June 27, 2015 - Mack, CO: Loudwire Music Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Jun 26, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[thumb]http://www.lpassociation.com/upload/images/062615-113200_loudwire.png[/thumb]​

Linkin Park returns to Colorado.

For the inaugural Loudwire Music Festival, Linkin Park is headlining night two! The state of Colorado has had their fair share of Linkin Park performances, reaching 14 concerts over the years. And yet, they have never performed in the city of Mack, where they are performing this time. The band was in Colorado last year, on The Carnivores Tour with 30 Seconds To Mars and AFI. Before that, their last Colorado performance was on the Honda Civic Tour with Incubus and MUTEMATH. Both of these two most recent performances took place in Englewood, a place they also visited in 2001. For their second show in 2004, their only show in 2007 and 2008 the band only played in Greenwood Village for their Colorado stops. For the bands Colorado Springs stops, the years 2000, 2002 and 2004 were your years. The 2002 stop brought us a video of One Step Closer and the whole 2004 show was recorded from the audience and is a great watch. Videos of both will be below. And so, we’ve come to Denver. Linkin Park has performed five times here and their visits to Denver includes shows in 2000, 2001, one later in 2001, 2003 and finally in 2011.

[video=youtube;6UzX6sgsJ7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UzX6sgsJ7I [/video]
    It was recorded at the Colorado Springs show and used by MTV Asia when the band won an award

[video=youtube;0nBlEcQ1KI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nBlEcQ1KI0[/video]
    -Insert smart comment here-

Linkin Park has just finished up a two show run in Mexico where they brought out a new setlist. Rebellion was set to be played at their Mexico City show but the band skipped it and the next day it was removed from the setlist. They also brought back Final Masquerade from it’s summer 2015 missing status, much to the approval of the fans. Points of Authority was also brought back into the set. Crawling was reviewed in it’s original album version, something that hasn’t happened since the Download performance in 2014, a full year ago. Mikes Solo Medley was removed in favor of a shortened version of Remember The Name and the new Fort Minor song Welcome, played by the band and not solo by Mike.

At their most recent show in Monterrey, before Crawling started, Chester dedicated the rest of the show to a fan named Christopher, a fan who had been at the show in Mexico City and sadly passed away on the day between the two shows. Video of that is below and we wish to extended our condolences to Christophers family for their loss.

[video=youtube;CD8fqZhVS1s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD8fqZhVS1s[/video]​

So what can we expect from this show? Well, unlike the two Mexico shows this is another festival show so there might be a chance they go back to the same setlist used at shows like River City Rockfest and Rock on the Range. If so, will it revert back to the full Mike Solo Medley or continue like they have for the last two shows?

After this show the band closes out their "North American Summer Music Festival Run With A Surprising Number of Festivals With "Rock" In Their Titles + Two Standalone Shows In Mexico" run in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the June 30 before taking a few weeks break before heading to China and starting their five show tour there, visiting new places like Nanjing, Shenzhen, Chongqing and Beijing.

Mike will also perform a solo show as Fort Minor on June 29 in LA at The Exchange.

Will you be attending the show? What do you think the band will change? What will Mike do at his solo show? Come and discuss in our forums.

Setlist:
    01. Papercut (Extended Intro)
    02. Rebellion
    03. Given Up (Extended Outro)
    04. One Step Closer (Extended Outro)
    05. A Line In The Sand (Extended Keyboard Intro)
    06. From the Inside
    07. Runaway [Shortened] (Wastelands Transition)
    08. Wastelands
    09. CASTLE OF GLASS (Experience Version; Martin Luther King Jr Speech, Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    10. Leave Out All The Rest / Shadow Of The Day / Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    11. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Instrumental)
    12. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches and Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Head)
    13. New Divide
    14. Breaking the Habit
    15. Darker Than Blood [Shortened] (Synth + Acapella Only)
    16. BURN IT DOWN
    17. Remember The Name [Shortened]
    18. Welcome (Extended Outro)
    19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)
    20. In the End
    21. Faint (Extended Outro)
    22. Waiting for the End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    23. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    24. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Sing-along; Ext. Ending)

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

"North American Summer Music Festival Run With A Surprising Number of Festivals With "Rock" In Their Titles + Two Standalone Shows In Mexico"

:rofl:

Pat

Pat LPA VIP LPA VIP

I LIVE IN EUROPE AND HAVE NO MONEY FORFUCKSZAK!

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

So glad Final Masquerade is back, I remember everyone losing their sh*t when that was played in London, was crazy

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Great work on this post, Kevin!

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Kevin, Kevin he's our man. If he can't do it nobody can!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

[​IMG]

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I know a lot of people who would rather leave the song dropped but it's so good to see the band playing Breaking the Habit again! Classic song that I never understood why they dropped it in the first place (unless they got bored of it, but still).

Great to see it back. One of the few Meteora songs I think should always been in the setlist!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Yeah, BTH is really one heart of a song. So so good, especially live.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'm 100% okay with BTH not being on the set. 4 songs from Meteora feels too much. Especially when you consider the disservice that is only THREE songs from your latest album that are all played and done within the first 30 minutes of your set.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Chester hasn't delivered a decent performance of BTH in a few years. Its clearly a song he struggles on nowadays. No point in playing something he can't perform.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

Crawling and New Divide can go before Breaking The Habit as far as I'm concerned. Breaking The Habit is on the list of songs that Chester isn't that great on, though.

Calem

Calem Banned

Yes, I agree. I love ''Breaking The Habit''. Definitely my favorite song off of ''Meteora''. I think it has a good spot in the current set list and it's cool to hear the song performed knowing the background story of the song, etc.