Manchester Show Cameras and Official Bootlegs

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Sharkstar, Nov 23, 2014.

Sharkstar

Sharkstar New Member

Hi all! Bit of a strange request, i know, but does anyone happen to know who the video cameramen were at Manchester last night? Do they tour with the band or something? I'm super curious about this as i'm certain i recognised one of them from the last time LP were playing Manchester back in 2010, but i was never able to ask him about it!

Also, any ideas whether we'll be able to buy a recording of the concert this time around? I bought the 'official bootleg' CDs with codes to dowload the last couple of shows they did here (2008 and 2010), but the merch stalls didn't seem to carry them this time. :/ The show was so incredible, i'm still reeling from it! I'd love to hear it all over again.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

LP does have their own camera crew, I think they also use local crews to supplement them depending on the size/location of the show, but I saw numerous camera people with Honda Civic Tour/A Thousand Suns-era shirts on at the show I went to earlier this year.

The live audio releases were discontinued at the end of 2012 and most likely will not be offered again in the future.

Sharkstar

Sharkstar New Member

Ah, that makes sense. I don't think i saw anyone wearing tour shirts, (although i could have missed that), but it does explain why i thought i'd seen one of the crew members before.

That's a real shame! I was looking forward to being able to hear the show again, but i guess Youtube videos will have to suffice. I wonder why the bootlegs were discontinued?

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

LPLive posted a flac of the concert. It doesn't sound great, but while playing in VLC and enabling the compressor and graphic equaliser, I got mine to sound decent. It's quite good for a fan recording, great to relive the night.