Fort Minor: August 26, 2015 - Copenhagen, Denmark

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Aug 25, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

We welcome Fort Minor to The Nordics! Bring your mittens and snow shoes!

While Mike has played in Denmark with Linkin Park a few times before, they have never been fortunate enough to have a Fort Minor performance before. On the small European tour Fort Minor did in 2005, the Nordics were skipped completely. The only Fort Minor songs we've gotten to hear are Bloc Party and Petrified rapped on the intros on Points of Authority. Two of those were in Finland and the last one was actually in Denmark. You can see that in the video below.

The latest Fort Minor performance was the full comeback show in Los Angels. This show brought out of special stuff worthy to talk about. I'm gonna link the full show below so you can see it. Let's just start out with saying that except for High Road and Welcome, no song in this set is in it's original form. They're all remixed or mashed up in some way. Mike brought out some unperformed songs for the set, including "Dolla" "Devils Drop", "Kenji", "Cigarettes" and "Until It Breaks". Devils Drop had a Mike playing guitar on it and a beat added. Kenji was performed over the remixed Recharged remix of Castle of Glass. Cigarettes had a new instrumental with a ending consisting of Mike screaming with heavy effects on his voice. After that it went into the previously unplayed verses and chorus of Until It Breaks, the instrumental then kept going, leading into Where'd You Go, which until the second verse still had parts the Until It Breaks instrumental in it. The only straight forward mashup was Waiting For The End and Hands Held High. Then there were songs like Beleive Me that had a remixed beat and Mike rapping verse one of When They Come For Me where he would normally rap verse two of Belive Me.

Pheew.. Even with that wall of text there are things that haven't been talked about, so watch the video for all the changes. It's really worth a watch.

So what can we expect from Fort Minors debut in Denmark? Well I'm going to the show and I can say that I don't expect or even hope for anything other than this set. It looks and sounds awesome and I wanna see it as it is. It would however be easier for him to include other songs into this set, as there isn't a whole band required to learn a new song. It just takes Mike and an instrumental played over the PA. So.. start requesting stuff I guess?

After this show Fort Minor has a show in Berlin on September 2nd and after that a show in London on September 8th before the last scheduled show as of yet, just a few hours before Linkin Park at Rock im Sektor on October 5th. I wonder if Mike will still perform both Welcome and Remember The Name in both sets at the show..

Are you going to this show? I am, and I'll be at the Meet&Greet as well, so if you see me there come up and say hi!

So what do you think? Looking forward to the YouTube videos of this show? Do you think Mike will anything new to the set? WILL Mike perform both Welcome and Remember The Name in both sets at Rock im Sektor? Come and discuss in our forums.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I'm going to the show as well, and I honestly don't think he will change the setlist.
    Which is fine with me.
    I am especially looking forward to hear Kenji and Cigarette.
    Hopefully the crowd actually knows a good portion of the songs, lol.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

So he performed a remix which contained a remixed remix? Remixception :wacko:
    (Ok, technically it is a mash-up containing a remixed remix, but I count mash-ups under remixes :D )

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

So happy that he had added a London show so will be watching out for setlist news on social media

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

The setlist is still very fresh so there's no real need for it to change. Along with that, the shows are rare, so it'll be a while before Fort Minor fans (who are already way more appreciative than Linkin Park audiences on the whole) actually get sick of it.

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Really wish they'd to a pro-shot of one of these FM shows, i'd easily buy it.

Kevin

This show was so fucking amazing. Just... insane.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, I had pretty bad concert experience. First off, the concert hall was extremely hot and the venue has horrible ventilation. I could look past that, because the show itself only last around 50 minutes. But then, of fucking cause, Mike is half an hour delayed. Why? Don't know, the laptop amd keyboards must have been really hard to connect to the speakers.
    This probably wouldn't have bothered me half as much, if it weren't for the fact, that I had to catch a train at 22:30, and the half hour delay made me miss the last two songs.
    So how was Mike? He was pretty good. Weirdly enough he actually sounded quite uncomfortable while speaking. Which he did A LOT. He also forget a few more words than usual while rapping but no biggie. I will say this, Mike did sound pretty good while singing, so there is that.
    How did the music sound? For the most part okay, but the speakers sounded kind of off for some of the more "banger" tracks and didn't really synergyze too well with Mike's voice.
    The weird thing is, the venue is perfect for punk music, but it didn't work out quite so well for hip hop.
    There where a few awkward moments as well, for example the "amen" chorus in HHH left the whole crowd in more or less silence.
    Overall honestly one of the more meeh concerts, I have been to. The show itself wasn't bad, however.

Ram.

Ram. New Member

I was there as well and... we must have attended a different concert because my experience was totally different from yours. It's true that the venue wasn't very well ventilated. About he delay I must admit that it doesn't really bothers me much when concerts are a bit delayed, I believe is part of their act as an artist to just grow some expectation and not come out just in time.

The set was great and there were a couple of surprises which nobody expected. In the first row the sound was really amazing and have no complains on that end :)

Very special and intimate concert to me :) sorry to read you didn't have the same experience.

Cheers!

Drunkn Munky

Drunkn Munky Active Member

Just curious, was there any FM Merch available ? ( like the awesome black T-Shirt ;D )

Ram.

Ram. New Member

Three kind of t-shirts where available, the black with FM on front and welcome on the back. A t-shirt featuring welcome artwork and WELCOME lettering on front, and a tank-top with some artwork from WELCOME. Vinyls and caps were available too.

Just in case anyone missed out Mike¨s story on Snapchat about the show, I uploaded if to YouTube :D Enjoy!!

[video=youtube;YsFuak4dzq4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsFuak4dzq4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

FUCKING BURN!!!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I think i invest my moey good in the show on Saturday :)

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

[video]https://youtu.be/nENlBVmV_rM?t=2510[/video]

Kevin, is that you?

Kevin

Yep, that's me