Possible Fort Minor News Approaching?

Discussion in 'Side Projects' started by Broman, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Recently, a new Fort Minor instagram page has been made which appears to be official because Mike himself is following it.
    https://instagram.com/fortminor/
    The profile picture contains a blackened image which similarly occurred with the official Fort Minor Facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/fortminor

Our friends down at Lplive have done a bit of work and found that the profile pictures aren't actually blacked out images, but rather some type of encrypted artwork. This was done simply by editing the image with the use of paint.
    https://scontent-gru.xx.fbcdn.net/h...1_10204315610839120_6211512878988666003_o.jpg

Additionally, they have picked up that the fortminor.com domain has been renewed & updated as of October 11, 2014. The link now directs you to Mike's official site, which of course has Fort Minor social accounts.

This may or may not be the start of something new for Fort Minor, but at the very least is a good place to discuss speculation and updates.

Edit 1: the domain fortminormilitia.com has been updated 5 days ago and redirects you to the LPU site.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Wait, how exactly is this artwork encrypted and how was it decrypted? Not to be rude, just curious.

EDIT: Yah, I just checked the FB page, those aren't blacked out images :chuck:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

They used paint, not sure how exactly (more than likely inverted), and also used pinkmonkey (which ended up giving a red toned image). The images from the FB profile picture and front photo look like they may be pieces to a bigger image.

EDIT: This may or may not be a good indication of what the image could be. Looks like a Dragon or Lion
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=814751625227494&set=p.814751625227494&type=1

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Hoping for a new FM album. If it's as good as The Rising Tied it could be the 2nd best album of the year (if it came out this year).

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Hope he steps his game up a lot.

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I was beginning to think this would never happen. While obviously nothing's confirmed yet, this is still nice to see.

I just hope this doesn't sound anything like Mike's rapping on THP.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Tried running all the images through one of those programs that turn images to audio... nothing :(

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Are you serious? The Hunting Party has some of (if not the) best rap deliveries by Mike, lyrics can be debatable, tho you certainly can't complain about them either because Fort Minor, while brilliant for the instrumental compositions, had some very bland rapping with VERY lame lyrics.

"100% reason to remember the name, Mike
    He has orange juice every morning
    Gotta brush his teeth even tho it is very boring

Mike's hopping to the school bus, hope he makes it
    Eaten bbq with ribs, but he didn't make it"

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Its a sign....no new music confirmed.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

If there's new FM I hope Mike takes it as an opportunity to feature his singing vocals more. I'd be cool if instead of rap he'd sing this time round cuz, lately most of his rap verses have not been too good. (excluding WTCFM and UIB)

GraveDigger388

GraveDigger388 Nothing's gonna top my Jacky

Mike is one motherfucker that always tease me terrifically....Sooo curious of what will be revealed

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

Now look at what I did with gimp.
    Looks like a dragon's face. But the body (I suppose) doesn't fit.
    Definitely look stylized like FM's style of art (weird proportions and such)...

--10994170_441965249306359_3812515307933231987_o.jpg

-10994170_441965249306359_3812515307933231987_o.jpg

That's so exiting man :D

Edit: Ok, Broman had already posted similar photos.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Dragon's Head? Me gusta :CUMULUS:

Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Same thing with the Facebook page guy's. I think he's gonna do something while Chester is with The Stone Temple Pilots.

10997698_441964969306387_1738040208236960835_o.jpg

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

We'll just have to agree to disagree, then. I think THP had the worst lyrics he's written to date, they're absolutely meaningless and downright cringe-worthy at best. Sorry, but I'd take lines like "At times like these you start thinking, your first breath in and the clock starts ticking" any day over "I'm a 5-star general infantry controller". If I have to hear any shit like that on any of these songs I will lose all interest I had in it.

His delivery isn't even good there either, especially on "Keys to the Kingdom", I couldn't even take it seriously. He pretty much ruined some of the songs on that album for me.

Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I love how my opinions are so contrary to everyone else's. All for Nothing and Keys to the Kingdom have some of my favorite Mike raps.

If we're gonna talk about cringe-worthy raps, look no further than Meteora. Or better yet, Bleed it Out. I personally like all those songs, but those lyrics are worse than any of THP's raps.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Eh, I think that "Bleed It Out" is at least half-decent

polleo

Hey, bleed it out is pretty cool.

Bleed it out >>>>>>>>All for nothing.

I also like the rap on KTTK, don't know why people don't like it, it's not meant to be taken seriously :lol:

I'd take THP raps over the Fort Minor raps any day though. Except for Red to Black :wub:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

I like BIO, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of criticizing the raps from THP for not having much meaning when that entire song was based upon having to rewrite songs. And candy-painted hearses, trenches, and hand grenades. I personally prefer AFN to BIO.

polleo

Well that's the deal, bleed it out had a theme and a vibe, AFN is fun but it's just general anger if that makes sense? Like with Bleed it out, the rap matches the moody party vibe they were going for and it enhances it. In comparison, the all for nothing rap is redundant, it's very lazy. And the lines are pretty dumb.

Also, the bleed it out rap was different in terms of lyrics coming after Meteora, AFN's flow was cool but it's the same dead horse Mike's been beating for years. He's done the same thing with way smarter lyrics even. Could've rapped about anything else.

As much as I am fine with them, like people here say, the raps on THP are excessive in most parts aka the song would be just fine without them. ALITS is such an example, the song would be fine without his revenge rapping but it has to be there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.