The Rooster Teeth Thread

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by brady, Mar 17, 2015.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Well, I decided for all fans of Rooster Teeth on here to make a thread to discuss the videos and other things about Rooster Teeth and it's other offices, including Achievement Hunter and Funhaus. Feel free to discuss all aspects of Rooster Teeth, just try to refrain from posting videos. With the amount of content that they post this thread could become cluttered if everyone started posting their videos. I will allow trailers for upcoming shows to be posted.

I'll start off this thread with the Lazer Team trailer (which is what brought me here to make this thread).

[video=youtube;TI455Z37o30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI455Z37o30[/video]

For a crowd funded film, this looks awesome. From what we've seen, this movie looks very professional and lifted any doubts I had before. I can not wait for this to come out.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

GOD DAMN IT, BARB.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Last time I actively watched Rooster Teeth, RTX debuted for the first time, RWBY was still a teaser and Lindsey and Barbara were newbies.

What did I miss?

brady

Well a lot. RWBY has had to seasons so far and is in preproduction, but was delayed due to their main writer and animator Monty Oum passing away about a month ago. Red vs Blue season 13 is due to release on April 1st with a trailer being up on YouTube. They made a movie called Lazer Team seen below. New people who have arrived are Jeremy, Matt, and Kdin (appart of the AH build crew), not sure when Ryan arrived but he is apart of the Let's Play team. I'm gonna guess if these people are new to you or not: Brandon, Chris, Blaine, Josh, Jon, Ashley (Burnie's girlfriend), Meg (Gavin's girlfriend) and probably a bunch of other behind the scenes people and voice actors. And there also a bunch of new shows, especially for Achievement Hunter, that you'll find eventually. I recommend you check out On The Spot.

And just recently, six people originally from Inside Gaming left them. Rooster Teeth then picked them up, and now they are apart of the Rooster Teeth company officially called Funhaus. They have their own channel and are located in LA. But now whenever there are collabs between Funhaus and Austin RT there is always arguments in the comments about how x people aren't funny, blah blah blah. I personally love the Funhaus crew, and I recommend you check out their Stranded Deep let's play.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

It's hard to believe how big RoosterTeeth has gotten.

I've been a fan of theirs since season two of Red vs. Blue, so I'm an old hat. It's amazing, the things they're doing these days. I'm glad I stuck with them. I'll always have a special place in my heart for those cockbites.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Monty was my cousin. Well, second cousin. But in an Asian family, degrees of separation don't really matter that much. I had always meant to visit him since he moved to Austin, but never got the chance. In keeping to his memory I've made more of an effort to get out there with my passion; trying to get my name out there as a vocalist and joining a production of RENT. It just sucks being able to find hundreds of tribute videos in the case of needing a good cry.

brady

Oh wow, that's cool and sad at the same time. I never really realised how dedicated he was to his work and how much of a workaholic he was. It's sad to see that time was his only enemy and was ultimately what ended his great work. I know Burnie discussed this on the tribute podcast, but it's like he had a sense of when his time would come, so he worked harder than ever. He produced such a huge amount of quality work that many will never accomplish in a full life time. He's one reason as to why I want to become a graphic designer/3D modeler.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Yeah, I'm thinking about catching up on RvB in the summer. I'm wowed at the fact that Rooster Teeth has become well-known now in the media and other gaming sites. Ryan was already there as a part-time guy when I watched, and I'm glad he's now part of the Let's Play team. I already know Chris and Brandon (he's actually one of the older ones there, since their old office above the bakery).

Do they still do the RT shorts? And is Gavin still on-and-off because of SloMoGuys or is he permanent now? Also, did anyone major leave? Last person I know who left is Griffon.

Also, is Achievement City still alive? And is it super-commercialized now? :lol:

brady

For a while they didn't do RT shorts, but they've made a few recently. Gavin is permanent, he still does Slow Mo Guys, and even if he does take a little time off to do Slo Mo Guys, its never noticeable. And from my knowledge no one noticable left, besides the whole Monty situation. And Achievement City is alive and well.

brady

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Been a RVB fan for a little while, but just got into the site as a whole very recently. Going through the all the podacts right now. Like it a lot.

brady

Yeah I always enjoy listening to podcasts and doing homework. Makes doing homework a lot less boring while not having to take my attention away from my work.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Also, just watched the new episode. It's gonna be a good season. :)

brady

I know! The animation improved vastly from the last season. It's quicker (which was many people's main complaint) and better looking overall. I wonder how long it took to make this episode since it's over eleven minutes of pure animation.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Didn't Monty do a lot of animation work? This had to be a rough season to make.

brady

Not Season 12's animations. They have a different team of animators working on Red vs. Blue animation after Season 10 (which is why there is such a huge style change in the animation between Season 10 and 12). Monty's main work has been with RWBY for the past couple of years, which makes huge problems for the future of RWBY. I know they've confirmed that they are making Season 3 of RWBY, but I'm curious to see what the animation will look like.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

Judge me all you want, but the only videos I ever watched from this channel were the Rage Quit ones (and the occasional GTA fun challenges they used to do).

brady

Watch Red vs Blue! All the season are up on their Red vs Blue channel. So go watch all 12 seasons right now!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Seriously. Red Vs. Blue is fucking amazing. Especially when they get into the more complex stories.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

I found that once the original format ended, I lost interest completely. I didn't watch it for a real story. I watched it to laugh my ass off, which those didn't provide for me.