Page 381 of 500 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,620 of 9988
    LPA team
    Joshasa gave his opinion. Now here's mine: (in invisible text some *spoilers* are included)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon: 6/10

Since this is a Linkin Park forum, I'll start by revealing where Iridescent was played for those who don't want to go. Hilariously enough, the REMIX WASNT USED AT ALL. The intro piano part was used repeatedly in a lot of places and Mike's first verse was played in the middle of the movie after the decepticons destroyed Chicago. I personally thought it fit just fine. And of course, the song was in the credits as well.

Movie Review:
    I'm not sure why, but I really liked the second movie. This one on the other hand was average at best. For those who went for staring at Megan Fox, fear not, because Rosie Huntington-Whiteley fills that roll perfectly. Hell, the first 30 seconds of her appearance is a nice camera shot of her ass. Predictably, her acting is horrendous. If you thought Megan Fox was bad, get ready to be cluster fucked. As for Shia, I've always been a fan of his character in the first two movies. Unfortunately, the departure of Fox seemed to affect him and he just wasn't the same. He and H-W had zero chemistry. Or maybe Shia is just bored of these movies.

As for the story, it was okay. The biggest problem with it is that it's too damn similar to the plot of the second movie (there's some lazer thingy that the autobots need to destroy before it does something bad to earth. Also, Megatron takes orders from some random new character). The last 30 minutes of this movie are laughably identical to the last 30 minutes of the second TF. Another problem was the length. 2 and a half hours was just too damn long. There was too much unnecessary build up at the beginning and the action dragged out at some points. Furthermore, the comedic relief wasn't nearly as good as it was in Bay's past movies.

But as usual, the special effects kick some serious ass. And the movie was still enjoyable despite it's flaws. However, if you didn't like the second Transformers movie, you will be wasting your money on this flick. But even if you liked the second one, don't expect this one to be better. At least I didn't think it was.

P.S. And OMG the part at the beginning with JFK was laughably bad. Hahahahahaha (you'll know it when you see it)
    Last edited by Benjamin; 06-29-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Transformers 3: 7/10

Saw a great review which perfectly describes this movie: 5-star action, 1-star script.

Transformers: Dark of the moon-
    Awesome unless you are the type of person who is gonna bitch with anything that they put out. It was a good movie. I think most people that don't like it are the people that go into the theater already telling themselves they aren't going to like it, when they actually did

Quote Originally Posted by iNuBBiN View Post
    Transformers: Dark of the moon-
    Awesome unless you are the type of person who is gonna bitch with anything that they put out. It was a good movie. I think most people that don't like it are the people that go into the theater already telling themselves they aren't going to like it, when they actually did
    An extremely flawed thing to say there.

People who don't like to bitch about everything will just as likely hate the movie as much as those who do. And that's a stupid assumption that people like a movie but just tell themselves they don't. Learn to except the fact that some movies are shitty movies and Transformers may just as well be one.

Source Code (2011) - 3.5/5
    The premise was interesting enough to keep me engaged. Although three quarter into the movie the main threat gets eliminated, after that it ventures out into some other place... that aspect of it kind of dampened the element of being engaged. I thought Jake Gyllanhall was good, and even though I hate Michelle Monaghan, she didn't bother me in this one. Overall the movie was a notch above the average sci-fi thrillers, but the movie could've been more than that. Still a great watch.

Super 8 (2011) - 2/5
    What an underwhelming watch this was. I was expecting a lot more from JJ Abrams. It's like he took the template of 80s children/sci-fi/fantasy film and wrote his story based on it. I liked the mystery elements but once that was over, the movie lost its magic. From there on in it was just a bland monster movie. There were elements, like the old footage of the creature etc, that they could've delved into more but it seems like all Abrams wanted to do is to anchor the movie to 80s nostalgia.
    "When’s the last chicken you heard about come home from work
    and beat the shit out of his hen, huh?
    Doesn’t happen, ’cause chickens are decent people.”

Formerly known as Agent O

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta Hybrid's Avatar
    I just saw TF: DOTM last night and I enjoyed it. I thought it brought what was expected from a TF movie. There was 3 things in the movie though that I thought could have been done better. They are invisible as to not spoil anything.

1. What happened to Sam's parents? Were we just supposed to forget about them and assumed they made it alright? 2. How did the autobots make it off the shuttle again? booster rockets? I never remembered seeing them disengage. 3. When the group of autobots were captured and facing execution after starscream was destroyed, how the hell were they captured? Do we assume that they got over run by decepticons?

I know Dumbledore said that the movie was too long, but I feel it could have been a little longer to fill in these holes. If there is an extended edition when it comes out on Bluray, I will not hesitate to get it. I feel like Bay had cut a little too much to make it at that 2.5 hr long movie. Same can be said about ROTF too. Overall, though, I did enjoy this movie. They did a great job again of retelling history with the flight to the moon and Chernobyl. I still think an extra 10-30 minutes more would have done nothing but finish the story off a little more. If you like transformers, explosions or chicks with British accents, I recommend this movie for you. I saw it in IMAX 3D and had a blasty blast.

*EDIT* I did get chills when the first verse of Iridescent played in the middle of the movie. It was amazing how well that song fit.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 06-30-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Take it how you take it, I'm the opposite of vacancy

Currently co-producing the wEEKnIGHT pSYCHOPATH EP MKH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent O View Post
    ...but it seems like all Abrams wanted to do is to anchor the movie to 80s nostalgia.
    There was a large, obvious intention to emphasize the super 8 cameras of the day I liked Super 8, a lot, because I didn't go in expecting something that would look as sci-fi as Star Trek, and I got the best out of it, but that's just me

Transformers: Dark of the Moon on the other hand...

LPA team
    I couldn't agree more Agent O regarding Super 8. I couldn't have put it better myself.

And Hybrid, I like you and respect you, but saying TF3 should have been LONGER is downright silly. And now I have more to say to you in invisible text:

1. Who cares? Lol. A bigger problem was the lack of Megatron since he's THE bad guy in the movies. It's a damn shame that he had no roll in what is most likely the last movie in the franchise. I'm not sure what Bay was thinking there.
    2. I'm fairly certain Optimus explained how they survived the shuttle. I'm pretty sure they said that they weren't even on the shuttle to begin with. They hid in a secret location as the shuttle was being launched.
    3. The last thing we needed was another 10 minutes of action just to see the autobots get captured. I'm not sure why you think that's something we had to see. I mean, the autobots WERE way outnumbered. I think it's safe to say they just got captured due to lack of men.

Currently co-producing the wEEKnIGHT pSYCHOPATH EP MKH's Avatar
    Me too, me too! Invisible cloak, on!

1. RIGHT? THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING! WHERE THE FUCK IS MEGATRON? It's like no Joker in Batman or no Venom in Spider-Man. Wait, they basically didn't have Venom in Spider-Man, because 20 minutes at the end doesn't count, and that was only one of the many reasons that movie was shit.

2. They were hiding in one of the booster rockets that disengaged before Starscream fired on the shuttle. The plan was to never leave, and Sam hinted to Optimus that "no human would ever know", possibly passing onto him that Decepticons were listening in.

3. Fucking agreed. 2 hours and 37 minutes of mindless blowing shit up, with 2 minute romantic intervals woven in.

LPA team
    Ah, regarding point number 2, you're right MKH. That's what it was. I knew that I was being a little inaccurate. I wasn't paying full attention at that part

Regarding point number 2, I know they explained it, but maybe like a flashback scene would have helped... maybe not even 30 seconds of a cut/slashed scene...

To my other points, I just think that if I were in the editing room, maybe I would have figured a better way to cut the film to show things. When I watch a movie, I don't like to assume. The point of a movie is to be very passive in your thought process, in my opinion. It's being told a story. I don't think that you have to assume and make shit up as you go along.

As far as Megatron goes, I think more Megatron would have been good, but he also got his ass kicked at the end of ROTF. I think they portrayed him as a beaten and shamed leader quite well. The lack of Megatron made the impact of Sentinel that much more though. When Megatron does his final betrayal, it's more believable since he was sitting on the sidelines.

and...

Am I the only one that felt the ending wasn't done right... Standing in the middle of Chicago. It just seemed too sudden, in my opinion.

LPA team
    It sounds like if you were an editor all of your movies would be 3 hours long . Longer doesn't equal better. There was no reason for Bay to show that one seen that you wanted to be shown. Speaking of it was just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore View Post
    Longer doesn't equal better.
    Is that what she said?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Is that what she said?
    No, I believe that is what the pervy old wizard said.
    R.I.P. Taylor Weir 1993 - 2013

Runnin this thang / Money insane / Busy getting brain like Krang / What, what's my name in the woods got these people usin' MapQuest / Man, fuck a backpacker

Formerly known as JESEFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    No, I believe that is what the pervy old wizard said.
    "You're a wizard, harry. "

LPA team
    Foo Fighters "Back And Forth" Documentary: 9.5/10

A nearly perfect documentary. It was very well done showing the journey this band has been through starting with Dave Grohl's Nirvana days. It had awesome live footage, great interviews, and lots of laughs along the way.

Apocalypto (2006) - 5/5
    This film is so fucking under-appreciated. If it weren't for Mel Gibson's PR blunders, it would be considered as a landmark film by now. Not enough people appreciate the amount of work that went into the making of, what I consider, a classic film! The acting talented showcased in this film, by a cast of almost unknowns, could give the top actors in Hollywood a run for their money. This is one of the most ambitious films I've ever seen and Mel Gibson managed to pull it off with perfection.

Extremely H! Vltg3 The Fortunate One's Avatar
    The Tourist - 8/10. Epic movie.
    The Priest - 7/10. Great

Now watching Pearl Harbor. Reliving the old times.
    Known Aliases; CallofReach141

Quote Originally Posted by Agent O View Post
    Apocalypto (2006) - 5/5
    This film is so fucking under-appreciated. If it weren't for Mel Gibson's PR blunders, it would be considered as a landmark film by now. Not enough people appreciate the amount of work that went into the making of, what I consider, a classic film! The acting talented showcased in this film, by a cast of almost unknowns, could give the top actors in Hollywood a run for their money. This is one of the most ambitious films I've ever seen and Mel Gibson managed to pull it off with perfection.
    I agree. I watched this maybe 8 months ago and I was blown away. So damn good. I was into this film from start to finish and was in love.

Extremely H! Vltg3 The Fortunate One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by travz21 View Post
    I agree. I watched this maybe 8 months ago and I was blown away. So damn good. I was into this film from start to finish and was in love.
    I remember the scene in which those idiots followed Jaguar Paw down the waterfall and broke their fucking heads on rocks.

Thread Information