Semi-Rare Linkin Park Findings [Picture Included]

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Blake, Apr 17, 2016.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

In Arizona, there is a chain of stores called Bookmans which sellss new and used books, music, videogames, and DVDs. Yesterday, Friday the 15th, I was gifted two presents by a friend which happened to be special Linkin Park DVDs from Bookmans. Today, at a different Bookmans location, I was able to find two more Linkin Park DVDs. Im not sure how rare these finds are but I know they are at least Semi-rare as you can't actually purchase new copies of any of these to my knowledge. You can correct me if im wrong. Maybe Derek or Astat would be helpful in this department?

Here is what I found/was given:
    tumblr_o5rgm9T1081v2vwu2o2_1280.jpg

Linkin Park- Unauthorized
    Linkin Park- Frat Party At the Pankake Festival
    Linkin Park- Breaking the Habit Manga + DVD
    Linkin Park- Minutes to Midnight Deluxe CD/DVD Edition​

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"Unauthorized", as its name suggests, is unofficial. If you're into that kind of stuff, then, whatever - I avoid it, personally. The others are definitely rare, especially "Breaking The Habit".

Blake

I figured Unauthorized was as such. That was one of the two my friend gave me. He gave me Unauthorized and Frat Party, I found the other two myself today. If they are rare, like I thought they were, I'm definitely going to try to keep them in best condition possible. If I ever want to get rid of them someday (which is doubtful), I might be able to get something good for them!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Lol i got two of them (Frat Party and BTH DVD+Manga). Pretty cool.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I wanted the Breaking the Habit dvd so bad because I love Kazuto Nakazawa's art. But I was just 15 back then with no cash :lol:

Is it absurdly expensive to get now?

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I paid 20€ for it

Blake

The one I found was only $6 but I feel like the place I bought it from didn't realize how much it could go for if you find the right person to buy it. I feel like you could at least get $30 from a LP fan if you found one that wanted it.

EDIT: random side not, none of these DVDs work on my laptop. Luckily I have a PS3, but I really hope I can find a way to fix my laptop problem.

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

I found a few used copies that are less than $20. You can get some new for that price as well, but apparently that's only if you get the version without the manga comic?

I found the limited edition version on eBay, but I'll have to import it from Germany if I want it. It'll cost about $30 new.

Blake

I wouldn't know. I was lucky to find the version with the Manga for only $6. I thought it would go for more. If I'm being honest, I had no idea the Breaking the Habit DVD existed. I only knew of Frat Party and MTM Deluxe. Hearing that it's pretty rare, I'm surprised it goes for so cheap.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

There's a "Crawling" one as well from 2001, and that's it for DVDs which promoted singles.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Hm. I actually have BTH DVD+Manga book (precious item for me) which I bought brand new from Amazon in 2011 and the red sleeve does not look like that one (EDIT: STUPID ME, the red thing is actually the cover where the actual disc is, lol, inside of the sleeve *that's what I get for keeping my LP stuff shelved*):

[thumb]https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/175849_10150097059106219_3964073_o.jpg[/thumb]

[thumb]https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/179821_10150097367526219_1239322_n.jpg?oh=b5e35d54b95f6e11748920f489105c1b&oe=57B60F53[/thumb]

I also have Frat Party and MTM in that same presentation you show there. I got MTM by preordering it and FP at a local DVD store. What's interesting about that DVD is the weird carboard presentation with plastic clip. I've seen it with a plain DVD case in other places.

Although I understand these most likely aren't found as new, I don't feel they're exactly "rare" though.

Blake

Nice! Minuteforce said that Breaking the Habit is rare. I wouldn't be surprised if the others are not, but it feels like you have to stumble upon them if you want them.