The Hollywood Undead thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Hishaminayat, Jan 27, 2015.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I feel like we go about topics in the Other Music section the complete wrong way. We shouldn't be making threads for "X's new album" or "Y dropped a new single today".

What we SHOULD do and what I've already seen happen with a couple of threads is just make an all-purpose thread, a la Echoing The Sound forums. For example: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39030

This started off as an album thread but was later repurposed to be a catch-all for anything NIN. It allows for a better flow of discussion and makes things easier to find. These can all then be documented in a stickied post listing all general discussion threads.

That way, instead of making a new topic for random news, we can have centralized discussions about anything involving band A or singer B.

Just a thought. Limiting conversation to just Hollywood Undead's new album is just that: limiting. Why not have a thread to just DISCUSS Hollywood Undead?

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

Now this I can agree with. It seems far easier to simply make an all-in-one thread for any band/music artist. The only thing I ask for out of these is a civilized discussion. If someone likes or dislikes the band/artist, then state why. Be productive, post news and info regarding the band. Discuss their new music with others, whether good or bad. Like Minus has already stated, it has happened already with "Nine Inch Nails", "Imagine Dragons", "Coldplay", and a number of others. It should just be a rule at this point.

At least then there's no derailing the thread, and you're free discuss to whatever you want about the band/artist whether you like them or dislike them.

Although, I feel like if the thread title here gets turned into just "Hollywood Undead", it'll just become the "Nickelback" thread 2.0. Which is still fine anyways, at least any and all discussion would be welcome rather than just limiting it to their new album.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Just name it Hollywood Undead General Discussion Thread (or take the Thread out if need be). We can get the mods to get it changed to allow more free conversation. Even though I joined in on the hate I don't think it would be as incendiary to be able to come into a thread and say you dislike/hate said band. Maybe verbage should be respected though.

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Cosign

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I used to listen to these guys. I don't anymore. Might check out the album though.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

And I don't disagree with this at all. I'm not opposed with more open discussion and I won't have a problem with this bashing (though opinions should be respected for both sides). But you can understand my frustration when I come here to talk about the new details on their new album just to see people filling this thread with pointless bashing that doesn't contribute to the thread as it stands.

brady

Sorry for double posting, but it'd probably be best if an admin to just close this current thread and I'll start up a new one focusing on all of Hollywood Undead, not just the new album.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'll just rename the thread for you.

EDIT: this is now the Hollywood Undead thread. All your "this isn't a general HU thread this is about the album!!!" comments are now moot. :sleep:

Mr. Awesome

Mr. Awesome Well-Known Member

Even though I don't like Hollywood Undead very much, but I do understand this thread was exclusivly made for the fans, not the haters like some of the users here. I hate Taylor Swift and Kanye West and I don't post any "He, she, or they suck monkey balls" comments on certain other threads here. As much I believe in the First Ademedment, but I also believe in self-responsibilty. I find it pretty hypercritical when some people make trollish comments just to be a little trouble maker and later make a "freedom of speech" comment as an excuss, which is a very weak and pathetic. That's not being self- responsible, that's stupidity and being an ass.

At other forums, some users had been kicked out for making the "what sucks" replies on certain "fanbase" related threads.

brady

Got it, thanks

So for those of you who haven't heard, Hollywood Undead's new album Day of the Dead is now available for pre order, and with that they released a new song, Usual Suspect.

[video=youtube_share;2Ukzphbm8HA]http://youtu.be/2Ukzphbm8HA[/video]

For my opinions on the song... well it sucks. This is the type of song that makes the hate for Hollywood Undead totally justifiable. The lyrics are absolutely craps, some of the worst they have written yet. The rapping is pretty awful besides the bridge. And the only thing this song has going for it is the catchy chorus (which Danny's vocals aren't all that interesting, unfortunately) and the nifty guitar part in the bridge. That's just about it. I didn't expect much from a promotional single, but this song is so much worse than the title track.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Whoa, whoa ... you can't say that in a Hollywood Undead thread :kappa:

Jumping on drumstep years too late, though ...

brady

You wanna fight?!

Cause I don't.

TEGCRocco

TEGCRocco The LPL Invader

That... that was awful. The verses make Mike sound like a rap god and the instrumentation sounds lazy and uninspired. The chorus is the best part of this song, and even that is pretty average.

snailharvest

snailharvest nice

i used to like these guys back in 2012/2013...absolutely fucking shameful :lol:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

............. Why did I listen to that? :timothy:

brady

Quality song, right Gibs? :kappa:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Never forget this tragedy.

[video=youtube;X5HdGtVPIlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5HdGtVPIlo[/video]

I swear, the people in the comments claiming this sounds absolutely nothing like Don't Stay are either deaf or just morons.

brady

Fuck Deuce. Thank god they kicked that asshole out of the band. Not to mention Danny's voice is far superior to his.

EDIT: He sounds like a fucking dumbass in this interview.

[video=youtube_share;IwGR9ARdQhg]http://youtu.be/IwGR9ARdQhg[/video]

So much ego, so much dumbass.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    brady

I'm double posting so I can update information on the album.

Hollywood Undead has released a new song from the album, Gravity.

[video=youtube;lFBnDhirtEw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFBnDhirtEw[/video]

In addition, here is the full tracklist of the deluxe version of the album:

1. Usual Suspects - 3:47
    2. How We Roll - 4:45
    3. Day of the Dead - 3:55
    4. War Child - 3:58
    5. Dark Places - 4:39
    6. Take Me Home - 3:48
    7. Gravity - 3:19
    8. Does Everybody in the World Have to Die - 3:17
    9. Disease - 3:31
    10. Party By Myself - 4:10
    11. Live Forever - 3:40
    12. Save Me - 3:27
    13. Guzzle, Guzzle - 3:39
    14. I'll Be There - 4:01
    15. Let Go - 4:16
    16. Ghost [Bonus Track] - 3:21

And here's the album art:

[​IMG]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for my thoughts on Gravity. Wow, this song is a huge step up from Usual Suspects and Day of the Dead. While not spectacular lyrics, they are definitely a step up from the past two singles, dealing with the weight of fame. Also, Danny sounds so much better on this track than Usual Suspects. To be honest, Danny sounded pretty dull on Usual Suspects, but his vocal performance is so much better on this song. I also like how they utilized Funny Man for this song. Funny Man singing more serious lyrics for the verses is not something that is usually present for Hollywood Undead. Overall, I'm loving this track so far.

Now for the tracklist. Just by looking at it, I've already picked out a few tracks that I am very likely to hate (How We Roll, Guzzle, Guzzle, Party By Myself). But other than those few, I don't really have much to say for the tracklist. Lengths stay at their usual 3-5 minute range (which, I didn't expect for them to change that). But Let Go does kinda intrigue me for the title and it being the album closer.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

This new one has some really weird 80s thing going on in the verses. :lol: