Linkin Park & Fort Minor: September 5, 2015 - Düsseldorf, Germany

Discussion in 'News' started by Filip, Sep 4, 2015.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Germany! Ready to continue? Linkin Park and Fort Minor play Düsseldorf's "Rock im Sektor" festival tonight, September 5.

As Fort Minor is on the bill before Linkin Park tonight, let's deal with that first. This is Fort Minor's first show in Düsseldorf, and the fourth in Germany. You can read more about the two shows they played in 2005 here, and we'll focus on the Berlin show they played just a few days ago. Despite it being only the third full show since Fort Minor's return, everything sounds absolutely massive, and we already got a change in the setlist. A few days before the show, Mike offered fans a chance to vote on which song should be added to the setlist. The winner of the poll was a fan favorite from the Hybrid Theory days, "High Voltage". To make things even more interesting, instead of performing it in it's original album version, Mike mashed it up with The Raid: Redemption OST's closing song, "Suicide Music", and added a new beat to the second verse, sampling the Wu-Tang Clan classic song "C.R.E.A.M.". This gave the song a whole new feeling, as there's a very nice contrast between the cold, modern beat of "Suicide Music" in the first verse and the old school beat in the second verse. The song also got a new outro, titled "Funky Rebel Break". This was the first time "Suicide Music" was performed live in any form, and the first time since 2001 that both verses of "High Voltage" were played. You can check out a video of the performance below.

Another novelty to the show was a new intro to "Until It Breaks", but unfortunately no videos of it have surfaced yet. For tonight's show, we can expect the same set performed in Berlin, but that's nothing to be upset about. The show still feels so new, and fans attending get to see Linkin Park just a few hours later. So, let's move on to that.

Linkin Park is the festival headliner, so their set is the last of the night. This is Linkin Park's second show in Düsseldorf, the first being way back in June 2008, just a day before filming their live DVD "Road To Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes". At that show, the band played the standard Set Z, opening with "No More Sorrow" and closing with "One Step Closer". Not many unusual or interesting things happened at this show, except Chester saying he believed the German team would win against Spain in the Euro 2008 Final, which was a day after the show. Unfortunately for the German fans, he was wrong. Today, thanks to the wonder that YouTube is, we can watch the full show in HD.

The bands last show was in Berlin on September 3rd, and the setlist was slightly different for the first time in a while. Unfortunately, for the wrong reasons. Due to a family emergency, Joe could not play the show, but his tech Warren Willis filled in for him. Because of this, Joe's Solo Medley was dropped from the setlist. It's currently unknown if Joe will be present at tonight's show, but it seems unlikely as he had to fly out back to the US, and the tour comes to a close in less than two days. This was the first time Joe missed a Linkin Park show in his career, leaving Rob, Mike and Chester the only members who were present at every Linkin Park show. Here at the LPA, we wish Joe best of luck with whatever happened, and hope he is back as soon as possible. Another slight change was made to the set to make up for the lack of Joe's Solo Medley, as Mike rapped a verse from Fort Minor's "There They Go" over the bridge of "Bleed It Out", before Chester conducted the regular sing-a-long with the crowd. This was the first performance of "There They Go" in any form in over six years, with the last one happening in Okinawa, Japan way back in the August of 2009, and only the second time ever that Mike rapped a verse from "There They Go" over "Bleed It Out". You can check out a performance of "Papercut" from the show below.

So what can we expect from tonight's show? Well, some more changes. Since Fort Minor plays just a few hours before Linkin Park for the same audience, they might drop "Welcome" and "Remember The Name" from the Linkin Park set. Since Joe will most likely not be present either, his Solo Medley will not be performed, so the show would be about 10 minutes shorter than usual. This leaves a question of whether the band will just play a shorter set, or if they will bring in some songs they haven't been playing on this tour. It's certainly not impossible for the band to bring in some old fan favorites like "A Place For My Head" or "Crawling", since we're sure the band could play those in their sleep by now. It's a bit less realistic for the band to debut a new song live just two shows before the end of the tour, but it's also a possibility. Then again, the band may as well choose to keep "Welcome" and "Remember The Name" in the set.

After this show, the band will end the tour in Rome, Italy on the 6th. However, Fort Minor still has a show in London on the 8th. We can assume the band will go back to the studio after these shows to work on their seventh studio album, as they are free of touring until November, when they one have one show in Tempe, AZ. It's currently unknown if more tour dates for November will be announced.

Will you be attending the shows today? Do you think Joe will play? What happens with "Welcome" and "Remember The Name"? So many questions! Join the discussion in our forums!

Remaining tour dates:
    September 6: Rome, Italy, Rock In Roma - Linkin Park
    September 8: London, England, Scala - Fort Minor

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

At first: Great Post Filip, you did a fantastic job. You deserved your pinky contributor status. :shifty:

I will attend to the show, but its more spontaneously, just bought the ticket some days ago :lol: But i think this will be awesome, especially if i can see Mike solo :)
    But the combination of the other bands is such weird, while Kraftklub is more a pop-rock and Broilers are a Oi!-Punk band, that doesnt fit somehow :lol: Doesnt change the fact that these bands are great too. Turbostaat is a punk bad which i will be surprised to see, so :popcorn: The last band i dont even recognize the name :lol:

Also if i saw that set mostly the last year i am so happy to see my favorite band this yea again. Such a great year for live performances of my favorite bands :awesome:

Maybe i met someone here.

Duragon

Duragon Well-Known Member

He sampled parts of Suicide Music. And I especially dig that oldschool hiphop feel to the remix he did.
    Damn i wish i could see that show.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Man I would kill to see Mike's FM show live. Too bad all the shows are happening thousands of miles away from me.

Michele

And i am on my way.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

You, lucky you... :kappa:

master360

master360 Well-Known Member

We need that CDQ on LPUXV

Michele

So FUCKING awesome.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Tell us more! :awesome:

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Tell us everything! :awesome:

Michele

So, now i am alive again i can tell you something about my evening. For your interest, i will just mention Fort Minor and Linkin Park.

Fort Minor:
    I was worried how Mike would manage such a huge mass of people to be honest. But wow, that was amazing how he controlled us. It started with Petrified, which was so fucking amazing. With the first sound, the people followed him. Cigarrets, High Road was cool and this WTCFM mashed up in Believe Me was fantastic :headbang: Maybe my favorite moment was the Until It Breaks/Where 'd You Go mash up. So Great :cry: And High Voltage, fuck yeah :headbang: You feelt that the people explode as Mike mentioned " a song from 1998" :lol: He rocked his show without a question, sadly he just had 30 mins so he didnt performed the HHH/WFTE mash up :/ But all in all it just was fantastic.

It starts with...

Papercut: As the intro of Papercut appeared, there was nobody who didnt screamed. Holy fuck. That was one fucking goosepump moment. They all singed along to Papercut, which was a really good way to start the show. Chester and Mike really killed it.
    Given Up: The song was cool thought, but i think they should just replace it with No More Sorrow or A Place For My Head. But Chester did a fucking great job here. That scream :awesome: All in all a solid performance of the song.
    Rebellion: So great that this song is back in the set. The people explode as the song started and fucking jumped :lol: Mike was cool and Chester totally killed the bridge :) This song should stay in the set a bit i think.
    PoA: A "classic": I just love the vibe this songs bring with it. The chorus was amazing
    One Step CLoser: Another song where the people went wild. Not my favorite one, but definitely a good performance from the band.
    A Line In The Sand: The moment i expected the most. GOOSEPUMPS as the first sound appeared and the moment Mike finished his first part, the crowd went crazy as hell. Brad also did a amazing jon here, same with Chester and Phoenix. SO FUCKING COOL :headbang:
    From The Inside: Fuck Meteora :kappa: Seriously, i totally forgot about this song and was morte then positive surprised as they played the song. Was a cool performance for sure, especially the crowd was fantastic in here.
    Runaway/Wastelands: The two songs i like the least in the set. Maybe it was just this or this performance was a bot boring. The crowd liked it for sure.
    Castle Of Glass Experience: Oh i love this version and live its a killer. The whole crowd jumped the fuck out of their bodys :lol: Love the WJL bridge. Fits perfectly.
    Ballade Medley: Fuck. This was one emotional highlight: SO beautiful that the whole crowd sung the LOATR, SOTD and the Iridecent parts. I had some tears in my eyes :cry:
    Robot Boy: Well, not so much to tell about this one.
    New Divide: Good to see the full song back in the set. The band and the crowd were fantastic here. I love that bridge :awesome:
    Breaking The Habit: :worship: Thank Yo LP for bringing this song back. It was great. Sadly it was "just" the normal version without the outro where the crowd sing along with Chester.
    Darker Than Blood: :wat: Why LP :lol: Surprisingly, many people knew that song :lol: Most be the LPU members :3
    Burn It Down: With Runaway/Wstelands definitely a song i wouldnt miss in the set if they would replace it. Was a cool performance by the crowd thought
    Final Masquerade: Was a nice feeling to hear the song live again. Was nice to see how many people could sing along to this :)
    Remember The Name: Well, nothing to say about this one: Mike just can controll the crowd how he want. Such a great performance.
    Welcome: That was beautiful. Especially with all the "Welcome" and "Refugees" signs up in the air. And nice to hear Chester in the last chorus sing along with Mike. Love it :)
    Numb: A classic. And so the crowd honored it with a loud sing a long. Great one.
    Faint: Time to jump again. This song has so much nergy, definitely one of the most fun songs live. And this was also shown by the band. Cool performance.
    In The End: Well, as the first sounds dropped, there wasnt anybody there who doesnt scream and explode. So fucking good :worship: Mike and Chester killed it again andd again and again.
    Waiting For The End: Oh, nice to hear the people sing a long with this song. Love the Wall Of Noise outro.
    What Ive Done: Brad solo is always great here. Should do it more times in the set imo.
    Bleed It Out: Last song as always. But such a fantastic atmosphere. Everyone clapped during the song and the bridge was cool too. Chester played with us with some "ohhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhh"s :lol: That one was a fun one.

WEll, fuck i was dead after this show. This time the band killed me. It was a fantasic atmosphere in the FOS area where EVERYONE singed along to EVERY song. Maybe this makes it so fucking good. Definitely one of my concert highlights and the best LP one of the three times i saw the. This performence kicked the last one in November so hard in the balls, it hurts. Maybe because of the LPU, but this crowd was so fantastic. ALITS is definitely a highlight in the set for me and the Ballade Medley was a emotional one here. So many emotions. I didnt know when i sweat so much the last time :lol: And i met a LPA member there, finally i find someone who could talk as much about LP as me (beside you guys :p ). He agreed with me, that this one was a special one. And Brad celebrate himself more than usual after the concert, i think the band had a lots of fun yesterday. Such a great performance, WOW. And also all the other bands were great. Such a fantastic time. And the best, i lost 1kg yesterday :awesome: I need to visit more LP concerts, its good for my healt :kappa: I think for the next tour i will buy a LPU membership to try to win a M&G to talk to them.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm glad to hear that crowd was good.

Michele

I was shocked how amazing they was. The last concert i visit there wasnt even near as good. Could be that many LPU members was in that area, but everybody enjoyed the hell out of the show. It was so great.