THE LPA AWARDS 2015

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Tim, Jan 25, 2016.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

It's that time of the year again, folks. While others might be more concerned about whether or not poor, supermodel-railing Leo finally manages to win that long-coveted Oscar, LPA veterans are openly pondering whether or not that blemish on their forehead in that last round of selfies they posted back in December will hinder their chances of winning Most Attractive Member. Oh yes, the LPA Awards have returned! And this time, you're going to La-Li-Lu-Le-Love it. So put down your six shooters and unplug that car battery, Shalashaska, because I'll tell you everything you need to know.

If you open up your iDroid, you'll see that I sent you some ground rules:

- You need 50 posts to vote
    - You must vote in EVERY category
    - You cannot vote for yourself
    - You cannot vote for banned members
    - PM your votes to minuteforce by February 8th, 2016

LPA AWARDS 2015: THE CATEGORIES

[​IMG]
    1. Favourite Member:
    Pretty self-explanatory. Which LPA member makes your experience on the forums that much more enjoyable? No B-grade scrubs here. I'm talking an S-ranked, bonafide gem of a poster.

[​IMG]
    2. Favourite Staff Member:
    Whether it's their helpful ways, quality posts, or simply their awesome personality, which staff member do you think is the biggest asset to the LPA? For the uninitiated, this category is confined to red and purple staff members. Any votes for Filip will automatically invalidate your entire ballot. That was a joke. But seriously, red and purple only.

[​IMG]
    3. Most Intelligent Member:
    This is for the poster you see dropping knowledge and clever witticisms on a regular basis. Maybe they impressed you with their sharp debate skills, or maybe they just always manage to come across as thoughtful and well-informed no matter what the subject. Let's give one of the LPA's resident smarty pants some recognition.

[​IMG]
    4. Most Funniest Member:
    As much as we all adore a debate over which demo version of Breaking the Habit is the best, sometimes you have to loosen up and let the jokes fly. Which poster had you cracking up the most in 2015?

[​IMG]
    5. Most Random Member:
    Ancient Chinese powers. Profanity-laced, barely-coherent diatribes against English footballers. Let's face it, folks, sometimes you have no fucking idea what certain LPA members are on about. This is the award for that special little LPA snowflake who leaves you scratching your head the most.

[​IMG]
    6. Most Attractive Member:
    Sure, the LPA has its share of hilarious and brainy posters. Some posters, however, will have you saying "WOULD" to yourself as you scope their fresh pics out in the Post Your Picture thread. Or maybe you just, like, have an innocent, non-sexual appreciation for the human form, man. I'm not judging you. We're all friends here.
    [​IMG]
    7. Most Dedicated Member:
    While some of us love nothing more than to drop into the shoutbox and chat about random nonsense, there are other LPA posters who go above and beyond the call of duty. Whether it's helping newbies navigate the forums or consistently contributing to threads, which LPA poster put the most effort into making this place what it is?

[​IMG]
    8. Most Controversial Member:
    The LPA may be a friendly place for the most part, but that doesn't mean there aren't some posters who stir the pot. Perhaps they have really divisive opinions. Perhaps they like to bend the rules a little bit. Perhaps they keep giving your songs really low scores in the Rate the Song Above thread and oh my god fuck them seriously you've got to be kidding me what a crock of shit. Whatever the case may be, we have an award for that rascally little trouble maker.

[​IMG]
    9. Nicest Member:
    The Yin to the Yang that is Most Controversial Member. Who is the one LPA poster who towers above the rest when it comes to being a welcoming, positive, decent force in the community?

[​IMG]
    10. Most Creative Member:
    As anyone who listened to Viscera or Reliving Things can attest, there are some talented posters here at the LPA. Some meticulously craft the sickest second drops, others post awesome drawings in Your Projects. Some post writings that wrench at your heart, others contribute to the vast underground network of GIFs and unofficial smilies that may or may not exist. This is the award for the LPA member whose creative endeavors you appreciate the most.

[​IMG]
    11. LPA'er You Would Most Like to Meet:
    No, not the LPA member you want to CQC because they meh'd Daisy Ridley in the Your Celebrity Crushes thread. Settle down. This is for the LPA member who seems like someone cool to hang out with IRL.

[​IMG]
    12. Best Newbie:
    New LPA members aren't exactly rare, but new LPA members who contribute a lot fresh out the gate and make a lasting impression on the rest of the forum regulars are indeed a rare breed. Which LPA newbie stuck out the most to you? Remember, this is reserved for members who joined in 2015.

[​IMG]
    13. Best Thread:
    There are a lot of things that can make a thread great. Spirited debate. Random fuckery. Photoshop battles. That hottie you voted for in the Most Attractive Member category responding to your shitty joke with "lmao" (yes, that does mean they love you!). Whatever your criteria, now is your chance to give your favorite thread from 2015 its due!

[​IMG]
    14. Biggest WTF Thread:
    Frankly, I say "what the fuck" to myself almost every time I open LP Chat, but I'm told that level of passion isn't as unhealthy as it seems initially. Be that as it may, this is about what you think. Whether its from the insanity of its content, utter disregard for good taste, or just sheer stupidity, which thread left you in a particularly heightened state of disbelief in 2015?

[​IMG]
    15. Best Smiley:
    If nothing else, the LPA's smiley game is on point. Pop culture references, obscure inside jokes, Kevin -- the smilies on these forums run the gamut. Which LPA smiley is the most trusted part of your posting arsenal gear?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And there you have it. The LPA Awards 2015. Its 15 categories so neatly packed together like a well-placed supply drop. You have two weeks from today to get your votes in, which, I'll reiterate, means the deadline is February 8th, 2016. PM your votes to minuteforce. Shortly after all the votes are counted, I will post the results thread. Just to make things a little easier, you can simply copy this handy list of and type in your votes next to each category.

1. Favourite Member:
    2. Favourite Staff Member:
    3. Most Intelligent Member:
    4. Most Funniest Member:
    5. Most Random Member:
    6. Most Attractive Member:
    7. Most Dedicated Member:
    8. Most Controversial Member:
    9. Nicest Member:
    10. Most Creative Member:
    11. LPA'er You Would Most Like To Meet:
    12. Best Newbie:
    13. Best Thread:
    14. Biggest WTF Thread:
    15. Best LPA Smiley:

A big thanks to Decay for helping me put this little shindig together. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Hats off to you guys for putting this together. It's hilarious and well made. Will definitely vote.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

"Perhaps they keep giving your songs really low scores in the Rate the Song Above thread and oh my god fuck them seriously you've got to be kidding me what a crock of shit."

Gibs :lol:

:halfkappa:

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Thank-you guys again for coming through with this. :) Nailed it.

Happy voting to you all!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Relevant: here is a list of all members who joined in 2015, sorted by the number of posts they made. :)

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hahahahaha, awesome job Tim and Decay. Love the theme!

Such a lust for votes.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

#votedecaymostcontroversial

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Is that your face on the Most Controversial box?

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

:shifty:

Minus

My point still stands.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Why the halfkappa? :kappa:

HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I love this! Good Luck to everyone!

PS: February 8th is my birthday yahh!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Yay, looking forward to vote :)

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

YESYESYESYESYES :lund:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

This will be fun.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

I'm gonna vote for myself for all the categories. Even for the categories that ask for threads.

:kappa:

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

Vote me for Most Controversial. Or anything for that matter.

pls

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

:samuel:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

[thumb]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/053/259/ebd.jpg[/thumb]

Minus

No.