Linkin Park Shares Studio Update #3

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Apr 22, 2016.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

As the band promised yesterday on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, a new studio update has been sent out to all newsletter subscribers. The band offers us through the update a glimpse into the process of writing their seventh studio album.

[​IMG]

The update can be read in the newsletter, online or simply here below:

What do you think about the update? Opinions on the bands progress so far? Did you know that the song from the announcement video is from a LPTV episode from 2003? Come and discuss your thoughts in our forums!

Source: Linkin Park via The Linkin Park Newsletter and Minus

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

Normally the board at the background would be filled with track names at this point. Don't know what to think about it.

And seems like they yet don't know how the songs will really sound like. They just have the structure of it and vocals, the core feeling. I bet they'll try a lot stuff over those structures, and it will be very fun for us in the future to listen to the demos, that will be almost unrecognizable.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

If the band lets us hear them. Though, we did hear all three original UIB demos, so hey.

I like how quickly we're getting updates and peeks at the studio (including impromptu livestreams), even if there isn't anything too meaty. It's kinda reassuring, in a way. It's all very laid back and chill. :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'm just happy that they seem to be making lyrics, vocals and melodies on this album a huge deal. It really makes it seem like they view this album as one of their most important.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

To me, it seems like it isn't so far away right now.

They're already voting for the top songs.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I have a feeling this album is going to be something special, no matter how it sounds. Mike certainly seems enthusiastic, though they have a lot of lyrical tropes to break away from. I hope they manage it. :)

I hope they do a song with a full orchestra this album.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Another vague update.
    I feel like Mike is saying the same things over and over. Is it really news worthy to say that there is going to be drums and keyboards/samples on the record?
    I guess it tells us that the record will be more ballad driven/softer than THP.
    With that said, I do like these small updates, they feel very initime.
    I just hope the next one will have something concrete; a song title, lyric, lyrical topic, theme, sound description, feature, anything.

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

The most interesting thing is that they r narrowung down the songs , hope next month we get a more concrete insight to the album

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Ok, these better be some great lyrics at this point lol. Also, funny that the instrumental is that old. I thought the drums were a little scratchy/old school to be a modern demo, but it might still be something you could find as like an intro/interlude.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

melodieeeessss

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

While I agree that updates 1 and 2 were very similar, this update isn't particularly. It's not giving us any concrete details (because the band don't even know themselves), but it's telling us where they are in the writing process, which is nice. I do think it's very newsworthy that the band are telling us that they're narrowing down on a few songs and finalising the vocal parts. Basically, I'm excited. :lol:

Migueltorres

Migueltorres Well-Known Member

I think that in a couple of months we could have serious things about the album ... At this point i think a fall release is most likely

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Sounds like they're further along than I had thought. The thought that they're putting so much effort into the lyrics is reassuring to me, as it's pretty much my only gripe with them. I'm sure when the album releases I'll still find something to complain about because I'm an asshole, but I really do appreciate the work they're putting in here. This could be their biggest album yet.

I had completely forgotten about that LPTV episode, I was thinking that instrumental was an upcoming LPU demo or something. Maybe it still could be? Like a full version.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

They're doing that on vocal melody alone. Several times they've said they're not worrying about instrumentation until afterwards.

What'll end up happening is they choose the songs in which they enjoy the vocals the most and craft the instrumentation around the vocals. For all we know that could take months. If unplugged renditions, youtube covers and covers in general are any indication, there are multiple directions you can take musically with the same vocal melody.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Yeah, I'm kind of let down as well. I don't see why they don't wait until they've got some concrete and worthwhile info, and then hit send.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

But what's the issue with these small updates? I'd rather some sort of details into where they're at with the album instead of leaving us in the dark.

Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

This is a nice little update, though it really doesn't tell us too much about the current direction of the album. At least we know that LP is zeroing in on song vocals they really like, and will hopefully begin crafting the instrumentals around them soon. I actually like that the direction of LP7 is still anyone's guess right now, even the band members'. It's quite refreshing to still be guessing about the direction this album may take, only if it's on account of the band's purposeful vagueness.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

The making of this album seems like the complete opposite of ATS, in terms of atmosphere. In ATS, you could tell that it was a really tense and, at times, very uncomfortable atmosphere.

With this new album, it seems extremely relaxed and serene. That doesn't say anything about the music obviously, I'm just talking about the process of making the album.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Sounds like it's coming along well

I think

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Yeah... I don't feel like they're rushing the album out. It appears to me that they are taking their time until they have something they truly feel good about, and I think if that's the case it'll be good no matter what direction they take sound-wise.