Refused

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Alexrednex, Jun 27, 2015.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

The Return of Refused
    Refused, the Swedish hardcore band originally broke up following the release of their CLASSIC 1998 album The Shape of Punk to Come. Then, after their 2012 reunion tour, they announced that it was decisively over. But after all that, earlier this year, Refused announced a world tour. And now, they're putting out a new album. The new album, Freedom, is out June 30 via Epitaph.
    "It’s not a reunion anymore," said frontman Dennis Lyxzén in a statement.
    "This is one of the most radical things we’ve ever done, both musically and lyrically."
    "Nobody wanted us to fuck with the image of the band who makes a great album and splits up," said drummer David Sandström. "Nobody wanted us to dilute it. That actually provoked us."

Tracklist of Freedom:
    01 Elektra
    02 Old Friends / New War
    03 Dawkins Christ
    04 Françafrique
    05 Thought Is Blood
    06 War on the Palaces
    07 Destroy the Man
    08 366
    09 Servants of Death
    10 Useless Europeans

New music released:
    [video=youtube;wRMXTvsCBwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRMXTvsCBwQ[/video]
    [video=youtube;4sqx7jGPyTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sqx7jGPyTY[/video]

What are your thoughts on the band, the new singles? etc.
    Are you going to listen to Freedom when it comes out?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Shape of Punk to Come is one of my personal favorite punk records ever made(I know this is how I usually start all my threads but yeah), and so far these new singles have been pretty great(while kind of familiar and not as revolutionary as TSOPTC).
    Surprised how good they sound after being separated for around 15 years.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

It still need to fully check these guys out. I've loved everything I've heard thus far off of both The Shape of Punk to Come and Freedom, so I may just pick up both of those albums once I get my paycheck this Friday.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

The new album is fucking DOPE!

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

Reminds me of Foo Fighters only faster. XD

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Having listened to the album multiple times now, I can say I really like about half of it. The other half isn't really doing it for me (yet?). They definitely didn't take the easy road and make something that sounded like "The Shape Of Punk To Come", I can appreciate that.

Personal highlights: Elektra, Old Friends/New War, Françafrique, War On The Palaces and 366.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

I know these guys are legendary, but I never really got around listening to them.
    I finally might have to check them out! (I'm a huge Raised Fist fan, another legendary Swedish Hardcore/Punk band)
    What I've heard so far sounds awesome!

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

I'm not a big fan of the new album. My favorite song is Old Friends / New Wars. I love the catchy guitars. Destroy the Man and 366 sound like leftover tracks from the Shape of Punk to Come.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I have been listening to the record a whole lot of times since the leak / release. Great one! Dawking Christ, Electra, Old Friends / New War, Francafrique, and 366 are probably my favorite tracks so far.