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I dont really have a favorite, but the Dial Commercials rock. Your not as clean as you think...

Alex

Alex Ambient

PP:KUt

PP:KUt Banned

"hey doesnt miller lite taste great?"
    *runs to pool*

GREAT TASTE, GREAT TASTE

"LESS FILLING"

ahh what a commercial!!

and how bout the loc.gov commercials....those are cool haha

ah choo.....hehe that reminds me of how uhhhh president william henry harrison, 9th american president, caught a cold on inaguration day, 31 days later, ABOOM, DEAD!! hahahahah completely dead!!

ok i watch too much tv

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

My fav commercials are for Irn-Bru, they always have funny ones

this old man asks for a drink of his grandsons irn-bru, he is like "uhh, well, i guess.." so he gives him a drink, his grandad starts slurping and making funny noises when he is drinking it, its hillarious, he gives him the can back and the grandson is like "nah u can keep it", then at the end the grandads sittin with his can laughing at the boy.

this old woman is on one of those cart things with a basket on the front for the disabled, she pulls a balaclava over her head and drives the cart thru a big triangle stacked up stand of irn bru, so the basket gets filled with cans, and makes her getaway in the 5mph max speed vehicle, outside the police are surrounding her and telling her to step away from the vehicle, its so funny

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

The best commercials for me are always all the Mountain Dew commercials. My favorite is when a there are 2 dudes a a car and the driver forgots his mountain dew somewhere by the store. A guy by the store picks it up and he is going to drink it and then the driver drives back for his Mountain Dew. Then the car flips in the air and the driver takes the soda away from the guy that was going to drink the soda. That's the best commercial ever. I also like the song featured in the commerical.

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

^^^ Yeah, I like the Mountain Dew commercial. I always sang along to it when it came on. I like how when commercials have cool songs where you just have to sing along with.

"I'm squeeeeeezed in the middle
    Smack daaaaaab in the middle"

Mark

Hoobastank's "Crawling in the Dark". awesome track.

I love the commercial for Mountain Dew Code Red where there's this mascot for a basketball team running up to jump on a trampoline and dunk the net, and when he's in mid air this guy comes out of nowhere to swat the ball away, it's hilarious.

I also love the one for Heineken where this guy is sitting on his porch in a chair which is next to the railing around the outside of the porch. He says, "hey, throw me a keg!" (heineken are canned in miniature keg like cans.) and this guy throws this huge beer keg at him and he falls through the rail.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

My fav. is a beer commercial (Molson Canadian I think). And the guy says hes from Canada and the American makes fun of him and then the Canadian dude jerseys him and beats him up. The one with Joe Canadian or whatever the guys name is is hilarious too (Its Zed not Zee!)