What happened to the Lisa Ling's "This is Life" song that Mike made?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by KuruMoro, Jan 30, 2015.

KuruMoro

KuruMoro New Member

This song [video=youtube;GHvH2oMMD-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHvH2oMMD-c[/video]. It sounds great and I would love to hear it in it's entirety if anybody knows where I can find it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I think it was created (or just provided) solely for use on the show, rather than for anything Linkin Park-related. A soundtrack release for a reality show like this is extremely unlikely so you're probably never going to hear that music outside of the show itself.

KuruMoro

KuruMoro New Member

Man, that's a little depressing :/

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

In my opinion, there's absolutely nothing interesting about that instrumental (or the excerpt of it that we can hear) unless you count the fact that it hasn't been officially released to us Linkin Park fans, which I do not. :rolleyes: It's a throwaway. Shinoda has made plenty of tracks exactly like it in the past which you can hear in full.

KuruMoro

KuruMoro New Member

I think it sounds good in my opinion, I agree with what you say though. It reminds me of the track that he made for the 2005 MTV Awards called Catharsis. I guess that's why I like it. Haven't really heard too much of that kind of style from him since around that time. Refreshing in a way, to me. :p

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

It'll probably show up on an LPU CD years down the road under a different title with Mike having no recollection of actually using it for anything.