Anyone here a fan of Backwordz?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by freddurst, Jun 1, 2015.

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

These guys sound a lot like Linkin Park. They are a new band that will be releasing their first EP later this year.

[video=youtube;aqz5l1Hl_bI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqz5l1Hl_bI[/video]

Jam that til it hurts!!!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

That's the direction I'd always hoped Linkin Park would go in after Meteora – getting heavier while allowing Chester to scream more as well as continuing to focus on Mike's rapped vocals.

That said this doesn't sound anything like Linkin Park. The rapping and guitars are far more aggressive than almost anything Linkin Park's ever written. Some riffs remind me of Adema or Trust Company more than Linkin Park. And the vocals are literally nothing like Linkin Park, rapped or otherwise. Just because something combines metal/rock with hip hop/rap doesn't mean it sounds like Linkin Park.

Anyway, I quite like this, to be honest. I've been listening to a lot of music from my high school days recently and this takes me back.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I'm against bands that replace "s" with "z" in anything.

inb4 someone thinks of something I like with "z" instead of "s"

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing it is the same singer throughout the song lol.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

honestly not even ashamed to say i thought this was sick..until the chorus lol

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm getting some Atreyu vibes coming from the song. I'm not seeing the Linking Park comparison though.

EDIT: I just listened to Elitist, and I'm pretty far from impressed. It feels like the lead vocalist tries way too much to be a "bro" while having "problems" with other people's opinions all the while trying to convince the listener that he is one of them.

I also find it funny that the clean vocalist said "foreal" as whiny as he did.

I'll be staying away from these guys.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's not. The rapper's doing the rapping and the heavier/screamed vocals and the guitarist is doing the regular singing vocals.

freddurst

freddurst I DID IT ALL FOR THE NOOKIE

Here's the link to Elitist for those of you that haven't heard it yet.
    [video=youtube;V8kn3VO8v5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8kn3VO8v5s[/video]

They also just released a cover of Eminem's Till I collaspe. It's wicked awesome!!
    [video=youtube;hA8_tviKEdU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA8_tviKEdU[/video]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015