Otep

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Maggot, Jul 5, 2003.

Maggot

Maggot Banned

With Otep's “in pain” style leading into the most guttural but skilled growling vocals, this is what metal fans crave. Not whiney like many bands today(lp for example) that just sing and bark, but gripping, tooth-grinding riffs and drums that drop the jaw.But that's not all,she also raps very phat and agressive!The've released their first project Jihad Ep and a debut long play Sevas Tra!The band consists of Otep Shamaya(vocals)she's a female and the rest of the band is male,Evil J(bass),Rob(quitarz),Moke(drums)!In general, Sevas Tra by Otep in my opinion is one of the absolute best arrivals in metal since the new millennium began.
    What do u think? :)

sup103

sup103 Ambient

Ugh, I hate Otep. I dont like them at all, but they're drummer is really good.

Maggot

Maggot Banned

sup103-It's too havy for ya partner?? :shifty:

sup103

sup103 Ambient

No, I dont like it at all.

linkinparkbby101

linkinparkbby101 Well-Known Member

im use to really loud music screamin stuff. reallly heavy stuff. like slipknot. i like em but they can scream a lil to much for me to handle...

Maggot

Maggot Banned

sup103-explain why! :wth: linkinparkbby101!I think Otep got much richier vocal then Corey Taylor! :)

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

They scare me lol. :mellow:
    I have heard some of their music and I don't like it.
    They are too heavy for me.

Magick

Magick Ambient

Ahahahha.. no. Why'd you decide to join the MB if you think Linkin Park's whiny?

=====

I used to like Otep, I own Jihad and stuff but they just became boring to me after a while. Y'know, I've heard that Otep uses some kind of a voice box to make her voice that deep.

Maggot

Maggot Banned

XxLPandGCxX-BOOOOOOOOOOOO!Magick-I've joined mb because i like to speak with Americans!and i like American music very much!And it isn' t written here(LP FANS ONLY)! :rasberry:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Otep is a horrible band.

Maggot

Maggot Banned

Will-Too scary and too heave eh? :blush:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Yeah, they're too heavy. Right.

I listen to bands who are way heavier than Otep. :rolleyes:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Well well... I could flat out tell you Otep sucks a monkey's nut, but I'ma be less like you and explain.

Otep plainly just makes noises. Yes, there IS a difference between noise and music. Music consists of repeated chords and or beats in a managable fashion with atleast some sort of melodies. Noise is when you bang around a trashcan while playing a guitar when you have no idea what the hell the fingering is. I've heard Oteps music, and Otep is just one of those bands that scream and play these messed up sounds that don't seem to even match eachother.

Now I'm sure once you read this, you're going to reply with one of your insanely unsmartass comments, but hey, atleast I have a decency to explain myself.

Maggot

Maggot Banned

Will
    Like Cannibal Corpse and stuff!?Keaton-U've just poured some sort of bullshit man![/QUOTE]
    I could flat out tell you Otep sucks a monkey's nut, but I'ma be less like you and explain.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

...So if you're not good at English, how do you know what I said is considered "bullsh*t"?

If you consider what other people say/think "bullsh*t" then you shouldn't post to therefor get replies of good and bad, maybe not even reply to other threads while you're at it.

edit: and to consider what I said "poured out bullsh*t", when I respected you more than you respect other people's thoughts on bands is really immature. Get a life or understand how the world works, man. Like I said, atleast I didn't tell you Otep flat out sucks.

Maggot

Maggot Banned

Keaton-
    I got the main post of your post! :wth:
    Pardon for Bullshit bro! :mellow: