Tom DeLonge- "Songs Without a Home"

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Blake, Feb 6, 2015.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

Tom DeLonge- "To the Stars: Deos, Odds, and Ends"

Tom DeLonge is now releasing a full album that was once coined as "Songs Without a Home"

They new date for this project is April 20th and you can now pre-order many different packages here: http://shop.tothestarsinc.com/tom

Information on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialto...1055970583417/884086124947061/?type=1&theater

Here are two preview clips posted on Instagram:

http://instagram.com/p/ykWMlmruwM/?modal=true
    http://instagram.com/p/ykOKmkru9Y/?modal=true

Release history:
    March 9th- Song 1
    March 23rd- Song 2
    April 6th- Song 3
    April 20th- Full Album

Anyone else excited for this? I'm hyped!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Dragondust

Dragondust Lingering distortion LPA VIP

I'm really looking forward to this!

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Not excited for this at all. My taste towards Tom's musicianship and vocals as a whole peaked after the S/T. It's just been downhill from here. I'm not expecting good things.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think the clips sound incredibly boring, personally. They're not unique at all.

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Well fuck Tom, whose fault is that?

They're not great. Sound like more AVA b-sides.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Very mediocre. Also, shut up Tom. Boxcar Racer was good but you're a poisoned guy.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Butthurt because Tom's a known douchebag who's overindulgence in his self worth is very off-putting? It's not our fault the guy is pretentious while being absolutely mediocre at everything he does.

Not everyone has to agree with you and the people who don't aren't "butthurt".

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Minus

Pretty sure you're the first Tom apologist I've run into, which is saying something. One of my friends thanks AVA for saving her life in a dark time and even SHE'S pissed at Tom for fucking up Blink again.

And even that aside, it doesn't sound inspired in any way. There are musicians, artists, authors, etc. that I despise whose work I can still respect and appreciate. My prejudices aside, what we've heard just doesn't sound good at all.

Blake

This is all very fair. I shouldn't have post that, in all fairness. I agree though, there are artists you can respect but dislike.

Surprisingly, I know a decent amount of people who are supporting Tom, or not necessarily supporting him but still are following him and excited for future projects he has to release.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

"Love" is probably the best piece of music Tom has been involved in but A&A's new record is very underwhelming.
    As a casual Blink 182 listener I honestly think "Neighborhoods" is musically and lyrically their best album.
    And while Tom seems like he has been acting like a complete douche to the other band members, I think all "fans" should be happy that he finally left the band(since it's probably for the best).

With that said, I don't understand the hate for these snippets.
    The first one sounds like a classic Blink 182 pop punk jam, which is the kind of music people have wanted to hear from Blink 182 for years.
    I am personally not a big fan of Blink 182 at all but solely based on the music "objectively", the first track actually sounds like something fans have asked for(and if that's the case, why care who it's coming from)

Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Neighborhoods was fine but Dogs Eating Dogs, even if it was just an EP, was a huge step up and I'm disappointed we won't see where that could have progressed.

TheRadiance

TheRadiance Guardian

Blake

Blake

Blake

New song from Tom. It's so good D:

[video=youtube;CytDKfobkXc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CytDKfobkXc[/video]

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I saw your shout so I decided to give it a listen.

Tom's vocals are as bad as ever. I don't know who ever told him he could sing, but he can't. Well, I mean, he can sing better than I can, but that's not saying much at all.

The song itself... well, it's boring and generic, and absolutely nothing stands out. D'you think he's ever learned how to play anything other than basic chords and power chords? I guess the bass is alright, but those goofy-ass drums don't fit with the song at all; it sounds like he was going for a "Travis helped me with this" vibe, when he clearly didn't.

I don't know, man. I don't know how anyone can just blindly like everything a band does like you do. No offense, of course. I just don't get it. Even I hate some songs by Funeral for a Friend.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

This song is so underwhelming.
    It's empty of atmosphere and doesn't really strike me as a "grower".

Minus

[​IMG]

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Really like the chorus, the rest is a bit tame. It is a demo though. The most disappointing thing about the song is that you can where Mark + Travis would have really progressed it.

Blake

I hate The Party Song.

And it's not blindly liking,I legit like every other Blink-182 song, I like every BCR song. I thing every AvA song is at least average. I legit like them, I'm not blindly stanning.

To quote Minus, he once said that it is possible for an artist to have no bad songs. This is their job, if they do their job right, they should have no bad songs.