September 6, 2015 - Roma, Italy: Rock in Roma

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Sep 6, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[THUMB]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/082415-213225_LPeuro15.png[/THUMB]​

It's the end. The end of the path I started us on. Well ok, I didn't start the tour posts for this cycle, but I liked the quote.

Linkin Park returns to Italy! The band was in Italy the last time right at the start of the touring for The Hunting Party and now returns, to play their last show of any tour for the album. Had it not been for another show in November then this would have been the last show for the band until they start touring for the next album or just tour to get out of the studio. The band first played in Italy back in 2001 when they played two shows, one in March and one in September. The March show we don't know anything about but the September show we have some info about. The show was filmed for MTV with only six songs being shown on TV. You can check out video of that at the end of this. The band then returned in 2003 for the start of the LPUnderground Tour. At the show they debuted eight (EIGHT!!!) songs, all of them from Meteora. Seeing as this was the start of the Meteora touring, that does make sense. The songs were Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Hit The Floor, Easier To Run, Faint, From The Inside and Session. If the band debuted eight songs from an album at the start of a touring cycle these days it still somehow wouldn't be enough.. It then took the band five years to return in 2008. At this show, a makeup for a date in 2007 that was canceled due to weather, Mike rapped Reading My Eyes over the bridge of Bleed It Out. Then in 2011 the country was again graced by the presence of Linkin Park as they played yet another show.

[video=youtube;ScDrmExA7PQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScDrmExA7PQ[/video]
    See? I told you there would be video. And it's good video too!

As mentioned earlier, the band played in Italy at the start of this touring cycle, and they started off good! Guilty All The Same, Until It's Gone and Wastelands were played from The Hunting Party, with only Wastelands being the only survivor to this date. During his solo medley Mike rapped the first verse of When They Come For Me, something he now does on the new Believe Me version during his Fort Minor shows. At this show, the band asked the fans to take out their phones/cameras and film the song Until It's Gone from their perspective, later using that footage to cut together a awesome live video. The footage was uploaded to FanFootage.Com where it still is, so go over there and take a look at all the video from this song. You can take a look at the finished video here below, you can also check out a full recording of the whole show below as well.

[video=youtube;m2-L9ARYEP4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2-L9ARYEP4[/video]

[video=youtube;Q-maqirAi7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-maqirAi7Y[/video]​

So the previous show the band played was in Düsseldorf, Germany. This was sort of a historic show, it's only the second time ever that Mike has performed with both Fort Minor and Linkin Park in the same day, at the same festival. It IS however the only time both acts have performed on the same stage at the same festival. Hah! I knew there was something extra special about it. With Fort Minor only having half an hour to play, some sacrifices had to be made. Remember The Name and Welcome were only played in the Linkin Park set ... I can honestly say I did not expect that. When we all heard that Mike would not perform the same songs in both sets, didn't we all just presume the Linkin Park set would suffer and not the Fort Minor set? Anyway. The Linkin Park set consisted of the usual set. And yes, I know we've said this for months now, but we may finally have an explanation. When asked about this at a recent LPU Meet&Greet, Rob said that they stopped rotating setlists due to problems it caused with the production. Seeing how many automated effects and stuff that goes into a Linkin Park show, I'd say fair enough. Joe is missing from these shows, yeah I know.. what a transition. He had to attend to some emergency family stuff at home so he left the tour and his tech Warren is filling in for him for the rest of the shows. Enjoy a video of Cigarettes and What I've Done from the show here below.

[video=youtube;n93GW4GLrOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93GW4GLrOw[/video]
    That fucking outro!

[video=youtube;HDN2e_M9kGM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDN2e_M9kGM[/video]​

So this is it, huh? The end of The Hunting Party touring cycle. It's been a good one. You might not agree... but too bad, I had fun. Mostly. You know.. writing a tour post at five in the morning can be stressful and annoying. But hey, we do it to inform, not for our own joy.

After this the band heads into the studio for a few months before playing the last (for now) show of the year on November 1st in Tempe, Arizona. Mike also has his last Fort Minor performance of the year (again, for now) in London on September 8th.

Are you going to this show? Have you enjoyed this touring cycle? Did I go way too crazy on this post? Come and discuss in our forums.

Remaining tour dates:
    September 8: London, England, Scala - Fort Minor

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

We're gonna miss you, The Hunting Party tour...

...but not really.

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

2 times LP within 10 months? I think i can die happy now :lol:

But seriously this show was much better than that one, even i couldnt know this the last time. Compared, the band has done all right to perform ALITS. SO great. I am sure people who will visit the roma show will have also much fun. Sadly without Joe. Wish him the best.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

And so it is.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

@Cigarettes outro: I like how Mike screams just like Chester does, looks cool. :lol:

Michele

Yeah, that was fucking awesome :lol:

THIS DREAM WILL BECOME TRUE!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

It's the end of the tour already? :(

Michele

wow, why couldnt they play APFMH in Düsseldorf :/

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

The crowd appeared great, via the snapchats. Awesome to finish with such an enthusiastic crowd!

thor

thor Well-Known Member

FINALLY!! End of the tour. Bring on LP7!!

JonasTheRoman

That escalated quickly.

:D

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Can't say I don't get hyped too...

JonasTheRoman

I wonder if we will hear about this collaboration in London already in the nearer time, or not until 2016.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I know it's cliché for me at this point, but this is ridiculous. Nine Inch Nails changes sets up all the time and their production is of higher quality and complexity than LP's.

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

That comparison is beyond cliche,...