Official 'Game of Thrones' Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Will, Apr 12, 2015.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Given that today's date is 12 April 2015, with the premiere of season five mere hours away, I thought that it was high-time to start the official Game of Thrones season five thread.

Remember to tag your spoilers with the [noparse][/noparse] tag, so that you don't ruin anything for anyone else.

And, please, don't spoil upcoming potential plot points with spoilers from the books. The show's deviated quite a bit from the books at this point, so it's going to be practically fruitless to do so anyway.

It appears that the first several episodes have leaked, so if you've seen them, feel free to start discussing them.

edit —

Well, there were a couple things I couldn't bring up without specifically referencing the books, so if you must reference the books, please make it very obvious what you're posting is a book spoiler so that people don't accidentally read book spoilers which may potentially spoil future storylines in the show. Also, if you could post which book it's a spoiler from, that may make it easier when deciding whether or not to read a particular book spoiler, depending on how far some may have gotten in the books.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I posted in the old thread. First 3 leaked for sure. Supposedly 4 have. So crazy they let 40% of the season leak before it even officially premieres. Somebody is getting fired.

Will

The first episode was good.

There was one thing that stood out to me above everything else, but I can't really get into it without referencing the books, because I can't remember which parts of what I'd be talking about have been brought up in the show.

travz21

Finished the first 3. Dany's storyline is still horrible. The story is moving way too slow in all the different arcs. Watching one episode a week would be brutal. There are a lot of really good moments though. Just hoping the pacing picks up.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I don't know if I want to watch the leaks. How's the quality of the leaks?

Will

Decent.

I'd say it's a little better than regular broadcast quality but less than 720p.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
    travz21

We see some nice tits. And some firm male asses. Maybe I was expecting too much but the first 4 episodes haven't thoroughly impressed me. I heard that this season will start to spoil the book readers, so hopefully things will pick up and we'll start getting to juicer plot points. So far there has been too much of the same old stuff that's been going on for a season or two.

Will

I've watched the first four episodes. Here are my thoughts.

— The pacing's way too slow compared to what I'd expected, considering that they're supposed to be deviating from the books more and more.

— This season only has one returning director from past seasons and it's pretty obvious.

— Speaking of the deviations, I thought I'd be able to handle them, considering they'd said ahead of time that there were going to be plenty of deviations, but I can't. At this point, the deviations don't make any sense to me.

— Don't read this unless you've seen all four episodes: Prior to the new season, I was a little worried when I saw that Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) and Ian McElhinney (Barristan Selmy) weren't added to the main cast, and were instead still listed as part of the supporting cast. Well, my fears were confirmed, as both characters seemed to have been killed during the same fight with the Sons of the Harpy. It's devastating to me. I loved Selmy's character, and it's clear to me now that McElhinney's the actor who threw his script across the room when he found out that his character was going to be killed this season, because he'd read the books and he knew Selmy was still alive and playing a very important role in Slaver's Bay, even taking over POV chapters from Dany when she goes missing. And I didn't feel anything for Grey Worm in the books, but Anderson's portrayal of him endeared him to me and made me look at the character differently when I read the books a second time through. I can see Grey Worm surviving the fight and Selmy being the one who dies, but I can just as easily see both of them being killed. It's clear at this point that Jorah Mormont is going to be "replacing" Selmy and taking that character's storyline from the books, meaning that he clearly is able to redeem himself before Dany.

— Brienne's storyline is grasping at straws at this point.

— Stannis is the fucking man. Spoilers: I can't wait to see his march on Winterfell. That shit's going to be nuts.

— I'm going to bring this up, mainly because I need to type it out. This goes back to my last comment, about how I didn't think I should bring it up because it's based more on the books than the show, but I'm going to bring it up anyway. So shut up. Don't read this if you haven't gotten caught up to the end of A Dance with Dragons. Anyway: Melisandre thinks Stannis is Azor Ahai, but if Jon's storyline plays out the way I think it's going to, it's really Jon who's Azor Ahai. Melisandre asks Jon if he's a virgin, to which he replies that he isn't, and she replies simply with, "Good." Now, this could've been because she was going to try to seduce him and convince him to ride south to Winterfell (which she doesn't succeed at doing), or it could've referred to the fact that she's seen Jon's murder in her fires, so she's going to bring him back to life by burning his body and resurrecting him as Azor Ahai. Part of the story of Azor Ahai is that he forged his sword, Lightbringer, by murdering his wife; I think Melisandre asking Jon if he was a virgin was to find out if he'd ever truly loved a woman. Later, when she's trying to seduce him, he denies her, telling her that he's still in love with Ygritte. Jon got Ygritte killed, which many believe is a "requirement" for Azor Ahai's return. I think Melisandre knows that Jon is a secret Targaryen... I think the show's going to confirm this season that Jon is really Rhaegar and Lyanna's son.

— I love Sansa, but her storyline this season is going to drive me crazy.

— One more spoiler: The return of Jaqen H'gar was... unexpected. I'll be interested to see how they handle a later storyline that allegedly involves him. We'll see.

Filip

Just watched the premiere. Not particularly stunning but I enjoyed it. I liked Jon's story and Cersei is on point with being an annoying cunt.

Will

Cersei makes me so fucking mad. Lena Headey does such a fantastic job portraying her.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

"Can I drink myself to death on the road to Mereen?"

:rofl:

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

I have to say, those episodes were boring for me right up until the final scene of the 4th one. Of course that just had to be when the leaks ended lol.

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

"Can I drink myself to death on the road to Meereen?"

Such a baller line.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

You can stick your order up your bastard ass.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]

Filip

The first three episodes weren't too exciting. To think of all the stuff that happened in the first 3 episodes of S4... Anyway, hopefully it picks up soon.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Excited to come back to GoT having watched all the leaks

Will

I was just thinking this earlier this morning. I was kind of underwhelmed by the leaks, but I think that might be because I marathonned them so I didn't get a chance to really appreciate each episode before moving on to the next.

Filip

To be honest I go to wiki to read the plot of last weeks episode before I watch the new one. That's how little impression they left on me.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I think that's partially true. The episodes really haven't been as exciting. I marathoned through the first 4 seasons and those were awesome. I don't feel quite as excited now