Linkin Park x CLOT "Hybrid Theory" 15th Anniversary T-Shirt Released

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 5, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Tuesday saw the start of the XVLP collaborations, with the release of the Linkin Park and BAPE T-Shirt. Today, the second item in the collaboration was released, this time with CLOT - a streetwear brand started in Hong Kong in 2003. The design itself was revealed a few days ago on CLOT's website, but it wasn't available for purchase until today.

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/110515-212621_image.jpeg[/thumb]​

The shirt is available for $60 and can be purchased over at the official XVLP store.

What do you think of the shirt? Will you be picking one up? Do you prefer this shirt over the BAPE one? Come and discuss in our forums.

Source: Linkin Park Twitter

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Much better than the BAPE one but it's still quite pedestrian. Not gonna bite.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

That is such a cool shirt... I really want it so bad...

Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

Much better. Not something I'd dish out $60 for, but much, much better than the other one.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

So is there 75 of each color, or 150 or each color?

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

75 of each color

... I think

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Well, it's certainly better than the BAPE one. Or at least has more thought put into it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

$60 USD - there's your obligatory under-$100 product!

crazygolfer

crazygolfer Well-Known Member

That's a solid asking price. I think it's worth it for the design and exclusiveness. As others have stated, much better than the A Bathing Ape shirt.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

That's a nice looking shirt. Wish I had the will to spend $60 on that, but I think I'd much rather go out and buy a few shirts and a nice pair of jeans for $60.
    The most I'd spend on an LP shirt, or any shirt for that matter might be $25.

minuteforce

As others have said, this is a much better design than BAPE's shirt had, not to mention the price.

If I were planning to buy any of these shirts, I'd really want to wait until they were all revealed

EDIT: I kind of think that they should've flipped it around so that the big logo was at the front

[THUMB]https://igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t51.2885-15/e35/11910111_1676727982543373_164821440_n.jpg[/THUMB]

"CLOT v LINKIN PARK. Available Now. Link in bio. #XVLP #CLOT"​

(source)

Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

This one looks much better but for 60 bucks? if someone had that image on the shirt as a file i know someone who can print it on a shirt and it would look just the same for a cheaper price. still a nice shirt ;)

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Yes! But I guess this might be impossible with all shirts being limited to 150...
    --
    Wow, it has this oldschool LP-"scope", or how one calls it, on it? Looks cool, but the big logo should definitely be on the front.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Do they think people are made of money or do they just assume people are dumb enough to spend $60 on a t-shirt?

minuteforce

These products and brands aren't for everyone, unlike a lot of the products which Linkin Park put out under their name. These are high-end and aspirational, not to mention limited-edition.

Ideally, the brand(s) would be making the best products they can and marketing them in a manner where a lot of people want them but only few can afford them. Whether or not that's happening here is, I suppose, up for debate. :)

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

The overpriced merch has been pretty much anything the band is tied to these days.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

It's cool and all incorporating LP's logo in with their name, but I think it would be better without having the C and T on the shirt. I guess it's better than having that big R on the shirt though.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is nothing new. 'Designer clothing' is traditionally expensive and not intended for the every man. Sure doing designer clothing to commemorate an album that made them go from nobodies to world famous may feel a little strange (considering the majority of their fans cant afford to just throw out 60-100 on a shirt), but these prices aren't out of the norm for designer branded clothing and are around what I was expecting. Even if you use the band's own clothing lines as an example you'll see similar pricing. Both VeCel and SURU's shirts ran anywhere from 30-70 bucks, and in the case of hoodies...one of VeCel's hoodies retailed for 100 plus. But if I can give credit where it's due? I had a few VeCel shirts, and they're still lasting years later and some still have vibrant colors. They were well made and worth the cost they commanded. All of the collaborations the band has done with shoe companies, and designers have been anywhere from 30 to 200, to in the case of the rolex...several thousand.

Designer brands get designer prices. I personally feel there should've been something else to celebrate HT than to sell clothing that not everyone can buy/afford, but at the end of the day it's what the band chose to go with and these prices are normal for designer wear.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

This.

Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

They look nice but would not spend that much on them.