November 3, 2014 - Zurich, Switzerland.

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Nov 2, 2014.

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Linkin Park, back in Switzerland, starting the 2014 European tour!

This is the seventh time in Switzerland for the band, and the fourth time in Zurich. Previous times were in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 and this summer.
    In 2009 the band continued with their habit to heavily "remix" certain songs live. A great example of this is on Points of Authority. On this song the band added a beat intro with Mike pulling out random rap verses from the Fort Minor and Linkin Park discography. They also sometimes switched up the second verse by removing the guitar and playing the drums completely different. And then we have the outro, a nice long outro where Mike would again add another random rap verse, most notably There They Go, as can be seen in the Road To Revolution performance of the song. At the 2009 performance in Zurich, Mike rapped Petrified over the intro and A Place For My Head over the outro. And you can check it out here below.

[video=youtube;P3usglbW3VU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3usglbW3VU[/video]
    (full audio here)

Last performance where we caught up with the band was at the 2014 Stars of the Season gala. The band played a ten song setlist, with only one song from The Hunting Party played. This is because the band took the stage later than expected due to earlier events in the evenings program ran long. With this performance though we got something the earlier performances at the event had not brought us... VIDEO! And it's of a guest appearance! Luis Ortiz from Million Dollar Listing New York came out and rapped in Spanish on Papercut. It's not long, but you can check out the video of this here below.

[video=youtube;NzL-tTAZwgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzL-tTAZwgk[/video]
    Could someone please translate what he said?

After the performance, Chester also filmed some stuff for another charity music video version of one of their songs, this time it was for Iridescent. There is more information about the video in this article. It's a really nice emotional video.

This is the first headlining European tour for the band since 2011, when they still promoted A Thousand Suns. This makes Living Things the only album not to get a full European tour. Festival runs do not count. Europe loves Linkin Park, there is no denying that. And Linkin Park loves Europe. The European tours usually mean changes in the setlist by new debuts or resurrection of songs that has not been played live in a while. In 2011 the band brought back From The Inside. In 2007 they played The Little Things Give You Away and Leave Out All The Rest for the first time in Europe. Not to mention that the first plays in front of an audience for Given Up, No More Sorrow and What I've Done came in Europe.

[video=youtube;WLZ3uDDAP0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLZ3uDDAP0c[/video]​

So can we expect something cool like that for this tour? One song that there has been PLENTY of talk about wanting to play live, both from the fans and the band, is A Line In The Sand. And as always there has been a HUGE number of requests for A Place For My Head to be brought back into the set. Is this tour when we will get to see both of these songs be worked into the set? Let's hope so.

After this the band moves on to two out of the nine performances in Germany on this tour. Starting in Stuttgart on the 4th, and then going to Cologne on the 6th.

Are you going to the show? Well... In an initiative to connect the fans of Linkin Park, we here on LPA made a meet up schedule, so if you want to meet some fellow LPA users before the show, the page for all the information and names of who are attending the show is right here. So make it known that you are attending the show, so you can meet some other awesome fans. Remember to tweet pictures to @LPAssociation if you meet some other members.

So what do YOU think? Will we get new live debuts? Will we get some older songs played again? Come and discuss in our forums.

Full European Tour Schedule:

Nov. 3 - Zurich, Switzerland @ Hallenstadion |
    Nov. 4 - Stuttgart, Germany @ Schleyerhalle |
    Nov. 6 - Cologne, Germany @ Lanxess Arena |
    Nov. 7 - Amsterdam, Netherlands @ Ziggo Dome |
    Nov. 9 - Oberhausen, Germany @ Koenig-Pilsener Arena |
    Nov. 10 - Hamburg, Germany @ O2 World |
    Nov. 12 - Leipzig, Germany @ Leipzig Arena |
    Nov. 13 - Munich, Germany @ Olympiahalle |
    Nov. 14 - Vienna, Austria @ Stadthalle |
    Nov. 16 - Paris, France @ Bercy |
    Nov. 17 - Frankfurt, Germany @ Festhalle |
    Nov. 19 - Berlin, Germany @ O2 World |
    Nov. 20 - Bremen, Germany @ OVB Arena |
    Nov. 22 - Manchester, UK @ Phones 4 U Arena |
    Nov. 23 - London, UK @ The O2 Arena |
    Nov. 24 - London, UK @ The O2 Arena |

SETLIST

01. Mashup Intro #2 (w/ Session, 1stp Klosr, The Requiem, The Summoning, The Catalyst, Guilty All The Same)
    02. Guilty All The Same
    03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
    04. With You
    05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
    06. Blackout [Shortened] (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only; Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
    07. Papercut [Shortened] (No Second Verse or Second Chorus)
    08. Rebellion (Ext. Intro)
    09. Runaway [Shortened] (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only; Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)
    10. Wastelands
    11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro; w/ Oppenheimer Speech)
    12. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
    13. Robot Boy [Shortened] (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only)
    14. Joe Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
    15. Numb (Numb/Encore False Start/Outro)
    16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'Until It Breaks' Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
    17. Final Masquerade
    18. Mike Solo Medley (Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Ext. Outro Transition)
    19. Lying From You (Dirt Off You Shoulders Intro/Bridge/Outro)
    20. Somewhere I Belong
    21. In The End
    22. Faint (Ext. Outro)
    --------------------------------
    23. Burn It Down [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus)
    24. Lost In The Echo [Shortened] (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge)
    25. New Divide [Shortened] (No Second Verse and Second Chorus; Transition Outro)
    26. Until It's Gone [Shortened] (Ext. Intro w/ Points of Authority rap)
    27. What I've Done (Ticking Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
    28. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Zak

Zak HEY, EVERYONE! GET IN HERE!

We need a thread to see who's going to which show!

KevinLP

KevinLP Untitled

I hope they change the setlist. I'm going to the amsterdam show, and I hope they play NMS, WTCFM or The Catalyst. I love those songs and they're really good live. I don't think they'll do that but we'll see.

lukiaffe

lukiaffe Active Member

Hey, I'm from sweden, what do you mean "special"

Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

Awesome?
    I don't know, it's a quote from some time ago on here, don't remember what context it was said in.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Make one. :bradwink:

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

I will make one yet.

bigbadboz

bigbadboz Active Member

Chances of a "It's Goin Down" feature during the extended Bleed It Out bridge as a nod to Wayne?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

TOSSED THE KEYS TO THE KINGDOM DOWN THAT HOLE IN MY EYE!

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

Wait, the band has spoken about wanting to play A Line In The Sand live? I thought it was always just the fans wanting to see that song live.
    I hope they do play it though. That and Keys To The Kingdom. KTTK would be a killer track to be played live.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

This. I saw these songs live, but I would love to see them again. They're that good.

Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

I didn't even know they're playing here today lol. I can't go anyway.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

:sheldon:

Other than that, the setlist is fine...

Michele

THIS. Too many shortened.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

:(

Michele

no controll. NO SURPRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISEEEEEEEEE!

AndyKay

AndyKay Member

Is that setlist up to date or did they switch anything for the European Tour yet ? would be nice if any1 of the Zurich or Stuttgart attendants could confirm or post sth. regarding that

Can't w8 till 9th :D too excited

Michele

Its the regular one , sadly....

BUT 9th is coming!!!!!!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

We got tweeted the following:

Can anyone verify?

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I remember it that way. There's video from that show as well