November 14, 2015 - Los Angeles, CA: Relief Live

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 13, 2015.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

To defend the band. There are worse new-album-songs playing bands than LP out there. Rise Against for exaple just played 3 songs from "The Black Market" live. LP 6 out of 12 songs minus one interlude and one instrumental. 6/10 isnt too bad honestly.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

It is when they don't play the opening song to The Hunting Party :fuckadoodledoo:

Michele

:lol:

But i have a point you know

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The difference being LP specifically stated with these last two albums that they wanted more live songs to pack punches during the set. Then they don't play them.

Rise Against didn't say anything of the sort.

6/10 is not bad, sure. Unless you went on record saying you want to play these songs live and don't.

Michele

Well they never mentioned that they want to play ALL songs live, they suggest it, sure, but they dont swear it :lol:

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Michele has a point.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Keyword there: want. Trust me, I'm still a little pissed they didn't even TRY to bring MTG or Keys to the stage. However, the band (namely Mike, I imagine) is stuck in the mindset of "If we don't play every single, odds are someone will walk away upset". I have no doubt in my mind that they WANT to play these songs live. I mean, just look how proud they were when they pulled off ALITS at its debut. The problem is that people going to the show simply don't know the newer material, and people, mostly in the US, but in other places too, just kind of don't know what to do when a song they don't know is being played on stage it seems. Judging solely by the fan reaction from Carnivores and the canceled US tour, people couldn't care less about THP songs. Nobody really cared during GATS, Wastelands, Rebellion etc. A bit of a reaction for UIG and FM, but that's it. People were more interested in hearing Runaway and Crawling than they were in anything from THP. One guy at the Indianapolis show literally yelled "What the fuck is this" when Runaway transitioned into Wastelands. The band probably just doesn't see the need to put the time in to learn the songs when people simply will just stand there, whereas they can throw ITE, Numb, Crawling, Faint, WID etc. in the set, and people will go crazy. It's the reason the Ballad Medley is still around, I bet. It's boring to us at home, but it gets a HUGE reaction live.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

From what I see, the crowd is usually pretty indifferent either way. Most people that attend the shows dont even seem to like the band to begin with. Seems pointless to try and please them - really, they already paid to be dissatisfied.

IMO, the band should've put together a proper "Hunting Party"-themed show to bring on tour. If people come to a show where the band's promoting a new album and they can't handle that there are new songs, they should just go and fuck themselves.

BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Are there full vocals behind them, or just the vocoder layers? I don't hear the full vocals on playback, and I know they don't do it when the play ALTNC (though they do have the vocoder).

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Watch and listen closely to the last chorus and outro.

Michele

Thank You.

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

If a band's promoting a new album, I'd be disappointed if I didn't see at least 4ish new songs. LP played 5 for a little bit, but usually were only doing 3 or even 2. The band could easily have swapped out Wastelands or UIG with War/AFN/KTTK some nights, or swapped out ALITS for MTG. They could have even played a shortened version of drawbar at the very beginning of the encore, segueing into FM! I just think the band, as great as they are in studio, aren't good enough musicians to learn an entire album like THP. Infuriating. :(

Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

War, AFN and KTTK are hardly complex to play, I'm sure they could have found enough time to rehearse them had they wanted to.

To write a raw sounding album designed for a live setting to then only really play 3 of the songs which really showcase the albums direction live seems a bit half hearted. Oh well, tour over so probably no chance of ever hearing any more new THP tracks live.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Seems to me....Rob was enjoying his time more than usual, since he went a little tiny bit "wilder" during WID breakdown...
    Close the thread...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

I assumed that those vocals came in to allow Chester to do his outro high stuff, but it seems like he's definitely not actually singing the first time he's supposed to belt "Darker than the blood" so maybe.