Stone Temple Pilots announce one-off charity show with Chester Bennington

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Feb 17, 2016.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Stone Temple Pilots are re-uniting with Chester Bennington, but only for a one-off charity show at this years From Back to Rock fundraiser benefiting Palos Verdes Peninsula public schools. As we all know, Stone Temple Pilots hired Chester as their singer in May of 2013, but then amicably parted ways at the beginning of last November, and a few weeks ago they announced they were searching for a new singer. In between these latter two events, the band's original vocalist Scott Weiland passed away at the age of 48. The band responded to this by releasing an official statement and a few days later, a video titled "Memories of Candles and Incense" in which the remaining members listen to the vocal track from STP's track "Atlanta" and share their memories of Scott.

So, needless to say, the band has had a bit of a tough time recently, and in my opinion, it is a very nice thing of Chester to help them out one more time. The one off show is scheduled for March 26th, and tickets will be on sale February 23rd on the official website of the event. VIP & Vendor sponsorship packages are available here and include premium concert seating, meet-and-greets, photo and sound check opportunities, private after party services, merchandise and more. The website brings the following info about the event:

Check out a video of the band performing their hit "Interstate Love Song" and "Pop's Love Suicide" with Chester in Bethlehem, PA back in 2013.

[video=youtube;QGXepOLGSVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGXepOLGSVc[/video]​

What do you think about this? Will you be attending what is likely to be the last show Stone Temple Pilots ever do with Chester as their lead singer? Tell us in the forums!

Source: AltWire via Michele

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think its great. Charity things are always great and the boys from STP will be happy too for sure.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

That's pretty awesome. Doubt it'll happen, but would be awesome if they streamed the show. Oh well.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Here's to hoping we hear the stuff Chester and STP recorded over the few years they were together

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm really interested to hear that. It would seem like they wouldn't want to re-record it with someone else, I hope they release something. Maybe as bonus tracks on their next full-length.