Other Music Suggestion: General Artist Discussion Threads.

Discussion in 'Feedback & FAQ' started by Minus, Feb 11, 2015.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

As the title of the post implies, I think with the removal of the necroposting rule, we should start doing something to the effect of the ETS forums and just have general discussion threads for an artist. I feel like we limit conversation by just having a thread about say, Hollywood Undead's new album (the thread I just came from) when we could just have a catch-all thread for anything Hollywood Undead.

From there we can list all the General Discussion Threads in a stickied post.

General Discussion would be used for opinions on the band, song discussions, album or concert news, et cetera. I'm not sure how I feel about the "List your 10 favorite songs by ______" topics being separate, but that seems okay as a separate thread.

But all in all, I do think we can do some massive improvements for existing and future members by having centralized artist threads.

Thoughts?

EDIT: If everyone is cool with it, I would totally be down to just start creating Discussion Threads and compiling a list to be stickied.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I like the idea but I don't know about stickying them. That'd clutter the top of the forum, no? Unless I'm misunderestimating what you're saying.

edit —

Wait. Never mind. I definitely misunderestimated what you said. Carry on.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Definitely agree something like the list for threads of each artist should exist. I'd also be willing to help.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Just merged my NIN list thread with the main NIN thread.

TobinKnowsBest

TobinKnowsBest 20.03.1976 - 20.07.2017 LPA VIP

I like this. If I discover a new band, "xyz", and I want to discuss my newfound love for them, I could quickly search through the Other Music thread list for "XYZ General Discussion".

If there already is a thread - great - I continue the already existing discussion with my thoughts.

If there isn't, I simply create a new thread for this previously undiscussed band and get the ball rolling.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Not too sure about stickying as that could result in about 30 different stickies and that might be a bit insane. General threads for artists is a great idea however.

*EDIT* Misunderstood what you said just like Will :lol:.