What movies did you recently watch?

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by Hybrid Soldier, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Not a movie but Neon Genesis Evangelion (The series)
    10/10. People need to stop shitting on Shinji, he is a realistic character. His emotions and actions are very reasonable. The ending is still as trippy good as I remember it from bootlegged copies from earlier days.

Movies

End of Evangelion.
    10/10.

I am still not sure whether or not this is supposed to replace the series ending or be an alternate time-line. I've read conflicting things.

Evangelion 1.11
    6.5/10

This movie is basically a completely reanimated and voice acted version of the first quarter of the series. There's some very minor changes but I can not in good conscience consider this to be a true adaptation. It's too similar to the original. It's gorgeous and the storytelling is amazing but as a rebuild of the series, it doesn't add much.

Evangelion 2.22
    10/10

Unlike the first movie in the Rebuild of Evangelion series, there's some major changes. There's new characters, there are characters that do things that other characters did previously. There plot furthers along on a much quicker pace and it ends almost where the ends despite there being two more movies to go before the tetralog that is Rebuild of Evangelion ends, ergo more story to tell.

2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

The Hunger Games - 8/10

Other than the shaky camera in the beginning, I thoroughly enjoyed this film.

3. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

The Cabin in the Woods (2012) - 3.5/5 - A fun, genre-bending roller coaster ride!

4. Liz

Liz ChainsawLiz LPA VIP

The Hunger Games 9/10 - A bit cliché, predictable. But still nice, and exciting!

The Avengers. On a scale of 1-10... Infinity xD Just AWESOME! My nerdy side fangirled wayyy too much xD

5. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Tropic Thunder and Pineapple Express

Been in a comedy mood these last few nights and hadn't seen either of these movies in a few years. Both hold up really well, but Tropic Thunder is more quotable.

"I'm just like a little boy playing with his dick when he's nervous."

6. travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I would agree with that. Found a DVD rip of it finally the other night. Pretty cool movie.

7. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

The Expendables 2 (7/10) better than the first one easily, but overall it was an alright popcorn flick. Some great one liners and cameos

Total Recall (2012) (7/10) Visually fucking amazing, everything else not so much.

8. Dizzy Slay

Dizzy Slay Well-Known Member

The Bourne Trilogy - 10/10 Flawless. Im surprised that they didnt rely on cliches like making the new girl his love interest just because one of them is a man and one of them is a woman lol. The ending gave me chills. Very well told story. Very well shot movies.

9. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

SLC Punk! 8/10

What I really enjoy about the movie is that it's character bits can be enjoyed just as much separately as much as they can be enjoyed in the context of the whole film.

10. Jeff

The Raid: Redemption - 10/10

Fucking brutal movie. Definitely better watching it in Indonesian with English subtitles, than the English dubbed version. Also, Mad Dog is a fucking beast.

11. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

This!

The Jungle Book - 10/10. Pure nostalgia! It has been more than probably ten years since I last saw the movie. Loved it!

Tangled - 8/10. Yes, I've been in a Disney mood! Tangled is a nice movie. Solid story, great animation (although I prefer 2D) and a crazy bitch as the villain. Love the humor in this one as well. I seriously hope Disney keeps making these kind of movies.

12. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

High Fidelity - classic

13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Detention (2011) - 7/10

This...was a very strange watch. It was like if Scott Pilgrim and Super had a movie baby. It's not a great movie, it's actually kind of dumb, but it's also very aware of the fact that its dumb. The fact that it embraces it so well makes it kind of endearing. It also has a lot of culture parody in it, lots of 90s and hipster references that are entertaining. Give it a chance if you're bored and don't want to watch anything that makes you think too hard.

Edit: Gonna amend my rating to a 6. With time I haven't found any further appreciation for this movie.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  14. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Prometheus 7.5/10 I think...

15. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

Scott Pilgrim and Super were some of my favorites of the last year... I need to check out this movie

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  16. Jeff

The Prestige 9/10
    Run, Fatboy, Run 7.5/10

17. Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

True Romance - 5/5 (1993) - You can't go wrong with a Tarantino script. Perfect film.

18. Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

The Viral Factor

6/10

High production values for a Hong Kong actioner film. Unfortunately, 'The Viral Factor' is wrought with flaws all around and features an annoying, generic OST. Ultimately, the flick does absolutely nothing to help the A-listers and/or the upcoming rising stars cast in this film; a waste of time.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  19. iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Detention - 6.5/10

This movie was fucked up, I don't even know how else to describe it. I did enjoy all the 90s references though, because I'm old enough to remember when all that shit was going on. That one scene depicting 1998 where people were wearing a lot of white and wearing visors upside down was disturbingly on point.

20. Maemi

Maemi Well-Known Member

My five last movies:

The Love of Siam (2007) - 8/10
    If Only (2004) - 8/10
    The Duchess (2008) - 7/10
    Awakenings (1990) - 8/10
    Tokyo Sonata (2008) - 8/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.