Linkin Park's explained stance on downloading.

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

In an interview with Launch.com, vocalist Chester Bennington explained Linkin Park's decision to take their songs off Apple's iTunes. In the interview, Bennington had this to say on downloading Linkin Park's music;

"We're all going to have to adjust, you know what I'm saying? Eventually everything is going to be purchased online. It's just a matter of how you're going to do it. You know? Do you sell albums by track or do you sell albums to download for one cost when you go in to download the music? Who knows? It's not up to me, it's up to the people to figure out the way they want to do it, and to do it in a way that's not going to destroy the bands that they love."

To read the full article, click here.

LinkinTheory

LinkinTheory Well-Known Member

Go Chester! You tell those livin-outta-momma's-house-downloading-full-albums-off-the-internet-when-their-still-in-stores jerk-offs that they should shell out a penny and buy it at walmart! Man, that was like, baaaadd. . .

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I agree with Chester. No doubt. B)

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

yeah so do i, a song maybe sure, but albums no way

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Best Buy is better.

EDIT: I thought I'd make this post on topic too. I made a huge rant a while ago concerning downloading music, and my stance of the situation is both in support, and not in support. I beleive that if you are a beginning artist, you should use the internet to it's full potential and encourage people to download your material. If you are a fan of an established artist, you should support the band and buy the album.

chaz Shinizzle

chaz Shinizzle Well-Known Member

Best Buy is better.

EDIT: I thought I'd make this post on topic too. I made a huge rant a while ago concerning downloading music, and my stance of the situation is both in support, and not in support. I beleive that if you are a beginning artist, you should use the internet to it's full potential and encourage people to download your material. If you are a fan of an established artist, you should support the band and buy the album. [/b][/quote]
    DAMN STRAIGHT and GO CHESTER!!

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

go chester, u lay it down to those skum!

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

::feels bad about all the files on her computer from downloads:: shame shame shame on me..but i do buy SOME cds... :blush:

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

I downloaded all of LP's albums and have all of them on my computer and I think I have all must every song they have out on my computer except the live ones :D

But I'm a loyal LP fan soo I was there to buy there albums the first day they came out and :D skipping school of corse :p but I only downloaded there albums becouse its soo hard to keep putting in there CD's back and forth soo I think its ok I downloaded there albums becouse I still bought all of them :)

I agree with Chester 100%. I have all their Mp3s on my hard drive, but I also own all their albums. I've got nothing against downloading music, I'm generally in favor of it and I do it regularly myself...but I think that if you support a band and of course, if you could afford it, then you should buy the albums. I -have- downloaded entire albums in the past but in every case, I always make sure I buy the real thing when I've got the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.