Linkin Park To Headline LoudWire Music Fest in Grand Junction, Co - June 26-28th, 2015

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 5, 2014.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

It seems like the Western US Tour Dates just keep on coming, as today it has been announced that Linkin Park will be the first headliner of the 'LoudWire Music Fest' taking place in Grand Junction, CO next summer on June 26th to 28th, 2015.

For more details, check out the festival's official page here.

Source: LoudWire Music Festival via Infinity

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Thought Loudwire didn't really like LP.

Derek

Not to mention half the shit they post is practically clickbait. But hey, if you have the money you can get any act you want -_-.

In fairness though, they were pretty friendly on LP's latest record, gave it high marks.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I recall they were very positive in most of their reviews regarding LP, even during the LT album cycle.

Plus, they report a lot more LP than most websites.

polleo

polleo You're gonna carry that weight. LPA Super Member

Yeah, didn't they do the recent wikipedia fact vs fiction with Joe Hahn? I always thought they were one of the sites that liked LP. Fuck knows.

Derek

Yeah come to think about it, Rolling Stone are more a-holes to LP and they get interviews etc all the time. I mean the last 2-3 reviews on RS for LP albums have been despicable.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

In my opinion, Loudwire panders to the trolls that hate on anything that isn't straight-up rock or metal.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

NME despise LP and always seem to get a fair amount of interviews. Like, really despise. They gave Minutes to Midnight a 2/10.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

This makes me think there will be a Mini West Coast tour starting with RIR Vegas and ending with this show.

Then Europe will be in August-Semptermber instead of the normal. Maybe July-August

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

I don't know. Their reviews for Burn It Down and LT were particularly positive, and they've always portrayed LP in a good light in their news articles or features even though it's clear that LP's not their favorite band.

While I heavily agree with this (I remember they included them in a list of "Terrible Bands with One Great Album" or something like that), their review of THP was surprisingly positive-ish. A 6/10 from them is painstakingly generous from them already.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

NME basically wants nu-metal/heavy LP. Meteora was given an 8. MTM was given a 2, they didn't review ATS and LT was given a 5.
    NME LOVES Muse.

Loudwire recently included THP in their list of top 20 albums of 2014 so far.
    Rolling Stone has been pretty neutral with LP. They liked MTM but gave mediocre reviews for ATS and LT.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

How am I from Colorado and know nothing of this festival. Also, Grand Junction is like, hours away from anything.

AaronJxD

AaronJxD Well-Known Member

NME love British artists. I love Arctic Monkeys and Morrissey, but their albums are practically guaranteed at least an 8 before a reviewer from NME actually listens to it. AM got a 10 which was a bit ridiculous.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

It does seem like an odd place for a festival, but it also could make sense if it's out in nowehere.

Kind of like Sasquath at The Gorge in Washington every year.