Politics

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Ashworth, Oct 31, 2014.

Ashworth

Ashworth New Member

Why is our government stil impossing sanctions on a country like zimbabwe among others...i guese by now we should just mind our business

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Thought we live in Big Europe all together :kappa:

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

http://www.npr.org/blogs/ed/2014/11/21/365686593/texas-hits-the-books

Well, this is a good a place as any to put this. Just approved on Friday, Moses will now be listed as one of the historical figures who who influenced The Founding Fathers in Texas history textbooks, along the likes of JOHN LOCKE. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK TEXAS. "Moses was not a Founding Father. However, I believe he did influence our Founding Fathers." So because of your personal belief, you're going to instill lies into the minds of the Texas youth? Fuck you.

Conservatives in this country are absolutely maddening. America is not a Christian nation. Christian Extremists need to quite shoving their religion down peoples throats.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Can't we just let Texas succeed from this county and keep Houston and Austin? The politicians there are getting madder by the second and it's becoming quite depressing.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

These fucking people. They worship a book written by men who didn't know where the fucking sun went at night, why the fuck are we letting them make choices on public school curriculum? The people who decided that Moses is a historic figure are fucking swine. Fucking swine. I'm so sick of Christian conservatives acting like religion and science hold equal ground. They don't! The Bible is obsolete and they fucking know it is, but they won't let it go. I think due to an ironic sense of misplaced pride. Pride in their own ignorance and they're gonna fucking wallow in it until it drowns each and every one of us.

Edit: I guess I should take back something I said. Saying that these people recognize that the Bible is obsolete and just don't want to believe it is giving them too much credit. I think they might actually believe what it says, which is really kind of worse than just being in denial.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Texas was its own country for like 10 years in the mid 1800s. And seceding doesn't have a great track record. That whole civil war thing was caused over secession.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

[​IMG]

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

Many politicians from here are indeed insane. We can't complain about it if we keep electing them, though.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I didn't fucking elect them.

Reed To Black

Reed To Black Prog, bro.

I didn't say you did? It seems to me as if everyone I talk to hates the politicians from here but yet people keep electing them... It really shocks me how it keeps happening.