The Hollywood Undead thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Hishaminayat, Jan 27, 2015.

Hishaminayat

Hishaminayat Active Member

Anyone has any info? I heard nothing about it since "Day Of The Dead" dropped.

Nu h8 plus.

lovablepanda

lovablepanda Well-Known Member

Darn I was hoping this thread would have new info.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

It's rumored to release in early 2015. So some time this spring I'd imagine.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Hopefully it will stay unreleased so the masses will be spared from the ear-rape that this band is.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I was thinking the same thing. I can't believe people enjoy them. Their music aside, I've always heard they're all a bunch of assholes, too. Oh, well, to each their own, I guess.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I used to like Hollywood Undead, so I can empathise with their fans a little bit ... but I grew out of that so hard that there was whiplash :lol:

brady

Just ignore the whole no hate thing, why don't you. Holy shit, just let people like the music they like. No need to throw yourself into this thread just to express your hate for a band.

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Welcome to LPA <3

:kappa:

brady

Could an admin change the thread title to "Hollywood Undead New Album: Day Of The Dead"?

Official album promo:
    [video=youtube;r0rsAQHwURo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0rsAQHwURo[/video]

Album set to release March 31st, with pre-orders going live on the 17th of this month.

Honestly, that song used for the promo is pretty bad. Day of the Dead was okay, just like the rest of their promo singles, but this new song is just so bad. The whole "I think I've lost someone" sounds okay to me, but the unnecessary dubstep and bad rapping just ruins the song.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Read the first post in the thread. Specifically,

It isn't our fault that we (quite understandably) read that as "Nu hate +"

That this isn't a nu-metal bashing thread is both an affront to our senses and proper spelling.

brady

I can understand that that spelling absolutely atrocious, and I personally read "No hate please." Why would he/she create an album to discuss the new Hollywood Undead album then ask for people to hate on it? It's just common sense.

Even if you couldn't understand that, why go to a Hollywood Undead thread if you hate them and think they are 100% shit. Seriously, what's the thought process? "Oh, a new Hollywood Undead thread! Now I can waste my time expressing my distaste for this band so I can make it known to people who like this band that they have an absolutely shitty taste in music!"

I fucking hate Kanye West and his music. But that doesn't mean I go to his thread and spend time writing how much I hate him and think his music sucks. And I have the same problem with "The Worst Linkin Park Songs" thread. That thread is just asking for an argument to arise, and it's such a waste of time to. Thankfully a lot of people on here take that thread as a joke, but still.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

A thread is for discussion. Whether or not you agree with the opinions expressed in a thread should have no affect on what kind of opinions can be expressed in said thread and future threads. You choose to not express you distaste for Kanye West. I choose to express my distaste for Hollywood Undead because I have the right to do so as a member of this forum.

There's no reason to get is butthurt about it. Negative opinions are a thing. Some people will talk about them. Learn to deal with it. Will wrote a negative opinion in my Coldplay thread. Do you see me getting all angry about it? No. Because his opinion is just as valid as mine.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    brady

Oh I'm okay with negative opinions. That's why I love the Session thread because you can discuss what you like or don't like about a song. (Key word: discuss)

"Hopefully it will stay unreleased so the masses will be spared from the ear-rape that this band is."

How is this productive at all? What discussion are you hoping to get from this? Oh wait, you aren't trying to start a discussion. This isn't productive and you're just throwing your hate in here because this is just another opportunity to hate on this band. That's it.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

We're talking about the ear-rape that is Hollywood Undead now. I personally agree with that opinion. That comment currently is being pretty productive.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Like Tony, I used to like this band when Luke first introduced them years ago. I don't know what came cover me because they're quite frankly, horrible.

My opinion on the "nu h8" (btw, if you don't want hate why would you choose to exemplify the stereotypical ridiculous as fuck cringe-worthy spelling that is the rape of the English language if you do not in fact want hate?) is that negative opinions are just as valid as positive ones if they're coming from a place of rationality.

I propose a question. If one were to post "Fuck this! And fuck this band, and this album. Hollywood Undead are awful" and another posts "Hell yes! Love this band, and I'll love this album. Hollywood Undead are awesome" which comment would be more valid?

Neither of them would be because opinions are subjective. That's what makes them opinions. If you're only going to allow positive opinions or thoughts the entire thread becomes a farce that is just one big circle jerk of narrow mindedness.

brady

It really isn't when this thread is for discussing the details on the new album. This thread isn't called "Express your hate for Hollywood Undead." It's not being productive, don't lie to yourself.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

So we're only allowed to say we're excited for the album and all other opinions don't matter? No.
    The "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" argument is and forever will be nothing but bullshit. Negative opinions are a great addition to discourse and without them the world would just be one lame rock.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Arguing, bashing, and hatred is the entire point of the Internet.

This is the Nickelback thread of 2015. Gotta love it.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I shall come in

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I understand this point of view, but I'm still going to have to agree with Echo/B-Rad here. Bashing the band contributes absolutely nothing to the thread, same goes with blindly praising them. However, just like other threads on the "Other Music" sub forum, this is for discussing a band/artist's new album (Which isn't even out yet). If people come here to make an irrelevant post that's not related to this new album whatsoever, then it does nothing to further the discussion. Leave this for the fans to discuss this band's new music.

If someone wants to go ahead and create an "Opinion on Hollywood Undead?" thread, then people can feel free to shit talk the band as much as they please. There's nothing wrong with criticizing something, but when a thread's literally called "New Hollywood Undead album?", coming into to post "This band is garbage" contributes nothing to the purpose of the thread. When the album comes out and anyone who finds it to be dog shit, then they can come back in here and say they fucking hate it. At least then it's actually relevant to the thread.

I am not a fan of "Hollywood Undead" by any means and I have no intent on listening to this new album, so therefore this thread isn't for me and I have little reason to post here. Posting about how much I dislike them is nothing but a waste of my own time, and will only disrupt the thread from fans (What little there are here, clearly) discussing them.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015