PS4 - Xbox One Dilemma

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by Fury99, Dec 22, 2014.

Fury99

Fury99 4EVER LP

This is more of a dilemma-type story but I'm gonna explain anyway. The question is, Is it me or are the best new games coming out on PS4 only rather than the Xbox One? My personal situation is that I've had the same exact Xbox 360 for the past 5 years and I've had the best gaming experiences of my life. The thing is I had the entire Playstation console line stemming from the original PS1, PS2, PSP, and PS3. I decided to go to the 360 since all my friends had the 360. Now it seems that the PS4 is getting all the good games such as H1Z1 and No Man's Sky. My friends I usually play with are planning on getting the Xbox One but they haven't been online lately so I'm not sure if they will be online much for the Xbox One or be online at all. So the question is, should I just get the Xbox One and have a chance to continue the great gaming experiences that I've been having but no guarantee, or make the switch to PS4 and play the games that I want to play but play them alone.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

i must point out that a solid xbox 360 experience doesn't necessarily mean a solid xbox one experience.

although, i feel as though there is a no losing pick in this situation.

i have both consoles and have played them both once. i played killzone on the ps4 and as much as i wanted to snap that disc in half, it was the first game i finished in a long time. and yesterday i played worms on the xbox with a friend and the controls were so bad that i am now going to get the game on my computer and have a good old time not jumping to my demise when i am supposed to be throwing a damn cluster bomb. :lol:

ultimately, maybe aim for the console that ur friends have, and game with them. or go with ur gut. you can't lose.

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

But you're taking the fun out of the game :lol:

Back on topic, just keep in mind that you can make friends on PS4. Hell, I only play with one friend that I actually know in real life on Xbox 360. Everyone else I met online (and I have like 70 friends on my account). And if you see exclusives that really sway your opinion, than you should go for that console. The only reason I'm getting an Xbox One is cause I love Halo, and I would hate not being able to play it.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lol I would comment, but there is nothing I can say that is unbiased. I'm a PS fan because it's just what I've always played. Plus I haven't played anything next gen yet. So I'm gonna leave this one alone.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

#PCMasterRace

But in all seriousness, console wars / debates are so fucking pointless.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Oh, I know that feel

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

it was equally hilarious and frustrating. i was ready to school him, he had three worms all together and i had my motherfucking cluster bombs and holy grenades ready to go, then i proceed to jump off the edge of my fort and drown.

it happened twice, then i took my turns way slower, making sure i wasn't clicking the wrong button, and it still didn't help. :lol:

Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

Fuck this shit and join my side, the wii u side (tho I also have ps4, lol).

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

:rofl:...

Seriously though, ignore that post.

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

#PCMasterRace

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Second that, wish we had a good PC here.

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

Xbox one it got better game and it won't get hack like sony

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Nintendo 64 > All Other Consoles

/Thread

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

I have a problem of my own, so my opinion is not the best to go on. I just generally can't really get into games anymore aside from maybe some Visual Novels/Point & Click games which leads me to my next point. I've owned the XB1 since early November, I bought it for Halo only to find out it's just not my thing like it once was. I've barely played the thing since then, so it's really just me (There are plenty of games for it, just none that I'm interested in >_<). I haven't turned it on in the past three weeks. The time I did spend with it though was just frustrating. Constant patches and updates taking up half of your storage, major matchmaking issues with some games, connection problems, Xbox Live going down multiple times, etc. I imagine the PS4 has it's own problems, but I can't give you my opinion on the PS4 as I don't own it.

I will say this, 9 out of 10 times the PS4 version of a game should look and run better than its XB1 counterpart. No matter what, 3rd party games will be better on the PS4 unless the devs somehow mess up really bad or force parity. The PS4 also has a higher install base so it should be easier to find matches in multiplayer games. Unless you REALLY like Xbox exclusives over PlayStation's or you prefer the UI better, there's really not much of a reason to get the XB1 over the PS4, especially if you're unsure if your friends are going to even be playing the XB1. Whatever console has more friends you can play with then I'd say go with that one, honestly at the end of the day you can't really go wrong with either. I personally only bought the XB1 because of the reduced price and Halo, but if I had the choice at the same price I'd probably go with the PS4.

This is coming from someone with a slight bias towards MS consoles, the 360 was my main console last gen (Which is why I was a bit more inclined to get the XB1 over anything else). I really just think the PS4 is the best choice this time around.

You sound like a PlayStation fan, the PS4 just seems like a no brainer for you. If playing with friends is extremely important to you, then I guess you'd be fine with the XB1 too.

Personally, I'd recommend everyone who has cash to throw around the best combo there is, Wii U (Pretty much the best console of this gen for party games with friends so far) + a gaming PC or a PS4.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
    Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Just buy an iPhone.

*runs for his life*

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

RUN TO THE HILLS , RUN FOR YOUR LIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE...

:kappa:

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

^Lol, I doubt Filip will get that reference. What a noob. :kappa:

Wizardofozil

Wizardofozil Well-Known Member

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member