LPTV: DRAWBAR

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, May 1, 2015.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

A new episode of LPTV has been uploaded to the Linkin Park YouTube channel. This episode shows the writing Linkin Park did on Drawbar with Tom Morello. It shows Mike, Brad and Tom jamming out pieces of what would become the song live in the studio. We also get to see another jam with Tom, Brad, Mike and Rob on a song that didn't make it onto the album.

You can check out the episode below.

[video=youtube;0sf0Uu5XSGQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sf0Uu5XSGQ[/video]
    Last episode was for All or Nothing, can we expect episodes for Guilty All The Same and Rebellion?

Remember to subscribe to the Linkin Park YouTube channel for new episodes of LPTV and all the other videos from the band.

What do you think of the episode? Come and discuss in our forums.

Source: Linkin Park YouTube

Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

Interesting video, though I was expecting more. Hmm. I guess the final track they out on the album was actually pretty straightforward.

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

That jam they start playing at 0:20 sounds way better than Drawbar. Honestly they missed a great opportunity with Tom to play something kickass for the album. I honestly was expecting something like Wastelands. Drawbar is a very nice song, but its nothing the band couldn't have done on their own.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I liked Drawbar because it wasn't something that you'd expect to hear from Tom Morello. That jam that was at :20 was something that you'd expect to hear from Tom Morello. If the jam at :20 made it on to the album, there would be more of a "Linkin Park TRYING to do a Rage Against The Machine song" argument. I'm happier with defending what we got out of this. Also, Tom's hat is great.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Not to mention that the whole "LP could've done this on their own" argument is kind of stupid to begin with. It's not because the song is exactly technical or doesn't sound like a RATM-esque track that they could've done it on their own. The heavily effected guitarplaying on Drawbar still is very Tom Morello-esque. The song would've been a different song without Tom Morello, it's as simple as that.

Sure, it's a simple track, but that doesn't mean it's "bad" or inferior by any means.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Drawbar sounds straight out of The Last of Us, one of the reasons I love it.

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I knew it! :D

Now I feel a bit sad. I just imagine how awesome it would be if I would be talented enough to do such a jam. Making music with others in such a natural way must be so inspiring!
    I'm glad there are people like LP who make music I like "for me", but man, I feel like listening to the music is just half of the fun. But I am missing the talent to make music myself. :(

I knew someone would say that! :D
    I see your point, but I guess if they would have chosen the other song instead of Drawbar, people would've mourned after Drawbar. It's comparable to Primo (although that version of I'll Be Gone was still quite refreshing!).

Personally I'm glad the band chose Drawbar, because it sounds so special to me. I wouldn't want to miss the song anymore!

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Pretty cool, i think its a cool wy to make something totally unexpected with someone like Tom. Hopefully we will also see the new LPTVs with Rakim and Daron.

Vic

Vic No game no life

Good, good LP. A little late but is better than nothing. Please let the next be MTG!

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

It seems like they're focusing on the collaborations, so I think GATS or Rebellion is more likely, particularly Rebellion since we had a couple of videos on GATS before the album came out.

tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

I liked this episode. I would like to see more, but it's great that they let us see this tracking session that would later become a simple interlude.
    I really hope they share with us the entire session in a LPU, as this demo version sounds longer than the album version. And the album version makes me to want more!

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Hope they make a video for Mark the Graves.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

+1

But not like this one though, needs more content.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Agreed. This video was really scratching the surface.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I never liked this line of thinking. The band never would have come up with that idea without Tom Morello, without the exact series of events that happened. It's something that came out of improvising with him, and, then, the idea which came out of that was refined a little. All with Tom Morello present and involved.

Sure, Linkin Park could do "Drawbar" on their own now, but, then, so could you or anyone; the idea is now there to be imitated.

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

Next LPTV will probably be Rebellion.

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Doubt we'll get a(nother) Rakim LPTV. :)
    [video=youtube;YGlP-MY9oxc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGlP-MY9oxc[/video]

Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

I agreed with you at first but then I remembered Rebellion. Daron Malakain's riff is pure typical SOAD, but i've seen no one accusing LP of trying to to a SOAD song as you say would be the case.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I love how spontaneous this all appears to have been.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Valid point. I like "Drawbar" more than the idea of an RATM-esque LP song, just personally.