.m4p conversion to .m4a (or otherwise)

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Louis, Dec 26, 2014.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you techies happened to know of an effective and free way to remove the protection off of purchased iTunes files. Or, if this isn't possible, if anyone knows of any Android music players that can play .m4ps (which I'm not sure is possible but I thought I should ask)?

Thanks folks. I know this might be a Google kind of question but I'm getting varying responses from my searches and am in need of a more solid response.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

if u navigate to preferences, and hit "import settings", you can change encoder settings to whatever u wish, and then right-click on the track u'd like to "convert" and click "Create [file-type] Version". i believe that should do what u r looking for. and it's instant.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

If that even works (would work for MP3-AAC or vice versa, but I'd think Apple would prevent that for DRMed files) it transcodes the file from one format to another. It recompresses an already compressed file, so you lose sound quality.

AFAIK, no way to remove the DRM protection without transcoding the file and taking the quality hit, and no way for Android to play M4Ps. These must be some old files though, Apple hasn't had DRM on purchased files in years.