Mike Shinoda in studio with Martin Garrix

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Nov 5, 2015.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park band member Mike Shinoda recently posted a cryptic Instagram photo showing himself and the world-famous Dutch house music producer Martin Garrix together in a recording studio.

Garrix has matched this with an Instagram post of his own:

Whether the two are collaborating on something for Linkin Park's upcoming seventh album, Garrix's anticipated debut studio effort, or something else entirely, is sure to send LP fans into a wild frenzy of speculation.

Garrix is, of course, best known for his signature big room smash "Animals" which dropped in 2013, and is now one of dance music's brightest young stars. Throughout 2015, he has worked with a number of high-profile acts inside and outside of the dance realm, including Tiƫsto, Avicii, Usher and The Weeknd. Most recently, he released a brand-new track called "Poison" for free download.

Shinoda is no stranger to electronic dance music, having done multiple exciting collaborations (alongside Linkin Park) with electro-house kingpin Steve Aoki, and taking on a couple of different dance music subgenres in his productions for Linkin Park's 2013 remix effort "Recharged". Prior to this, he was said to have provided assistance for Avicii on the latter's 2013 album "True".

What results do you think a Mike Shinoda/Martin Garrix collaboration will produce? Let us know on our message board!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I am ok with all non LP7 related. I really enjoyed ALTNC and even DTB after a time as single tracks, but a whole album... I dont need this really :lol:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
    JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

LP7 FULLY EDM CONFIRMED!

Josh

Josh Met LP 8-13-14 LPA VIP

Guys, relax. Just because Rakim was on THP, doesent mean he was on the whole album, this could just be for one song, but it does lead to speculation.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

This could easily just be Mike either collaborating with Martin Garrix or Mike being featured on one of his upcoming songs. Who says the whole band has to be involved in this?

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Oh please, no more EDM songs or full electronic on the next album. I want something different. Recharged sucked a lot. Martin Garrix with LP? WTF! What is the next? Linkin Park feat. David guetta?

minuteforce

Wait, no-one's supposed to know about this yet. There's no possible way you could've found out ahead of the announcement
    /s

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

So much backlash about even the possibility of having an EDM-concentrated album.

Chill the fuck out people.

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

if mike gets featured in martin's EDM album....its cool as im EDM fan but if lp collabs for EDM artist for LP7,it sucks.........lp is nu metal,rap and rock band not a rave DJ

minuteforce

I mean, who are you to say what Linkin Park can and cannot be in that sense? They've already gone way beyond just "nu-metal, rap and rock" on their own studio albums in recent years.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

LP7 is gonna suckkk guysss!!!!1!!!!1!

Seriously, though. This is not something I need to happen, but if it happens, I'm not gonna complain.

Captain-EO

EDM LP7.

OPEN THEIR MINDS.

:kappa:

minuteforce

No.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

If this gives birth to a big room house track, oh man. I'm not sure if I'll laugh or just facepalm.

Vinifeijo

Vinifeijo i'm dancing with matt damons

If, and just IF, they do some shit EDM/pop album then THP will be nothing but a big hypocrisy and they'll lose their credit once for all.

rocker94

rocker94 Well-Known Member

Totally agree. They can't forget the message behind THP about the decline of rock...

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Martin Garrix sold out, he should stick to EDM and not nu-metal. leave that to the pros like Limp Bizkit

Captain-EO

:lol:

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

minuteforce,sorry buddy but i think as a rock band should be a band not DJ.....im a DJ/producer too...............dnt u think that if all 6 band mates do djing on thier set instead of vocals,rap,guitar,drums etc,...........

abbaslp

abbaslp Fortyoneaxes

if u notice the background(studio),it is the studio where lp made ATS,LT and THP.........so u can think it might be a LP7,as i know,martin mostly uses just his laptop and plugins...........he is not deep into mixing in large studio mixers,he can do it in his laptop cuz he is much talented