What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Star Trek Into Darkness - 6/10

Just bland all around except for the effects. That's about as mailed in as a script can get. Standard everything.

It would be cool to see a Star Trek without much violent conflict, shifting the focus towards the exploration and research of Starfleet. It could be darker and suspenseful like Prometheus, or just straight up mesmerizing like Avatar. They're making solid movies that get the job done, but they're so formulaic that once they're done I'll never think about them again. The first reboot was great, but it was something I have seen a thousand times before. This sequel was even more predictable to the point where it took enjoyment out of it for me. The villain(s) sucked and weren't compelling on any level, and the story was very basic.

I'm thinking if they went towards a concept like the Metroid Prime lore it would be really cool. I know they won't, but that would be something gripping instead of the usual no-brain blockbusters.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Iron Man 3 - 7/10

Wasted potential. Nonetheless, still a fun romp.

3. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Am I the only person who enjoyed both Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness? Star Trek left me panting for breath after every action scene, and the Mandarin reveal scene was one of my favorite scenes in the Marvel Universe franchise.

4. Squish Mitten

Squish Mitten I'm a five-star general; infantry controller.

You are not alone.

-----------------

Burn After Reading: 8.5/10
    Chad Feldheimer: [on the phone] "Osbourne Cox? I thought you might be worried... about the security... of your shit."
    Hilarious. Especially Brad Pitt.

5. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

The Hunger Games (2012) – Some quiet scenes lasted too long, but that's about the only thing I didn't like (the "shaky" cameras weren't a problem at all). Quite a fantastic adaptation. It didn't blow my mind though (maybe because I've only just read the book two weeks ago?). 8.5/10

6. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Shaun of the Dead (2004) - I went in with no clue on what the film was about (can you imagine? a very popular film from 2004?) and fucking loved every bit of it. The humour's great, the acting's great, lots of touching moments as well. A great movie! :fuckadoodledoo:/10

Hot Fuzz (2007) - You really thought I was gonna leave it at Shaun of the Dead? Narp!

Hot Fuzz, the second movie in the cornetto trilogy. At first, I didn't really like the movie as much as Shaun of the Dead. It started out really slow and had a pretty hard time liking the characters at first. Slowly but surely, though, the plot thickened and shit got real. The characters became a lot more likable and then the grand finale just blew things to pieces, leaving me wanting for more. I eventually liked this movie better than Shaun of the Dead, which is saying a lot. 9/10

7. _cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

It really is a simple story but the effects and timing were totally perfect! The crowd was worst like it's not even starting yet people were already screaming like WTF? People were making fun of it. I should have watch it alone in my room than in the theater. =/

8. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

The Boiler Room - 8/10

Found this flick online randomly. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Surprisingly Vin Diesel and Ben Affleck are featured as well.

9. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Haha Forgot about that movie. It was great.

10. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

We're The Millers - meh.

I wanna see The World's End so bad, but they're not releasing it in my country. It was on a list of movies planned for release, but they replaced it with One F***ing Direction Movie. Damn it!

11. Squish Mitten

Horrible Bosses: 7/10

12. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

"Moulin Rouge!" - What the fuck. The movie started off trippy as hell. Shit was happening. But it was awesome. The story was pretty good, but what really made the movie was the acting. The music was pretty cool too and the ending was great. 4/5

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  13. Squish Mitten

Seven Psychopaths: 6/10 I guess it was okay. But not half as good as In Bruges.

14. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The Heat - I haven't laughed this much at a movie in a long time. It's such a stupid movie. :lol: 10/10

15. MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

You're Next - 4 out of 5

It's so good to finally have a female lead that doesn't derp around. Just a very fun movie.

The Shrine - 0 out of 5

This is the kind of movie that makes you wonder how this kind of movie gets funding.

16. Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

elysium 8/10- Pretty fly shit yo. The only parts I didn't like was the big last fight (too much shaky cam) and touch of unrealism. Come on guys, you blew his fucking face off. There was no coming back...

17. The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

Jobs - 6/10 - The plot's pacing and arrangement is not very good, and they focus more on Steve Jobs' achievements rather than exploring his identity. Still, I've never seen Ashton Kutcher act this good in a movie before.

18. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Watched Kick-Ass 2 twice this week and the first one once.

Watched KA2 on pirate copy with a friend who had seen the first one, stopped 10 minutes in because the copy sucked so badly.

Saw Kick-Ass 1 with a friend who hadn't seen it, then went and saw Kick-Ass 2 at the cinema with him.

WHAT A FUCKING BLAST.

Lots of people didn't like it.. i fucking loved it. It's not as good as the first imo, but it's a really good sequel. Chloe Moretz stands out as Hit-Girl, just as she did in the first one. Plus, she's turned hot as fuck. I think the only character who competed with her was The Motherfucker. Chris has turned into one deranged fuck. And he's hilarious. His villian outfit is his mum's gimp suit for christs sake! :lol:

The Justice Forever group was awesome, but some characters were stupid and unforgettable *cough* Night Bitch *cough*, while others were hilarious or awesome (Colonel Stars and Stripes, Gravity Guy.)

KA1: 10/10, perfect movie imo.
    KA2: 9.5/10, pure awesome.

19. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:facepalm: Of course it sucked, someone filmed it in a cinema.

20. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

I know man. Some of the copies I get are good, but if they're bad we just throw them away or go to the cinema. Films I really wanna see I go to the cinema to see, but none of my friends had seen KA1 and the one who had didn't wanna sneak in with me, so I got the copy and it sucked. So I just rented KA1 on Sky when my friend was round and was like "fuck it, you are going to watch this movie and love it. and we are then going to see KA2."

He loved it, and KA2 :lol:.

Also, I only have to sneak in.. but i'm less than a year young to see it :L.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.